Swamp Speeder

GNT

Reaction score
A picture of what seems to be a prototype Swamp Speeder has popped up online and no doubt it'll be released in the Clone Wars line.

Top View

Thoughts on seeing the Swamp Speeder?

Reaction score
I'm all over this one. Been wanting one of these for the past couple of years now. Always liked the design, and it's something different since we don't see too many water based vehicles.

Reaction score
I didn't know about it until I saw the thread. Caught me by surprise. Looking forward to seeing some pics of it painted.

GNT

Reaction score
Didn't see this one coming but can't wait to see better detailed pictures.

Dom

Reaction score
This one I just don`t get. I don`t even really remeber it on screen.

Reaction score
Dom said:
The Battle of Kashyyyk, Revenge of the Sith.

I for one am looking forward to this, I've always wanted a Swamp Speeder!

Reaction score
501st_Commander said:
Dom said:

I believe it was also in the brief Felucia scene in ROTS.

Reaction score
This looks to be cool. Since it's a clone wars vehicle, I'm sure we'll see this multiple times with multiple repaints. Should make it easy to get.

Reaction score
501st_Commander said:
Dom said:

so why is this in the clone wars section? should it be with the others since its a movie ship and not a cartoon one?

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
so why is this in the clone wars section? should it be with the others since its a movie ship and not a cartoon one?
Since it's a Clone Wars-era vehicle, it'll be easier to market as part of the Clone Wars line. Quite a few movie vehicles have been made under the CW banner, despite not actually appearing on the show.

Reaction score
Dom said:
I don't get it either - a disc with a couple of seats and big guns. Like I said in the rumors thread, good for GI Joe but not up to the usual Star Wars standards. Surprsised that they didn't turn out a nifty airspeeder variant or at least provide some cover for those poor troopers.

That said, I'll probably still pick one up on sale.

Reaction score
This looks cool, i'd definately will buy this if released. I hope it will appear in a CW episode.

Reaction score
Its one I'd consider... then end up buying after the three seconds of consideration I did...

Reaction score
I've wanted one ever since I saw it on screen, but heck five years later should have struck while the ROTS iron was hot on this one! Unless it has screen time on TCW I'm not sure if many will know what this even is. I'll get a couple always like support craft!

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this vehicle from Empire at War. It is the main anti-personnel ground vehicle of the pirate factions.

I will likely pass on this.

Reaction score
Wow. Apart from the flying Wookie Catamaran and Yoda's Escape Pod we got the Battle of Kashyyyk covered.

I'm a little undecided about the Swamp Speeder, though. I'll wait and see until I some nice pics with figures piloting it are posted.

G

Tyrannusspotting said:
Wow. Apart from the flying Wookie Catamaran and Yoda's Escape Pod we got the Battle of Kashyyyk covered.

I'm a little undecided about the Swamp Speeder, though. I'll wait and see until I some nice pics with figures piloting it are posted.
Your missing just one, the droid troop carrier. You can see a few of those attacking the beach with tons of troops on the back.

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out the Droid Troop Carriers appearing in ROTS, wiiwhitey. I can't recall ever noticing them before.

Though, maybe Hasbro could release this as part of a two in one with a MTT and have the Droid holder detachable so it could be mounted atop the Carrier, which would be stored in the MTT as well.

Reaction score
i wish the lucasfilm designer for this vehicle took a cue from the snowspeeder with its angular planes, im not a fan of its curves. im liking the open cockpit with the harness though. overall, the design just doesn't work out for me.

Reaction score
Awesome, the more republic ground vehicles, the better. My separatists kind of overpower them right now.

Reaction score
I'll take one of these please. It will be nice to add this to the vehicle collection!

Reaction score
Masterfett said:
I've wanted one ever since I saw it on screen, but heck five years later should have struck while the ROTS iron was hot on this one! Unless it has screen time on TCW I'm not sure if many will know what this even is. I'll get a couple always like support craft!
I don't think that really matters for Clone Wars vehicles. If there is a clone on the front of the box then the kids will pick it up for their troopers. That is why Clone's and the Clone Wars line in general is doing so well.

It looks pritty good, however I don't like the plastic seat belts. I'll pick one up.

Reaction score
I've been waiting a while for this, but I doubted Hasbro would make it considering how minor it is.

GNT

Reaction score
It's looking really good so far and a really useful vehicle for the clones.