SW Posters

G

I have a few old SW posters. This one looks like the oldest. It is by Hildebrandt. Its not in the best of shape, but it looks good in a cheap frame. Anyone know the history on this particular poster. Ill post the others when I get more frames. What do you think of the one? Thanks

G

Thanks Flarida, Ive had this forever. Im no poster pro so Im not up on these things, I just think they look so cool.

Reaction score
I have this one:

But mine looks like some used it for toilet paper. Its cool cause it advertises the trailer for Revenge of the Jedi on the bottom right hand corner of the poster.

I always wanted to get into collecting the posters but it seems very hard not to get ripped off.

Like the Theatrical Episode One posters Lucasfilm sells aren't even theatrical because its one sided and the newer posters are double sided to look with the light behind them. I don't belive they did this back during the og trilogy.

-Jason W. Ward

Reaction score
>Like the Theatrical Episode One posters Lucasfilm sells aren't even theatrical because its one sided and the newer posters are double sided to look with the light behind them. I don't belive they did this back during the og trilogy.<

I believe both kinds are still used theatrically.

-Vic.

G

Yes I believe both are still used as well... the ds versions seem to be more 'collectible' (i.e. fetch more on the market), but I'm fairly sure both are still used in theaters, so both are considered 'theatrical' posters.

G

I live in Toronto and went to this store that only sells movie posters, anyways I went about 9 months after ESP 1 and wanted to get the poster to match my SW, ESB, ROTJ and the same in special edition. I was told I could only buy ESP 1 in the basic poster size for like $10 or so, and that if I wanted the movie size one (like my other ones) I'd have to pay $95 because George Lucas won't allow reprints of that films poster. Is this right? Has anyone heard of this?

Reaction score
The deal is that the "real" theatrical posters for Episode I were only officially available two ways, so far as I'm aware: through Fox to theaters, and through the Fan Club to consumers. (The double-sided posters were *only* available to theaters).

There were less-expensive, non-theatrical versions produced - I think they were by Portal - that aren't the same size or quality. (This may be what the guy was talking about.)

If you want the theatrical version of the Ep II preview poster, I suggest you buy it from the Fan Club right now; otherwise, you'll have to pay for it on the secondary market.

-Vic.

G

unless of course you live outside the US.

ebay is my only chance as the fan club doesn't deal with anyone outside north america

Reaction score
I personally love the posters. I only have a few authentic ones. My ultimate goal is to get them all drymounted and framed but it's pretty expesive per poster to get a quality frame.

My collecting goal is the obtain an authentic 'revenge' teaser. I remember seeing them for sale in the fan club when I was 12 for about $10. I wanted to get one but $10 was alot of money to a 12 year old who had no money. Now I'll have to pay about 50x that much

Reaction score
Chewbacca99 I have that poster also.
I have several framed and I know I have pictures somewhere so I will dig them out and scan them (I just got a scanner on Black Friday and have been scanning everything in sight
) and post them later.
My favorite one is Queen Amidala from KFC. It's really not a poster but was a window display, the manager was extra careful in taking it down and saving it for me. Then the frame shop did a wonderful job on the custom frame. They did have to cut it a little bit though due to a tear but it's still a gorgeous item.

G

neato. your amidala poster sounds cool jadesfire,I'd love to see a pic

Reaction score
I have a few Star Wars movie posters. One is an "authentic original" poster that I bought around 1995 for $75. I've never had that one authenticated.

I also bought the Hildebrant Bros. 20th(?) anniversary poster, signed and numbered, from QVC a few years ago.

When Episode I came out I bought copies of the teaser poster, the teaser banner, and the regular poster through the Fan Club. I was also fortunate enough to get a two-sided poster from a theater.

Finally, I have original theatrical "insert posters," which measure 14" x 36", for Star Wars, Empire and Jedi. They are framed and hanging above my sofa.

Reaction score
OK, I have posted my Queen Amidala poster and part of my ROTJ one (it's a photo of me and the poster is behind me)on my web page.
I know I have better photo's but I can't find them right now.
I also hope I can put this link down so you can see my posters. If I wasn't suppose to, I apologize to the Mod's in advance but I have no clue how to get the pictures of the posters here.
http://103558627.home.icq.com

Then just click on my photo page and scroll down a bit.

Reaction score
Chewbacca99, here's the originals to your poster.

Starbeanie

Note to Ron. My old server died. This is a reliable server if you still want to download the pics for the Archive. The last link I sent you was to my horrible geocities site.

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: starbeanie ]

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: starbeanie ]