Swedish Star Wars Poster does anyone know this?

Reaction score
I think some of the Swedish collectors could help.

Was this Poster only printed in Sweden or was it only for the Swedish Market?

The Material is a bit thicker than normal paper.

Any Info would be nice.

Reaction score
Re: Swedish Star Wars Poster does anyone know this

Thats a great piece Michael and quite rare. It was indeed for the Swedish market only and printed here. Scandecor was a big poster manufacturer at that time and made huge amounts of different posters, mostly pop idols but also some movie related. It was sold a retail and weren't in any way made for cinemas. Scandecor made two different motifs, this is the cooler one imo.

Mattias

Reaction score

Actually these posters were sold all over Europe as Scandecor was a leader on the poster market. There were four different posters. Most were available in two sizes. You have the small one there I think. They are around but nobody's interested in them so it makes them seem harder to find than they really are. I think they're just wonderful.

Reaction score

Arnaud said:
Actually these posters were sold all over Europe as Scandecor was a leader on the poster market. There were four different posters. Most were available in two sizes. You have the small one there I think. They are around but nobody's interested in them so it makes them seem harder to find than they really are. I think they're just wonderful.
Thats great info Arnaud, thanks! Since Scandecor was huge in Sweden at the time and is a Swedish/Norwegian company I assumed they were for the Swedish (and Nordic) market only.

I have only seen two posters in two different sizes (70x100 and 50x70 if my memory serves me correctly). Nice to hear 2 more are out there. I've been trying to add one for a long time but I've kept missing out on them when they been for sale. Like you say, they are neat but the interest is low which makes them much more difficult to find. And people probably dont think it's worth the effort to take pics and put them on an auction.

Mattias

Reaction score

Does any have any pics of the other SW posters that Scandecor produced. Just had a quick look on ebay and although they had some scandecor items none of them were SW related.

Would love to see what else is out there.

Steve

Reaction score

stevemac1976 said:
Does any have any pics of the other SW posters that Scandecor produced. Just had a quick look on ebay and although they had some scandecor items none of them were SW related.
Well, if you have done one search on ebay I guess they dont exist

I have never seen any of these on ebay during the 8+ years I've been searching and collecting Swedish related SW items. This poster is among the items I've been searching for that so long, and unfortunately I've missed out on them the few times they've been sold on various Swedish places.

Mattias

Reaction score

Have spent more time looking around the net and although there are many sites that mention the company and 2 posters that were made i cannot find any further reference to any others. Would love to see them so if anyone has any links.

Steve

Reaction score

this is the info I found...one of which is posted above..

2 original star wars posters 1) Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca - black background with sw logo and dogfight over the characters. 2) R2 D2 & C-3PO on tatooine poster, sw logo in background. Scandecor only ever made these two particular star wars new hope posters and are very rare

Reaction score

yodascorch said:
Scandecor only ever made these two particular star wars new hope posters and are very rare
Well, I have two more and I've had them for thirty years... Some people here are so funny!

Mathias, I don't know how you managed to not find any on ebay in eight years when I literally bought more than a hundred in the same period of time. I hope you're more lucky in the future. Or faster than I am. ;>)

Reaction score

do you have any photos..?

I was only relaying the info from the internet

Reaction score

yodascorch said:
I was only relaying the info from the internet
Access to internet there is in everyone's home... LEARN... how to use it they must... ;>)

Lex

Reaction score

That's a beautiful poster, I haven't seen one before.

Reaction score

Arnaud said:
Mathias, I don't know how you managed to not find any on ebay in eight years when I literally bought more than a hundred in the same period of time. I hope you're more lucky in the future. Or faster than I am. ;>)
He he. Well, probably because I haven't searched that hard on Ebay Europe pages
I didn't even know Scandecor made and exported posters to other countires. So my search have definitely been focsued on Swedish and Nordic places. I need to broaden my search and hopefully it will be easier for me to find them now

I actually found an old Swedish search list of mine (based upon the Archive, Tomarts and what I've seen) and I had only 3 different Scandecor posters there (the two mentioned plus one Ewoks cartoon with Wicket). Plus 7 other from Scanlite, some kind of subsidiary to Scandecor. In had totally fogotten about it. Would love to see "Arnaud's archive" some day too, so I can make my wanted list even longer

Mattias

Reaction score

Hi Michi,

great poster! Do you collect poster too or is it just a lucky find?

Cheers
Thorsten

Reaction score

there is one with vader too i found on google

Reaction score

Sorry to bump up this old thread. Just made quick search and
found this old thread.

I recently picked up a scandecor poster, didn´t check the
measures before I bought it and thought it was the standard
size (swedish), which I´m familiar with. But the posters measures around 34x49 (centimeters).

Michael do you remeber if the poster you found had the same
measures? Or anyone else.

Thanks in advance.

/Mike

Reaction score

I bought three back in 1978, all 27" x 39" and bought in tourist shops in Carnaby Street, London.

Scandecor # 1774 - "R2 D2 and C3PO" © 1977
This poster was printed back to front in error (look at R2 and you'll soon see!).

Scandecor # 1783 - "Star Wars" © 1977
Another classic image.

Scandecor # 1850 - "Space Battle" © 1977
Finally the "Space Battle" poster, that I nearly didn't buy because at the time I wasn't sure if I liked the fluorescent paint that had been used - love it now though! (In fact this one isn't even listed in the excellent Star Wars poster book; I think it's very rare, never seen it anywhere.)

I'd be very interested to see any more Scandecor images from other collectors.

Got to get these guys framed one day!

Dunk

Reaction score

Love the day-glo X-wing poster, and have been looking for that one for ages. Yes, we missed that (and another) Scandecor in the poster book (see below).

Here's a couple more images -- the Scandecor droids with the "pointy W" logo, as well as the uber-rare Vader poster, which I only have in my files as an old eBay listing. Can't remember who'd won it...

There were also several Scandecor posters from the UK for Empire (including Vader above): Luke in Dagobah cave, Yoda, ESB style "A" poster art with added characters. I've got these but haven't photographed them...

Pete

Reaction score

Thanks for posting these two - I guess the 'pointy W' came first. The Vader image I think I have as a magazine poster, but have never seen the Scandecor version - very 70s with the 'May the force' strapline emblazoned all over it. Fantastic!

Reaction score

Great stuff! Haven´t seen the Scandecor # 1850 - "Space Battle" © 1977 poster before. Really nice, more stuff to
look for
. Thanks!

Reaction score

Actually, I don't think I was aware of the "pointy W" variation on this poster -- I've got two examples of this poster, one from Sweden and one from UK, with both depicting the traditional "W". Looks like another poster to add to my "needs" list...

Pete

Dunk said:
I bought three back in 1978, all 27" x 39" and bought in tourist shops in Carnaby Street, London.

Another classic image.

Dunk

Reaction score
I'm selling the following posters:

Please message me if interested.

Reaction score
I was going over some posters today and spotted that, of course, the poster wasn't printed 'reversed' as I wrote ages ago, but R2, as a separate image, was reversed and then 'pasted' on to a solo photo of 3-PO!

This poster was printed back to front in error (look at R2 and you'll soon see!).