TAC

Reaction score
Havent had any luck picking up the new tac clones,heard targets wont get any until after the 27th anyone else heard this also that the order 66 packs will be in then as well any one heard?

Reaction score
I hadn't heard that. However, I have been out every day searching at 4 area targets using the DPCI. No one has them in Cincinnati. Dayton and Columbus do, but the closest store to Cincinnati that has them is Middletown.

Reaction score
Yea I keep missing them at TRU by minutes yesterday a guy was buying everyone at the store near me while I was coming in.I am really looking for the order 66 pack I hope they are not limited production

Reaction score
sean_hensley said:
I hadn't heard that. However, I have been out every day searching at 4 area targets using the DPCI. No one has them in Cincinnati. Dayton and Columbus do, but the closest store to Cincinnati that has them is Middletown.
some stores have sold out of all their cases allready surprisingly

a friend was able to pick up a few at a tragt but the pickings where slim

some people are buying every case as reported in other threads

ds

Reaction score
Florence Target has 5 cases and none of them were put out as of Friday afternoon. There is no so called "Street Date" so don't let them tell you that if you use the DCPI. The Target manager told me this himself about the street date. No order 66, but they also have the Vader figure in the back if you use the dcpi. If they say there is a street date ask to show what he/she means by this. Typically a label of some kind would say hold for X date.

Reaction score
Yea,

I would feel like such a tool begging some kid to get toys out of back. I don't think I'll ever use the numbers to see what's in stock.

It's funny, that with all the complaining in this forum about "scalpers" and those "lurking in the shadows" trying to steal out precious action figures....I think more often than not, it's the collectors that buy 5 cases of figures before they are put out yet that RUIN it for the rest of us. I think it's these people who annoy the target employess and get the little signs put up that state don't ask to get stock from the back and similar types of rationing.

I know there are tons of star wars geeks in this area, but do we really have to race each other to have it all the first day?

Reaction score
saw tac at 2 nky kmarts and vader at toys rus so they are not flying off the pegs for the most part

minus the stormtrooper

ds

Reaction score
I actually had luck with the DPCI numbers this morning. Fields Ertel Target still has 4 cases of the first wave and one case of the Darth Vader w/coin album. However, they are all in the back. For some reason, they are holding them out until the beginning of next week.

Reaction score
ultraphage said:
Yea,

I would feel like such a tool begging some kid to get toys out of back. I don't think I'll ever use the numbers to see what's in stock.

It's funny, that with all the complaining in this forum about "scalpers" and those "lurking in the shadows" trying to steal out precious action figures....I think more often than not, it's the collectors that buy 5 cases of figures before they are put out yet that RUIN it for the rest of us. I think it's these people who annoy the target employess and get the little signs put up that state don't ask to get stock from the back and similar types of rationing.

I know there are tons of star wars geeks in this area, but do we really have to race each other to have it all the first day?
wow. youreally hit the nerve with thaose comments. i will change my ways fromnow on so people like YOU can get their hands on the figures earlyon. NOT!!! your words may have some truth to it,but in reality its still a dogeat dog world and the early bird will get the worm 9times out of 10. in a perfect world none of this backroom/stockroom raids would be necessary, we would waltz into any retail store at any time to find any and asmany figures as we want. i realy wish itwere so. until reality becomes fantasy i(and many others) will continue our midnight pallet &stockroom raids.

however iwill aknkowledge your point and play the world smallest violin for you.

happy hunding ultra. ; )

Reaction score
toyking said:
ultraphage said:
Yea,

wow. youreally hit the nerve with thaose comments. i will change my ways fromnow on so people like YOU can get their hands on the figures earlyon. NOT!!! your words may have some truth to it,but in reality its still a dogeat dog world and the early bird will get the worm 9times out of 10. in a perfect world none of this backroom/stockroom raids would be necessary, we would waltz into any retail store at any time to find any and asmany figures as we want. i realy wish itwere so. until reality becomes fantasy i(and many others) will continue our midnight pallet &stockroom raids.

however iwill aknkowledge your point and play the world smallest violin for you.

happy hunding ultra. ; )
my point is this

i dont live by a target

so if im there and can buy them, why shouldnt i?

i would be wasting time looking if i did not buy them when i had the chance.

dpcis are easy to use and help get the stuff so you dont have to look for it and make many trips

i for one dont spend much time in the stores because there is no point in it

long live the dpci and women willing to help me

ds

Reaction score
DanielSammons said:
toyking said:
ultraphage said:
Yea,

happy hunding ultra. ; )
my point is this

i dont live by a target

so if im there and can buy them, why shouldnt i?

i would be wasting time looking if i did not buy them when i had the chance.

dpcis are easy to use and help get the stuff so you dont have to look for it and make many trips

i for one dont spend much time in the stores because there is no point in it

long live the dpci and women willing to help me

ds
AMEN!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Haha,

That's funny (not being sarcastic). I understand that most would rather not screw around hunting and going back and forth (god knows I am sick of it), and I certainly don't think badly of anyone who uses the numbers to get stock room stuff. I guess I still like the feeling of walking in and seeing the pegs STOCKED and I wish that would just happen a little more oftten.

Now, that being said, I think some people just go nuts with this stuff. Can you say that it doesn't upset you that someone may walk into your local target and buy all 5 cases of TAC wave 1....leaving nothing? Those people are either collecting it to sell later (which IMO is not a very good return on investment--but again, that's my opinion), or those people are picking it up to ship to their friends or something. Doesn't that mean that the figures I want are going to be left over in another city where the "friend" didn't have to buy because they sent him the cases they bought here in my area?

Maybe I'm being a tool about it....I don't know? It just seems like these things are collectable only because so many people are collecting.

I feel if people are buying tons of figures to make huge battle scenes or whatever, that's cool, but there is a limit.

Have you guys seen that guy who has his basement literally full of tie-figthers? Seriously, he HAD to have bought every single one he saw at every store even remotely near his house. He screwed alot of people. Now it was cool to look at, but even though that guy views those as expensive wall paper, there are others who want to actually play with these and enjoy them with their children or whatever.

But, yea......dog eat dog....I'm down and even though it sounds like I'm slamming people, I don't mean it like that. I just feel like a frenzy is in the air over TAC. I worry that if someone buys the 5 cases that target has in their stock room, that they won't have anything out until summer. I mean how much will each target get shipped anyway?

Reaction score
ultraphage said:
Haha,

That's funny (not being sarcastic). I understand that most would rather not screw around hunting and going back and forth (god knows I am sick of it), and I certainly don't think badly of anyone who uses the numbers to get stock room stuff. I guess I still like the feeling of walking in and seeing the pegs STOCKED and I wish that would just happen a little more oftten.

Now, that being said, I think some people just go nuts with this stuff. Can you say that it doesn't upset you that someone may walk into your local target and buy all 5 cases of TAC wave 1....leaving nothing? Those people are either collecting it to sell later (which IMO is not a very good return on investment--but again, that's my opinion), or those people are picking it up to ship to their friends or something. Doesn't that mean that the figures I want are going to be left over in another city where the "friend" didn't have to buy because they sent him the cases they bought here in my area?

Maybe I'm being a tool about it....I don't know? It just seems like these things are collectable only because so many people are collecting.

I feel if people are buying tons of figures to make huge battle scenes or whatever, that's cool, but there is a limit.

Have you guys seen that guy who has his basement literally full of tie-figthers? Seriously, he HAD to have bought every single one he saw at every store even remotely near his house. He screwed alot of people. Now it was cool to look at, but even though that guy views those as expensive wall paper, there are others who want to actually play with these and enjoy them with their children or whatever.

But, yea......dog eat dog....I'm down and even though it sounds like I'm slamming people, I don't mean it like that. I just feel like a frenzy is in the air over TAC. I worry that if someone buys the 5 cases that target has in their stock room, that they won't have anything out until summer. I mean how much will each target get shipped anyway?
understandable yourpoint is. however you must also look at the fact that the more a store sells a specific item the more it will want to order more. supply/demand. people should not worry about regular figures. however about exclusives...will depend on how much you want to buy.

Reaction score
rate of sale

the more of a store sells the more it stocks

the quicker it sells the quicker it reorders

using dpci help produce more product to the shelves

ds

Reaction score
Yea,

I guess you guys are right. Although I still have memories of NEVER seeing a EP III red clone commander in stores (I never saw the running change w/ the greastest battles or whatever for that matter).....I saw the green version, never the red? I understand that is a random case-thing, but still?

Why isn't anyone taking the R2's or obi-wan's?

So, target is supposed to have these out this weekend? Do our walmarts have the speeder bike battle packs?

Reaction score
i don't know what the big deal is about TAC Wave 1 & 2. some areas (i just came from NC) were more than stocked. i picked up Gree, Kashyyyk Trooper, both FU Troopers, a Legends Dark Trooper, and Evo Fett with no problem--of course there is a huge distribution center near fayetteville, but this area will get more than they can handle, especially since it's going to be a longer lead time to the next waves.

buying 5 cases? the waves aren't that good.

as far as Order 66, i want to get my hands on them before buying...i think my #1 is Choi with #2 being Sev. i might buy at full price, but might take my chances on clearance. if i don't get them, eh.