Swappers

Reaction score
This is starting to really get old, I understand Collecting is getting expensive for some. But there's no reason to be a ****** about it, especially when it impedes other Collector's ability to get them without a hassle! Can you imagine if you got all the way home before opening it, and home id more than an hour away?

And honestly, if $16 is going to set you back that much. Then maybe you shouldn't even be buying this stuff in the first place!

Luckily I know a the guy in Toy Dept., so I don't have to worry about these issues. But it can be a PITA for others for something like this to happen.
Not to mention it can ruin the chances of another Exclusive if this type of problem persists.

Reaction score
It's always amazed me that it's never happened on a large scale for vehicles. I mean surely some A hole tried getting a VC vehicle or something and replace the insides with a brick or something. Makes me glad I 'm an opener/ inspect all my purchases. Being a blind mint box collector would be too dodgy for me.

Totally agree with what's been said there. If £14/$16 is too much for you GTFO the game!

Reaction score
Complete list of everything that should ever be posted in this thread:

1. Photos of hilarious swaps
2. References to "Possk"

END

Reaction score
It's always amazed me that it's never happened on a large scale for vehicles. I mean surely some A hole tried getting a VC vehicle or something and replace the insides with a brick or something. Makes me glad I 'm an opener/ inspect all my purchases. Being a blind mint box collector would be too dodgy for me.

Totally agree with what's been said there. If £14/$16 is too much for you GTFO the game!

I wonder if swappers out there have bought a Vintage Collection x-wing or Millenium Falcon and swapped them out with the POTF2 versions and taken them back to the stores? :grin:

Reaction score
I wonder if swappers out there have bought a Vintage Collection x-wing or Millenium Falcon and swapped them out with the POTF2 versions and taken them back to the stores? :grin:
Undoubtedly this has happened. That's why you should always check the box for signs that it was tampered with and return it immediately if that happens. (Of course, TRU, etc. will likely just put it right back on the shelf for some other fool to get jipped on...)

Reaction score
It would be smarter for swappers to simply say the item is damaged than to try to return it as if everything is fine.

At Target, a damaged item is typically thrown away (exceptions for some electronics), and no one will ever know it was swapped. If they claim it is fine, and someone sees a pattern of returns that are a later pointed out to be switched items, they could track that person down. Depending on the store's assets protection team, that might actually happen. It would in my store.

I once had a guy try to return a $600 Sony camera with a $100 camera inside the box. The flaw in his plan was that we didn't actually sell that expensive model. Of course, someone once successfully returned a GoPro that was actually an old Sony DVD Handycam with a GoPro stickers on it.

Reaction score
Undoubtedly this has happened. That's why you should always check the box for signs that it was tampered with and return it immediately if that happens. (Of course, TRU, etc. will likely just put it right back on the shelf for some other fool to get jipped on...)
Different toy line same problem. My girl had bought a Marvel Legends for me last year at a Target. She got home and the BAF part was from a DCUC guy. Took it back to said Target, got a refund and the next time I went back there it was back on the shelf. Told the manager about it and he took it down but didn't really care about it.

Reaction score
Biggs looks so determined.
That pre-raid on the Death Star scene would have been that much more awesomer (yes, it's a word, I just made it up) if the pilots were sporting headbands and warpaint.

Reaction score
Biggs looks so determined.
That pre-raid on the Death Star scene would have been that much more awesomer (yes, it's a word, I just made it up) if the pilots were sporting headbands and warpaint.
Now I bet George Lucas will do another Special Edition with warpaint CGI'd in.

Reaction score
I'd never trade a Billy from Predator for Biggs from Star Wars!
Same here!
Just goes to show you, whoever is doing stuff like this is plain bonkers or a genius! Why anyone would use that HTF Exclusive figure to head swap a pegwarming figure, especially of one that's on it's 4th resculpt. Is beyond me!:confused:

GNT

Reaction score
I'll move this over to the Black series section now that we're starting to see Black Series swaps :p

Reaction score
Here's a swap I wasn't surprised to see. Actually, I'm surprised nobody else has posted this one yet. I expect we'll be seeing lots of these once Wave 2 shows up more widely at brick and mortar. Also, this was at a Target where they haven't gotten any Wave 2, as far as I know...

Reaction score
Here's a swap I wasn't surprised to see. Actually, I'm surprised nobody else has posted this one yet. I expect we'll be seeing lots of these once Wave 2 shows up more widely at brick and mortar. Also, this was at a Target where they haven't gotten any Wave 2, as far as I know...

I wish somebody would swap his name for one that doesn't make me cringe.

Reaction score
Here we go. First one I've ever seen in the wild.

I wonder if that was done by the store to 'fix' a figure whose cardbacks have fallen off? I remember back in '08, a ton of Halo figures got damaged in my local Game store, so they just fixed them best they could, putting them in mixmatch packaging and cardbacks to create whole figures again. I got a drone in jackal packaging, brute in drone packaging and a spartan with anothers cardback. Maybe something similar happened and the shop did the best they could.

Reaction score
I wonder if that was done by the store to 'fix' a figure whose cardbacks have fallen off? I remember back in '08, a ton of Halo figures got damaged in my local Game store, so they just fixed them best they could, putting them in mixmatch packaging and cardbacks to create whole figures again. I got a drone in jackal packaging, brute in drone packaging and a spartan with anothers cardback. Maybe something similar happened and the shop did the best they could.
Yes, there is a chance that is what happened. Now if they could put some Black Series on Saga Legends cards, I could get some discounts. :p

Reaction score
That PoC Spirit head is hilarious, and yes he's worth more than Biggs. I was lucky and scored him and Quick Kick when a case of TRU Joes showed up at Ross. O glorious day.

Reaction score
I am amazed that some people are just now seeing swapping for the first time. I remember seeing this in the late 90's when the cinema scenes were out. The first one I saw was an obi wan swapped for uncle Owen in purchase of the droids , along with steroid Luke and Athletic build C3po replacing the new sculpts respectively. I was more weirded out than anything else. I showed my girlfriend and she naively suggested it was maybe a factory error.