Swappers

Reaction score
I know this is not a swap, but I thought I would share this. Saw these today at Sears, my eyes literally popped out of my head. It brought me back to the old days. I can't believe someone actually brought these back to the store. Shenanigans!

Reaction score
I know this is not a swap, but I thought I would share this. Saw these today at Sears, my eyes literally popped out of my head. It brought me back to the old days. I can't believe someone actually brought these back to the store. Shenanigans!

Wait.......there's that DS Sandstorm Lando I've been looking for! And is that the new version of Garindan---awesome! And I knew Hasblo would go back and fix the RFT so he had a holster! :awesome:

Sad thing is, this is the type of sculpt that it seems Hasblo is moving more towards. It'd be really, really sad if we actually saw some of these in upcoming Battle Packs...:wtf:

Last edited:
Reaction score
^After seeing the new 3 packs and also seeing them place an actual POTF2 era Han on one of the recent battlepacks this has been a concern of mine too.

Reaction score
When you return something don't you usually show your license and it's recorded somehow in order to deter things like this from happening?

Reaction score
Some places do but I notice if you throw a big enough fit you can return anything to a store. I know because I worked at customer service at Target one summer. The bigger the *** hole the more likely they get what they want becasue everyone wants to get an *** hole away from them as soon as possible. Unfortunately it's the reason so many crooked politicians and CEOs run our country today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I worked at Sears as a sales manager and I know exactly how it happened. The Sears stock numbers (sears number) sometimes never disappear from the system, they just have a price of zero dollars, which can be over-ridden. Because the company is so scared of a customer calling the corporate complaint line called "Golden Opportunity", some hen-pecked manager took them back and was able to override the price, probably for what the sticker price is. When someone calls Golden opportunity and complains, corporate calls the store manager and makes them bend over backwards to appease the customer, even when they are totally wrong. It's ridiculous, but many a customer have gotten over on them because of that line and the fear of it being called.

Reaction score
Consumers have a lot of power. :hmm: We don't like a lot of things happening to the CW line. Oh man I was putting 2 & 2 together but I can't manage to. Some one want to help me out?

Reaction score

this actually might be a great wy to make money/get rid of the stuff we dont want. i have tons potf stuff thtas isnt wanted, or we can all go to a convention buy these for $1-$3 and just return them to a store for $5-$10 a pop. wonder if it would work for whole collections :)

Reaction score
I'm sure it is not the case, but isn't there a chance that they were found somewhere in the store? I found a 2002 Count Dooku at a Walmart 2 years ago under a base deck. If it is one of those Sears stores that has recently been updated, they could have been hidden. OR maybe by some strange chance they were lost in the stock room. Maybe even hiddedn in the stock room by an old employee years ago, who quit or got fired before he could buy them. Stranger things have happened. I know customers can get away with a lot of crap, but it would REALLY shock me if customer service took those back.

I used to work part time in retail, and when someone would come in for a return, we would look at EVERYTHING. I would check dates on packages, look for swapped items, and we took a stand on customers who tried to return S--T to us. We would flat out refuse them, then even go so far as to call the district manager before the customer could, explain everything to him, and he would back US up when they tried to file complaints!

Reaction score
Happens every now and then, but people still think these are some lost warehouse finds. Someone just covered up the barcode (which could be easy if you use the current TVC TPM figures that have the barcode sticker) and returned them. It's essentially the same as swapping since you're not returning the same product you purchased.

Reaction score
I used to work part time in retail, and when someone would come in for a return, we would look at EVERYTHING. I would check dates on packages, look for swapped items, and we took a stand on customers who tried to return S--T to us.
Sounds like you're the only one.
Have you seen any swaps in stores lately? You could probably stuff some old socks into a SW figure package and return it at Walmart nowadays.

Reaction score
When Woolworth's closed in 1993 they started bringing out old stock from the back... Dynamite magazines from 1977... some old toys. I kept checking in hopes some figures would creep out, but all I saw were some ROTJ Presto Majix and an Escape from the Sarlaac board game.

Reaction score
Will those figures actually ring up at the cash register? I know once a new # comes in, the old ones are usually deleted, right?

Reaction score
Will those figures actually ring up at the cash register? I know once a new # comes in, the old ones are usually deleted, right?
They will, since it's the only way they got entered/returned in the first place. The barcodes have been tampered with, so they no longer read like a POTF2 barcode.

Reaction score
I was thinking about this for a couple of days, we are talking about the end of this franchise in regards to swappers and technology.
if everyone who swapped, had a brain (which like with most criminals, DO not) You can buy glossy white sticker label sheets at officemax, scan the new barcodes, stick them on, and practically return any figure from any year.

Talk about a way to unload old worthless crap. If people really caught on to this, we'd all be in trouble.

Reaction score
I was thinking about this for a couple of days, we are talking about the end of this franchise in regards to swappers and technology.
if everyone who swapped, had a brain (which like with most criminals, DO not) You can buy glossy white sticker label sheets at officemax, scan the new barcodes, stick them on, and practically return any figure from any year.

Talk about a way to unload old worthless crap. If people really caught on to this, we'd all be in trouble.
I work for a printing company, and I've been training to become a programmer. Part of programming is creating barcodes and the logic behind them. It is really basic stuff too. Imagine the fun I could have. lol. I would never do it, I'm not that type of person.

Reaction score
People were doing this back in 2000 when EP1 figures were on massive clearence everywhere for $2. They were used to get the newer POTJ figures which were $7-$8 each for $2. It's a 12 year old trick and the line survived it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Happens every now and then, but people still think these are some lost warehouse finds. Someone just covered up the barcode (which could be easy if you use the current TVC TPM figures that have the barcode sticker) and returned them. It's essentially the same as swapping since you're not returning the same product you purchased.
AHH! Great point. I never even thought of the sticker with the barcode. That is probably how they did it.

Reaction score
Sounds like you're the only one.
Have you seen any swaps in stores lately? You could probably stuff some old socks into a SW figure package and return it at Walmart nowadays.
I really never see any here in Maine. Not saying it does not happen, but nothing I have seen.

Reaction score
I've seen many swaps in my day but this one takes the cake. The person wasn't even careful when they ripped the bubble off the card. Some people have real stones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The store I work at someone returned a cd with a huge yellow best buy price sticker on the front. How does guest service not see that? For swapping TVC, what are some signs with the bubble to tell? I mean it can't be perfect anymore can it? Or I would thing the picture would be ripped on the edge of the bubble

Reaction score
I've seen many swaps in my day but this one takes the cake. The person wasn't even careful when they ripped the bubble off the card. Some people have real stones.

She's got a little fish-eye action going so not really too big of a stretch here...

Reaction score
One time when I was at TJ Maxx I saw a bossk figure from the clone wars Boba Fett slave one ship packaged inside the G.I. Joe vehicle set, who would trade out an exclusive figure like that??? Strange!!!

Reaction score
The store I work at someone returned a cd with a huge yellow best buy price sticker on the front. How does guest service not see that? For swapping TVC, what are some signs with the bubble to tell? I mean it can't be perfect anymore can it? Or I would thing the picture would be ripped on the edge of the bubble
Some of the swaps I've seen have been done masterfully. You can't tell the card has been tampered with in any way. Not so in this case, the big rip between the bubble and Maul sticker was a real giveaway. As if the Padme on a Mon Cal card wasn't clue enough.

I'm wondering who the bigger tool is in this case. The swapper or the fool that accepted the return.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought two Battle of Endor 2 of 2's a while back on sale at TRU. Someone swapped a r5-p9 legless body for the r2-t7 in one. My bad for not noticing.

Reaction score
Finally found the Royal starship droids pack I was looking for, but didn't have enough money to buy it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now THIS is the kind of variant I can go for. You don't even have to remove R2-B1's head to find it. Oh wait...where's R2-B1?

Finally found the Royal starship droids pack I was looking for, but didn't enough money to buy it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
People were doing this back in 2000 when EP1 figures were on massive clearence everywhere for $2. They were used to get the newer POTJ figures which were $7-$8 each for $2. It's a 12 year old trick and the line survived it.
Think how embarrassing it would be for the 45 year old dirtbag to be bailed out of the joint by his 65 year old mamma. I swear this **** is so stupid. Is saving $8 on a toy really worth potential imprisonment?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good point. It's not, but some people have decided it's better to do this than to actually have to pay for a toy. Some of these swaps are just hillarious, but it's too bad that stuff like this ends up sitting on the shelf and taking up space.