Target

Reaction score
BTW, my sighting was at the Northridge Target on Balboa and Nordhoff near the Burger King for those who are in the area.

I cant find sith jet trooper with good cards...
Man, had I seen this before I went today I would have grabbed one for you. Both I saw were on pristine cards as well as the Ren Knight's card that I picked up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We need a "Cave of Evil" thread GNT!

Here is the image from Target's Hoilday catalog that I got in the mail yesterday. $39.99 available 11/10.

Reaction score
I swear that Yoda looks like it has a new head. It’s a great likeness. Maybe just new paint apps but it looks great.

Reaction score
It’s nice for some of you to get another shot at that Yoda. But man, the repacks...

Reaction score
FF isnt really an event anymore, thats why theres a lackluster response from retail. Oddly enough, the closest Target put out some items for FF, including TVC, and then restocked with various items over the last couple weeks. The closest WM on the other hand is a train wreck - its been two weeks, and they still dont have their display up, nor anything in the action figure aisle, lol.
I've given up on finding any new SW toys I want @ retail stores (other than discount stores). I haven't even been to Target since before TFF, and Wal-mart only has/had one small end-cap - with very little new product. The SW toy section in all these stores have shrunk considerably since the 200X's. I.e., going on a toy run seems almost pointless these days.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've given up on finding any new SW toys I want @ retail stores (other than discount stores). I haven't even been to Target since before TFF, and Wal-mart only has/had one small end-cap - with very little new product. The SW toy section in all these stores have shrunk considerably since the 200X's. I.e., going on a toy run seems almost pointless these days.

Remember when toy runs were fun?

Reaction score
I took off from work yesterday specifically for an all-day toy run. I covered several towns and my stops were at Ross, Burlington, Five Below, Tuesday Morning and Marshalls. Times certainly have changed from the days of KayBee, ToysRUs, Target, WalMart and Service Merchandise. My WalMart carries ZERO Star Wars items nowadays. Sadly, my run wasn't very fruitful though I did snag a Tobias Beckett NERF gun from Ross for $12.99.

Reaction score
I swear that Yoda looks like it has a new head. It’s a great likeness. Maybe just new paint apps but it looks great.
It’s nice for some of you to get another shot at that Yoda. But man, the repacks...
Hasbro confirmed at NYCC that Yoda is pretty much new. New head, and more articulation was added to make him VC acceptable. It's suspected this may be the 6" figure shrunk down or the BS figure that Boss Studios originally designed but was eventually changed for whatever reason.

Reaction score
^ hmmm, kinda coincides with former tvc yoda that yakface had on thier rumor list but since been removed. Still may wait for clearence

Last edited:
Reaction score
I took off from work yesterday specifically for an all-day toy run. I covered several towns and my stops were at Ross, Burlington, Five Below, Tuesday Morning and Marshalls. Times certainly have changed from the days of KayBee, ToysRUs, Target, WalMart and Service Merchandise. My WalMart carries ZERO Star Wars items nowadays. Sadly, my run wasn't very fruitful though I did snag a Tobias Beckett NERF gun from Ross for $12.99.
Holy **** that is depressing lol

A Tobias Beckett NERF gun.

Reaction score
Yes, but it's been a while for me - not since the mid 200X's (or maybe earlier).

I took off from work yesterday specifically for an all-day toy run. I covered several towns and my stops were at Ross, Burlington, Five Below, Tuesday Morning and Marshalls. Times certainly have changed from the days of KayBee, ToysRUs, Target, WalMart and Service Merchandise. My WalMart carries ZERO Star Wars items nowadays.
Yes, it's a sad state of affairs when you actually find a better variety of SW toys at discount stores than mainstream retail stores - LOL. But, this is not surprising at all. And, at least you're getting these toys for fantastic prices - for the most part.

And, as you said, a lot of toy stores don't exist anymore, i.e. TRU, Kaybee, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went to six stores looking to replace my tvc figures that arrived smashed...found a bunch of luke and one lone Knight of Ren, a couple of Poe, and the rest were smashed jet troopers and Reys. May have to suck it up and chalk these up as a loss and buy a case from Dorkside...

Reaction score
Hasbro confirmed at NYCC that Yoda is pretty much new. New head, and more articulation was added to make him VC acceptable. It's suspected this may be the 6" figure shrunk down or the BS figure that Boss Studios originally designed but was eventually changed for whatever reason.
I missed that news, thanks. Can’t wait to get this one.

Reaction score
^ hmmm, kinda coincides with former tvc yoda that yakface had on thier rumor list but since been removed. Still may wait for clearence

I would bet money the Yoda eventually sees a release individually on an ESB card in the VC, too. Especially since 2020 is Empire's 40th. And you know Hasbro wants to recoup as much of their money spent on re-tooling the old green Jedi Master. I'm sure he'd sell like hotcakes on a proper ESB card since the last one ended up being the prequel era RotS version.

I missed that news, thanks. Can’t wait to get this one.
Yeah! When they said he was fully re-tooled it made this set an instant buy! The new Luke head also looks pretty amazing and should be as great as the recent photo real Stromtrooper Han and all the recent Luke heads have been!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking forward to this version of Yoda on a VC card. Going to swing by a local target that is supposed to have this in stock today. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks yoda is too tall?
He probably is, although if he is articulated like they say he is, we should be able to hunch him over like he was in the films. I think the way the figure is shown, he is standing up perfectly straight. Which he never ever did in the movies. I think the articulation joints probably add some height to a figure that small unfortunately (the same complaints/observations happened with the VC Wicket when it came out, too). One good thing about Yoda, since he is hidden under a robe, he should be easier to customize and hide any modifications if you have to shrink him down.

Regardless if he is a little too tall, I am really happy we are finally getting a SA Yoda based on his ESB/RotJ appearances!

Reaction score
I skipped on the black series one because of the height. Then the new head came out...and i still skipped...lol nothing beats original Kenner Yoda.

Reaction score
Not a Funko dude but my nephew is. Finally found his xmas present. Was able to the the black trooper and a dead mint jawa but Leia is still eluding me. Would prefer the variant card but it's not super important.

Reaction score
Found leftovers of the Leia wave last night. She was long gone. After two failed attempts from Amazon, it was nice to see a Jawa with a decent card. Picked one up, left everything else. Bummed I missed Leia, but I'll find her eventually.

Reaction score
I skipped on the black series one because of the height. Then the new head came out...and i still skipped...lol nothing beats original Kenner Yoda.
It is something how that little figure of Yoda still holds up. I remember that figure being the only SW vintage figure where people were actually hunting him down throughout the year he came out in stores. Kenner eventually made solid cases of him and the hole was finally filled. :)

Reaction score
Found leftovers of the Leia wave last night. She was long gone. After two failed attempts from Amazon, it was nice to see a Jawa with a decent card. Picked one up, left everything else. Bummed I missed Leia, but I'll find her eventually.
Hit two targets in my area and both had Leia wave with crushed cardbacks, very strange that it happened at two of them.
I did get them at 10% off, but I guess they got damaged cards in their shipments...

Reaction score
Hit 2 more targets today still no Leia but I was able to grab a mint Hoth Rebel Soldier. Must have restocked that wave because all I saw forever was the same 3 beat up ones for a year.

Also I spoke with someone at Target about the Cave of Evil Special Action Figure set and its release date is 11/10. Planned on hitting Target at opening that day anyway for the Vader Funko for my nephew. Hopefully they will have both.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hit two targets in my area and both had Leia wave with crushed cardbacks, very strange that it happened at two of them.
I did get them at 10% off, but I guess they got damaged cards in their shipments...

Hasbro must be using cheaper shipping cartons. I know they also pack only 8 figures in a case now, and they have them standing vertical instead of laying horizontal like they did for YEARS. I've never seen and heard about so many damaged figures as I have since they started shipping them the new way! Even Dorkside said they get damaged cases all the time, and that's why they do so many "non mint" sales.

Reaction score
Hasbro must be using cheaper shipping cartons. I know they also pack only 8 figures in a case now, and they have them standing vertical instead of laying horizontal like they did for YEARS. I've never seen and heard about so many damaged figures as I have since they started shipping them the new way! Even Dorkside said they get damaged cases all the time, and that's why they do so many "non mint" sales.

The case’s are at one time or another stacked on top of each other and then pallets etc etc. The weight on the cards standing vertical is causing all the damage.

Reaction score
Hit 2 more targets today still no Leia but I was able to grab a mint Hoth Rebel Soldier. Must have restocked that wave because all I saw forever was the same 3 beat up ones for a year.

Also I spoke with someone at Target about the Cave of Evil Special Action Figure set and its release date is 11/10. Planned on hitting Target at opening that day anyway for the Vader Funko for my nephew. Hopefully they will have both.

Hello, do you have an Ollies store near you? The rebel soldier is showing up there in solid cases of 8 at only $5.99 each pr figure. Good luck and happy hunting. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello, do you have an Ollies store near you? The rebel soldier is showing up there in solid cases of 8 at only $5.99 each pr figure. Good luck and happy hunting. :)
I dont believe so. I got a great condition one so I'm set. I did notice it's on Targets website for $8.90 and I'm pretty sure I payed $13.

Karma... I misread a sign on the K-cups thinking it said 2 for 1. Well it was buy 3 get 1 free but the manager didn't argue(even though she was right) and gave me the two boxes half off. Target got even with my as.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lookie what I found while Leia hunting today. Had the gal scan it to see if I could play dumb and get it for 19.99. If course she said it shouldn't be out yet... not terribly impressed seeing it in person.

Last edited: