Tantive IV Playset Service Corridor Upgrade

Reaction score
Hey guys, last weekend I spent a little time drawing up some inserts to put in the new TVC Tantive IV playset to jazz up the backside wall. When I first saw pictures of the playset, I couldn't understand for the life of me why they put those archway halves on the back wall, but didn't bother to even just paint the white wall black or try to add something else.

So it went from looking like this...
Tantive IV Playset Back 02.jpg

...to this...

Hasbro Ad Redux.jpg

As is my usual, this was all done as prints on cardstock, to make it easy to replicate. Getting the slots right for the archway pieces to plug into was the most difficult part...the walls are not smooth on the back, and the tabs are rather shallow, so if I let the slots get too narrow the cardstock would eventually push the archways off the wall. It was a bit of a trial and error process to get them to where they needed to be, which would up being a bit wider than I originally wanted.

In addition, I had bought 2 sets to be able to do both sides of either the corridor itself or the service corridor. I thought I would just be able to use two inserts to fill it, but the wall reassembles into a mirror image, which changes the spacing of the archway pieces on the back. Long story short, I took advantage of that to do a totally different design for the insert on the opposite side of the service corridor:

Backdrop 2 small.jpg

I capped off the whole corridor with a quick piece to go behind Leia and Artoo to complete the scene:

Leia Corridor.jpg

(Once I did this picture, I sort of realized why Hasbro was so nonchalant about finishing the walls, you can't see them in this set-up anyway!)

R2 n Leia small.jpg

All in all, it was a really fun project that took care of the tiny part of the new playset I was unhappy with. I am looking forward to doing more pieces to interact with this set, next up will likely be a "Profundity Hallway" (ie the Rogue One Darth Vader hall) to put on the other side of one of the doorways, and a cockpit set-up for behind another door. Someday...for now I just want to set up the Hallway itself for a bit and have fun with it.

Thanks for looking!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Wow! Wonderful as usual! I didn't realize the set is already out, gotta get ordering...

Utinniii

Reaction score
Aaaaannnnnnd, you bring me one step closer to actually wanting a paper display. This is a great idea to bring life to an otherwise dead space.

You know I think all your stuff is amazing, but 1] I want to make my own, and B] I want them to be 3D.

Reaction score
Aaaaannnnnnd, you bring me one step closer to actually wanting a paper display. This is a great idea to bring life to an otherwise dead space.

You know I think all your stuff is amazing, but 1] I want to make my own, and B] I want them to be 3D.
Don't forget iii] you can build circles around my stuff. (so hearing that is a massive compliment!) 3D is better, there is just no way to market it at a reasonable price. I look at those dioramas from France on eBay all the time and just marvel at the craftsmanship.

Thanks everybody! I am really happy with this one, and can't wait to do more for the set, it is exactly what I wanted it to be (with just a few quibbles, because Star Wars collector.