Sweet Mother Mary...HUGE SPOILER OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED IN A LAST MINUTE TRAILER!

Reaction score
Watch at your own risk! But for my money, all those fears I had about Palpatine...are gone. This looks amazing! And things are STARTING TO MAKE SENSE NOW! Shocking they revealed this, but I think it's basically just to confirm to people, no, this isn't The Last Jedi. See it!

Reaction score
So the second by second breakdowns of this clip are already happening and people are seeing Nihilus, Revan and Bane in those statues...

Reaction score
Basically too good to be true! All my concern about Palpatine's revival has changed, man. Also is it just me or does it almost feel like LOTR'S Moria but with Sith?

Reaction score
My anticipation for TROS went from excited to see a new Star Wars movie to HOLY ****ING **** I can't wait.

Yea...the hypocrite is strong with this one (this one being me)

Reaction score
I am shocked, utterly shocked, they revealed this BEFORE the movie.
I think Disney's nervous and wants to give people a last-minute push here. Or, maybe they've realized the spoilers have been out to long and figure it won't hurt to confirm Palpy's back.

Reaction score
I dont get it? Whats so exciting? We all knew Palp was in this and we all know he's a master manipulator. What was revealed that makes this look so promising? I'm not a LOTR guy either. I must be missing something. Help a brother out.

Reaction score
I'm with you, but then again, I'm not happy with most of Di$ney War$ (un)creative decisions.
What's with the abundance of $ ?

Are they not supposed to make money?

Anyway as far as what we can now perceive as Palpatine controlling (or possibly being) Snoke - it doesn't really jive with how Snoke was depicted in TLJ. If Rey is so important to Palpatine it really didn't show as Snoke seemed pretty intent on killing her. Then again the entire scenario, down to Snoke dying to further push Kylo, may have been by design. In the end I think it's just another example of TLJ not playing nice with others.

This whole thing really gives the original theory (going back to TFA) that Palpatine has been talking to Ren through the Vader helmet a ton of mileage.

Reaction score
Yeah, my excitement remains pretty tempered. If the movie follows the rest of the leaks (and it very likely does, considering everything we've seen)...meh.

Reaction score
What's with the abundance of $ ?

Are they not supposed to make money?

Anyway as far as what we can now perceive as Palpatine controlling (or possibly being) Snoke - it doesn't really jive with how Snoke was depicted in TLJ. If Rey is so important to Palpatine it really didn't show as Snoke seemed pretty intent on killing her. Then again the entire scenario, down to Snoke dying to further push Kylo, may have been by design. In the end I think it's just another example of TLJ not playing nice with others.

This whole thing really gives the original theory (going back to TFA) that Palpatine has been talking to Ren through the Vader helmet a ton of mileage.
Thats exactly what they're supposed do, make money. It's also a simple device to quickly show other board members how I feel about the handling of the franchise and it seems to have worked.

I still don't get the excitement to that teaser though. None of it was mind blowing or even somewhat cool. It still reeks of lazy to me.

Reaction score
Thats exactly what they're supposed do, make money. It's also a simple device to quickly show other board members how I feel about the handling of the franchise and it seems to have worked.

I still don't get the excitement to that teaser though. None of it was mind blowing or even somewhat cool. It still reeks of lazy to me.
It hasn't worked...

You seem to be in the minority - this trailer has really got people excited from what has been posted on Reddit, forum and YouTube comments erc

Reaction score
It hasn't worked...

You seem to be in the minority - this trailer has really got people excited from what has been posted on Reddit, forum and YouTube comments erc
I think you missed my point. Using $'s instead of S's is my way of denoting my distaste for Di$ney War$. I thought you picked up on that. Maybe not? Which I guess makes you right, I failed.

Anywho, I still dont get what the hype is regarding the trailer. The stuff I read about the story sounds like crap and the trailer doesn't show me anything different. Rather it just reinforces what I read. So the emperor has been pulling strings this whole time behind the scenes? Been there done that. Thanks for another the reboot JJ.

Reaction score
I think you missed my point. Using $'s instead of S's is my way of denoting my distaste for Di$ney War$. I thought you picked up on that. Maybe not? Which I guess makes you right, I failed.
So you think it's distasteful that Disney wants to make money on the enormous, multimedia pop culture franchise they paid $4 billion for?

Do you think that, before Disney came along, making money wasn't a priority for the Star Wars brand? It's been on cookie jars and bed sheets for over 40 years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So you think it's distasteful that Disney wants to make money on the enormous, multimedia pop culture franchise they paid $4 billion for?

Do you think that, before Disney came along, making money wasn't a priority for the Star Wars brand? It's been on cookie jars and bed sheets for over 40 years.
No my friend.

My distaste, displeasure, disdain, and distrust has nothing to do with Disney making money in and of itself. In fact, my retired parents own their stock. I hope they make money hand over fist.

I dispise them sacrificing a good story in an effort to make a quick cash grab. That they felt the need to put out a movie every year in search of the almighty dollar, instead of taking their time to make good movies.

I fully expected them to get theirs. What I didnt expect was the mediocre product they've been putting out. I would be perfectly fine if they did a half decent job with the franchise and made 4 trillion in the process. Instead we get Palpatine. Yeah Di$ney War$.

Reaction score
No my friend.

My distaste, displeasure, disdain, and distrust has nothing to do with Disney making money in and of itself. In fact, my retired parents own their stock. I hope they make money hand over fist.

I dispise them sacrificing a good story in an effort to make a quick cash grab. That they felt the need to put out a movie every year in search of the almighty dollar, instead of taking their time to make good movies.

I fully expected them to get theirs. What I didnt expect was the mediocre product they've been putting out. I would be perfectly fine if they did a half decent job with the franchise and made 4 trillion in the process. Instead we get Palpatine. Yeah Di$ney War$.
So it's fair to say that you're disappointed and disturbed by the disservice you feel Disney has displayed when it comes to distributing their Star Wars films? Maybe you just need some distance from the franchise for awhile to give your disproportionate disillusionment time to dissipate so you won't feel so disgruntled.

Reaction score
^^^
I'm pretty sure all the time in the world would not change my feelings on what Disney's already put out. They can still turn it around though. It just doesnt look like this last installment is going to do that for me.

If enough people I trust say it's good or I read some post release reviews that actually pique my interest, then maybe I'll watch it.

Reaction score
I'm getting serious Tyler Durden vibes here. "Oh, I get it. It's very clever. How's that working out for you?"

Reaction score
I mean, I've said this before, I'm not fully opposed to Palpatine returning as long as it's done right, I'm opposed to him just being literally alive. I'd hate that! And I even think the film may play it out, at first, as if he is...but by the climax you realize he wasn't really. I AGREE ENTIRELY that him being literally alive would undermine Vader's redemption and sacrifice. I don't think Palpatine's pseudo-living return would be bad, could even be epic, so long as, by the end, Anakin and other force spirits also help defeat him once and for all. Explain it as, Anakin defeated Palpatine in life. Now he must defeat him in death, for good. The Prophecy of the Chosen One was to bring balance to the force. What better way to tell that they now, both Palptine and Anakin ARE one with the force, in conflict, the LITERAL Dark and Light. On another plane of existence the battle takes place but through the influence of living beings like Rey and Kylo, relatives (to both parties) Palpatine attempted to corrupt as revenge on the Skywalker Legacy, Luke in particular. I think that would be profound. But I believe, with this reveal essentially saying either Snoke is a bunch of botched Palpatine clones or a possessed vessel (potentially both in one), as is implied the Vader helmet a sort of pseudo-Palintir from LOTR (for those not familiar, that's a seeing stone that the Dark Lord Sauron, a defeated and now incorporeal entity trying to regain a physical presence, corrupts people through)...that's huge. That leads me to believe he IS dead...just, like Sauron, undead. Just lingering, a shadow crafting machinations via the dark side in order to either revive himself into a corporeal entity or corrupt someone enough to ensure his goals will be met. I now believe that Ben Solo has always been an occasional vessel, always speaking of his conflicted nature. Who would be more conflicted than someone possessed but SO strong in the light they can occasionally keep it at bay? And who would want Skywalker blood? Who would want Luke Skywalker to suffer, particular through blood lineage? To make Luke APPEAR to be the reason his nephew fell? To make him so depressed the Jedi master abandons the Jedi order? And who would want to kill Han Solo, the impurity in Ben Solo, the non-Skywalker blood? Palpatine. I think things are adding up. And I think this is how it may play out. If so, it's completely mended me from TLJ angst. It's won me back, healed more of the flaws (you can't heal all like Canto Bight) from Episode 7, and won me back.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I dont get it? Whats so exciting? We all knew Palp was in this and we all know he's a master manipulator. What was revealed that makes this look so promising? I'm not a LOTR guy either. I must be missing something. Help a brother out.
Oh no brother, no problem. I get not everyone can get into LOTR. I'm a fan, so forgive my comparison. To explain, Moria is basically a giant dwarf hall filled with enormous statues and pillars that's literally within the heart of a mountain. Moria is technically a mine, though I don't think this Sith place is. I think it's more a temple. Also people are claiming to see Revan, Bane, etc in those statues, former Sith from Legends lore. But the visual is very akin to Moria.

Reaction score
I've been deceived by trailer before, so I'm not getting hyped for yet another bore-fest. If it turns out to be a good movie I'll enjoy it for what it is.

Reaction score
I'm excited by the trailer because Palpatine has always been one of my favorite characters. Believe it or not for some reason The Empire always seemed cooler then the Rebels to me even from an early age. Hence the TIE fighter I'm holding in my avatar from Christmas '95 lol. Is Palpatine coming back the most original or creative idea ever? No, not at all but for some reason it feels fitting in a way especially for the Skywalker Saga ending. Also this is just my opinion but I think it would be awesome if we had a twist like Rey became evil and was a descendant of Palpatine. Then Kylo broke out of his Palp influence and became the hero. Rey could then sacrifice herself like Vader did taking down Palpatine. Personally I like that better then oh yeah Kylo was always bad or Rey and Kylo team up together. Even though he's technically a Solo , The Skywalker name will rise or be redeemed once again due to Kylo turning to the light. Nothing groundbreaking here I know but we only have so many choices.

Reaction score
If Anakin is not in the movie...in physical form...its a waste. If you call the movie Rise of Skywalker and don't have THE Skywalker, the Chosen One, Hayden Christensen in it, then the movie sucks. no one in their right mind cares about Rey, Poe and Finn....terrible characters and besides that, they have ruined the prophecy with this movie. Vader/Anakin's redemption was for nothing.

Reaction score
If Anakin is not in the movie...in physical form...its a waste. If you call the movie Rise of Skywalker and don't have THE Skywalker, the Chosen One, Hayden Christensen in it, then the movie sucks. no one in their right mind cares about Rey, Poe and Finn....terrible characters and besides that, they have ruined the prophecy with this movie. Vader/Anakin's redemption was for nothing.
Lots of people in their right mind care about the new characters.

Reaction score
I recently heard a rumor that JJ confirmed the existence of a Clone Wars character in ROS. Who it is I don't know, staying spoiler free as I can.
But just because the character is from the Clone Wars, it doesn't mean their origin is from the show. Plenty of OT characters were in it as well.
So I am curious who it will be or if it's simply click bait material.

Reaction score
I recently heard a rumor that JJ confirmed the existence of a Clone Wars character in ROS. Who it is I don't know, staying spoiler free as I can.
But just because the character is from the Clone Wars, it doesn't mean their origin is from the show. Plenty of OT characters were in it as well.
So I am curious who it will be or if it's simply click bait material.
For what it's worth the actor or actress that portrayed "that" character was at the premier and was photographed.

Reaction score
Not excited for TROS, and this trailer does little to change that.

Shoving EU (the stuff Disney threw away like a used rubber) nods in needlessly reeks of attempts to pull back in those 40+ year fans Disney and the access media has been calling toxic for the past several years.

What's more, I can't get excited for the 3rd act of a narratively incoherent story that now MUST cram three movies worth of development down viewers throats because Ruin thought it would be cooler to "subvert expectations" rather than continue a decent, but hollow, story set up by JJ in TFA.

As stated above, bringing Palpatine back negates Anakin's entire redemption, and renders Luke's story pointless. Depending on who, defeats Palpatine in TROS (gee, I wonder who it could be??), it will also instantly make Yoda, Mace, and other Jedi Council members inferior Jedi.

The entire Disney Trilogy will be all but forgotten in ten years, and will never be as rewatchable as the OT. Disney Star Wars, unlike Lucas' Star Wars, is not "timeless," in fact, it is very dated because of its ham-fisted identity politics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^^

Agreed. So Rey is now the chosen one? Its one thing to make a bad story, its another level to change SW history because they couldnt come up with anything original. This is no longer the skywalker saga. It's the Palp saga.

Not sure about 10yrs from now though. I would think that any shine the ST has would wear off, but who knows? Maybe some folks will come to see how bad the story is and change their minds or maybe they will defend it to their grave. For those that are younger, they probably dont see the issues us old timers see and they will have fond memories of the ST regardless, like we do of the the OT (already seen this with my kids and the PT). Heck I still love KISS meets the Phantom of the Park. Its a horrible made for tv movie, but I loved it as a kid and still watch it as an adult.