Target

Reaction score
I was adding a precision regarding the availability of this wave in French supermarkets (I live in Paris), not in the US. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Ha Ha! Thanks. Guess I should have looked at your Avatar. That would have cleared it up as well. Good to hear you're having happy hunting over there.

Reaction score
Ha Ha! Thanks. Guess I should have looked at your Avatar. That would have cleared it up as well. Good to hear you're having happy hunting over there.
We got maybe 3 or 4 waves of the TVC line in France, so I wouldn't consider this a happy hunting.

I bought most "rare" figs (those I knew would command a premium fast : EU, troopers...) at a local import shop for 15-17€ each. Other figs were either bought here on Rebelscum or on ebay.

It's always like this, so we're used to not finding anything, when I saw the Malgus wave I was really impressed and thought it was a mistake from Hasbro France to get this wave :D

Reaction score
$10.19 today for Vintage Collection, if you are into TPM wave and one lonely Vader. I turned around and walked out of the store. I had been thinking of a CD and some grocery purchases, but there is plenty of competition.

Reaction score
I think Target not changing the DCPI number for the new figures is really gonna screw things up.

Reaction score
Went to 5 different Targets during the past week. Not one of them had 3.75 inch Black Series. Most had TVC Phantom Menace leftovers that, when scanned, showed none in the stock room. So that means what? No TBS coming to those stores for the foreseeable future. I know I won't be buying any of those freaking Qui Gons still hanging there and I don't imagine anyone else will either!

Reaction score
a friend in town is going to do the Phantom Menace shuffle in hopes to get a new case in at my store. I found them at a Walmart the other night, so I'm done 'til wave 2. Would've been nice to use my discount, but I ain't got time fo that!

Reaction score
The figures are coming fellas. I have hit my 6 local targets in my toy hunting route and they all have the black series 3 and 3/4 inch series. I've also run into the Black Series 6 inch series twice. Every Target I have been to has reset the aisles for the holiday season and have new product in stock.

Check with the associates as to when they will reset and then they will start putting out new product.

Reaction score
All stores should have transitioned by now, unless they have some major staffing problems.

Chances are no one you talk to is going to know when they are going to put out new product. If it comes in for the transition, it has already been pushed. If it comes in on a truck, it gets pushed in the morning, as long as it fits. If the store is anything like mine, they cram it wherever they can, whether it fits or not.

Reaction score
If the store is anything like mine, they cram it wherever they can, whether it fits or not.
I wish my store was like that, they send so much backstock back I am always going out to double check some things that I KNOW fits........my flow team is LAZY! Plus it doesnt help that the ETLs are pushing them to hurry and get out to save hours, god forbid they get 30hrs a week........

Reaction score
I was at Target after they did their reset. They still have the tag for the VTC figures but not the Black series. Though they did have a stop for the 6 inch figures. What gives?

Reaction score
I was at Target after they did their reset. They still have the tag for the VTC figures but not the Black series. Though they did have a stop for the 6 inch figures. What gives?
Its been discussed a few pages back, but Target didn't change the dpci from Vintage to Black Series. In the system, they are one in the same. The tags for Vintage 3.75 ARE the tags for Black Series 3.75...from a certain point of view. ;)

Reaction score
I walked into Target lastnite hoping to find the new BS. Only found the new mission and saga figures. But to my surprise they had some new additional VC figures hanging there and scored a Imperial Navy Commander.

Reaction score
At NYCC one booth (primarily selling DVDs) had a whole mess of the Villain Set and Droid Set exclusives for $10 each. Couldn't pass up a Sand People with two extras for that price, so I got the villain set; just opened it last night. Mildly disappointed that Sand People only has swivel elbows, but that's largely overlooked by how well the softgoods work for him. I have another Boba Fett that I like better from a design point, but this one is nice too. Snaggletooth is a surprisingly quirky, fun little guy, and I really like that they gave him a holster in the back of his belt. Seems kinda like they split the difference on height between the vintage blue and red ones. Anybody know if the height is accurate to the movie? I might've preferred him a bit shorter.

Reaction score
I was out hunting for Black Series figures earlier tonight and found a fresh case of
the Malgus/INC Vintage wave on the pegs, including Malgus himself.

Didn't need anything so I left them for someone else.

Won't be seeing any 3.75" Black Series at that location anytime soon. :'(

Reaction score
Wow, that's quite amazing. I wonder if it was lost in the storage room all this time. Has the Black Series been there at all yet? Or was there earlier Black Series, then this case showed up? I think when other collectors find that Vintage wave pegged, it will disappear and opens things up for the Black Series again without dragging on forever.

Reaction score
I think when other collectors find that Vintage wave pegged, it will disappear and opens things up for the Black Series again without dragging on forever.
Unfortunately a few of the 6 Phantom Menace figures in that Malgus case will hold things up for a while!

Reaction score
Wow, that's quite amazing. I wonder if it was lost in the storage room all this time. Has the Black Series been there at all yet? Or was there earlier Black Series, then this case showed up? I think when other collectors find that Vintage wave pegged, it will disappear and opens things up for the Black Series again without dragging on forever.

I'm sure it was a case they found in the back; Targets here in MN got slammed w/ this wave back in the spring.

Those TPM carry-forwards won't be disappearing any time soon, I can tell you that! Plus there's still a couple
left over from the previous case. ZERO chance of any 3.75" Black Series showing up at this store.

(They did receive some cases of the 6" Black Series)

Reaction score
I live near BenShysa and let me pipe in; there's been so much W1 3.75 BS here that Hoth will melt before we see any W2 BS let alone Darth Plag in store.

Reaction score
Ventured to a Target I haven't been to in at least 9 months and was surprised to see it looked exactly the same for TVC (at a premium of $11.79 for TPM wave still!!!)...

Reaction score
My Target had an end cap which was not fully stocked and a mobile shelf in the middle of the main aisle in front. I did find an extra Sith Jet trooper but it looks like they only got 1-2 cases of TVC and 1-2 of Black Series which I don’t collect. I also spotted the exclusive Mando.

Reaction score
Wanted to get Boba Fett Funko for my nephew but wasn't motivated enough to go at 7. He was probably the first thing that went. Of the two Targets I went to there were a couple TVC scraps and the worthless trinkets on a cashed end cap.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Target apparently decided it wasn't even going to participate in Triple Force Friday. They had no aisle displays, no endcaps, nothing. They had a few of the remote controlled D-0's and that was literally it.

Reaction score
A brand new Target on my commute home opened yesterday. So I went in. They had it all - the entire Vintage collection, all of the Black Series figures - except the Mandalorian. Tons of TVC X-Wing Lukes. He may be the pegwarmer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A brand new Target on my commute home opened yesterday. So I went in. They had it all - the entire Vintage collection, all of the Black Series figures - except the Mandalorian. Tons of TVC X-Wing Lukes. He may be the pegwarmer.
Yeah. It may be too soon to call anyone a pegwarmer but the nearest Target to me has one peg for TVC (well, a second peg for the other TVC dpci full of snokes but I digress....) and that peg was up to 6 X-wing Lukes (and one sith jet trooper) as of yesterday.

Reaction score
Mine had the same Snokes, TFA Reys, and FO Stormtroopers that it's had for like...a year. Plus one Poe and one new Rey. That was really it.

Reaction score
My order of the Carbonized Mandalorian has now been delayed TWICE, new delivery date is Nov 1.
I am expecting it to be delayed again...Target sucks...

bac

Reaction score
Yeah. It may be too soon to call anyone a pegwarmer but the nearest Target to me has one peg for TVC (well, a second peg for the other TVC dpci full of snokes but I digress....) and that peg was up to 6 X-wing Lukes (and one sith jet trooper) as of yesterday.
Yeah I popped into Target and all I saw on the pegs were 2 Luke X-Wings.

He may sell better after the movie comes out. In hindsight he should have been one-per-case, especially having just been in the SDCC 3-pack.

Reaction score
FF isnt really an event anymore, thats why theres a lackluster response from retail. Oddly enough, the closest Target put out some items for FF, including TVC, and then restocked with various items over the last couple weeks. The closest WM on the other hand is a train wreck - its been two weeks, and they still dont have their display up, nor anything in the action figure aisle, lol. Both of the them are standard not "super" stores, yet Target is always better. A lot of small WMs, including this one, are dumps. At least with Target you can provide them with a DPCI, and they might be able to track down what you're after - WM employees are very rarely of any assistance (at least at the stores I've visited). I'm looking forward to FF being dispensed with.