SW Patch Collectors?

Reaction score
As some of you already know, I am not only the one and only handsome ElvisTrooper guy but I am also a collector as well. And one of my big focuses is SW patches, of all types. From all those great Vintage patches to ILM and LFL patches, Scout and Military patches with some type of SW reference, SW fan clubs, and all those great knock-offs too.

http://www.elvistrooper.com/patch.htm

If you are interested in this focus to any degree, feel free to join my Yahoo Mail group that I finally just got up and going. As it had been an idea of mine for a while but finally found a few others that were interested in this as well. Basically the group would be for others and myself to post tips and info when they come across a new vendor or hear of new patches being made and where or how to go about adding them to your collection if you like. And patch trading and selling of course.

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/StarWarsPatches/

For those few of you here that are 501st and are into patches, you already know that we have a great message board for trading and exchanging info on 501st patches amongst other members. But as stated that is for members only and is mostly dedicated to 501st patches, which are great and will in no time out number officially licensed SW patches. So, I wanted to just start small and test out a mail group first to see who all is out there and what we might be able to do with this group. If it get cluttered or too big then who knows, I might ask for some room here on the RS forum.

As an example of what they group might be, I know where you can buy this SW Boy Scout patch and the others like it in the set if you were interested in it, but they are not cheap. Which BTW, is one of the most detailed patches I have ever seen, it used the most amount of thread color I have ever seen and looks much better in person actually.

Feel free to join the Yahoo group if you like, and please tell me your RS screen name as a hint to who you are.

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/StarWarsPatches/

Reaction score
Ken,

Very cool collection. Here is one my favorite patches in my collection.

CIII Patch Proof

I managed to score this at a summer social for DCSWCC. Only fifteen were made, so they not easy to find..

Reaction score
Right you are, I learned of that patch while at CIII and even asked about it there and there was no way to get one at that time. But a few months later I got lucky on eBay, well the auction said it was run by DCSSCC and the money was for charity, so I was happy to help out.

BTW, are you part of the DCSWCC? As they have made a few patches over the last few years and there are still a few I am searching for, so let me know if you are anyone else can help me out. Thankyaverymuch.

HWR

Reaction score
Very cool patch collection Ken.

Most of the 501st patches are quite cool, love the Nordic Garrison one (ok I know most of those NG guys from conventions in Denmark and Sweden).

Reaction score
It's great to see a all those patches in one place like that. Great collection and fantastic site... makes me want to start my own patch collection.

I have one SW patch. I love my SW patch. The very first SW collectible I purchased back in 1977. Apparently these were sold by 'Factors' in the US. But this one was sold in Canada under the name 'Folio'. The ziploc baggie and backing board are the original retail packaging. Not sure if they sold in the US in the same sort of packaging or not.

Reaction score
Fun thread. Most of my vintage patches I got from the SW Fan Club in the early 80's, my favorite being the ESB Vader in Flames patch used by the ESB crew. I'll have to take a pic of them sometime.

Reaction score
Leif_G, thanks for posting that photo and the info. As I just learned something new about patches that came out in Canada, very cool that you still have it in the bag. And yes, int he US it was made by Factors and came on a small blister card, from what I have come across.

DarthCitrix, please do post some pics when you can. I'd love to see pics of any and all patches people might have. Adn that ESB with Vader in flames is a great patch. So great in fact that it is one of the most reproduced patches that I have come across so far.

For the original crew patch:

To the Fan Club reproduction of this patch:

To a bad bootleg of that patch:

(I dig that weird angle at the top left.)

To a newer licensed version of that patch:

And then a bunch of good and bad bootlegs:

I love this last one as it looks like it was bootleg from a photo of the licensed patch while it was laying on a table and the photo was taken at an angle. This is an actual scan of it laying flat but looks like it is from an angled perspective.

I have 11 examples of that patch so far and would love to find more.

James_Gallo

Reaction score
Great stuff and I am really impressed with some of the patches I have seen lately. The Celebration 4 patches were awesome from the PA and DC clubs. I picked up a few odd odds and a lot of the fan club ones over the years.

How do you store them?

James G

Reaction score
James_Gallo said:
Great stuff and I am really impressed with some of the patches I have seen lately. The Celebration 4 patches were awesome from the PA and DC clubs. I picked up a few odd odds and a lot of the fan club ones over the years.

How do you store them?

James G

Thanks man and yes, SW club patches are great and some times very hard to find depending on the size of the club and the run size. I plan to separate all of the club patches I have now in my general SW section, into a new section as soon as I can. And would love to see anything else you or anyone might have that I have not seen yet.

As for storage, that is one of the reason I stopped collecting modern figures, I ran out of room. But patches store very easy in anything you might have. Any type of drawer you might have available or plastic tote of any kind. Right now the bulk of my collection is in one of those tall stand up plastic drawer organizers. I recently just started dividing them all up into categories a little better. And I an now testing out putting the patches in 3-ring binders with those clear card holder sheets and photo pages. The patches rage in size so much that it's hard to find a divided page that fits perfect for all the sizes.

And while I am here today, I wanted to post one of my favorite recent patch finds. It's from my SW military section and one from the Navy's Star Warriors group.

Reaction score
I think James asked about displaying the Patches. I actually found a cheap double matted frame at Michaels for less than $10 (they had a sale on framed art). It actually had a pic of a flower in the middle that the patch fit over quite nicely, a perfect fit. For some reason the framed stuff is sometimes much cheaper than just the frames. You can always remove whatever is framed, or place something over it.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v212/bobafett14/?action=view&current=PSWCSCIIIpatch.jpg

Then I take the frame around to our events and have the memebrs sign it. Just an idea.

Reaction score
Kenny, WOW....that is some patch collection....I have my small collection in frames, not hung up yet....but framed.

I was thinking how they could be displayed...all of yours, but I am drawing a blank...either way..great collection

Reaction score
Is this yahoo group still active? Met a lot of other patch collectors at cvi and I'm sure there would be a lot of interest.

Reaction score
I actually had a question for your patch folk.

Did you all participate in Boy Scouts as a kid? I was wondering if that was part of the nostalgia.

Reaction score
I posted this pic in the CVI give away thread, but this seems like an appropriate place to re post. This is most of my patch collection. I have the CV Boba Fett collector club set and the Rebelscum OPX set. I can add pics of those later.

Reaction score
I started patch collecting about three years ago. I don't have a lot, probably around 25 or so, counting sets altogther as one patch, but am always looking out for more. They are hard to come by in my area it seems since I am not an Rl or 501st member. But am always willing to trade

Reaction score
I posted this pic in the CVI give away thread, but this seems like an appropriate place to re post. This is most of my patch collection. I have the CV Boba Fett collector club set and the Rebelscum OPX set. I can add pics of those later.

I'd like to frame my patches as well. How did you mount the patches and what are the mounted on?

Reaction score
Here are my patches. The Death Star C6 multi fan group patch is uncut.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd like to frame my patches as well. How did you mount the patches and what are the mounted on?
I don't do anything special to mount them. I use the really cheap frames at Walmart. The ones where the glass just snaps into the front of the frame. Nine out of ten patches will stay right in place. The few that do slide around, I used a couple thin pieces of foam on the back side.

Reaction score
Can we trade on here? I have an extra OSWCC (Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club) patch from 2010 I'd be willing to trade. PM me. Size is 2.25" by 4"

Reaction score
Lots of places! Google custom patches.

I think we used patches4less last time. If you want dyed pateches (usually a little cheaper), I use colorpatch.com.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I don't draw that good. Can they help with that?

Reaction score
There are some that can, but a lot require artwork ready-to-print. It will cost more if you need artwork.

Some do have templates that you can make your own, but you need some kind of artwork or graphic

Reaction score
Hey Guys hope this is in the right spot. I went to CVI and had a ton of fun trying to collect the patches. Unfortunately I did not finish my Death star club patch and I am need of the Sandtroopers.com patch.

Please if anyone can help me Please PM me. Its the only one I need and I would really like to finish this really cool Patch.

Also if I am in the wrong thread sorry and please let me know where I can post.

Reaction score
Amazing collection! I particularly like the Misfits-inspired 'Fetts' patch.

I've been looking for Rebel/Imperial patches in a khaki colour (something akin to the battle on Endor), without really knowing if they even exist. If you know of anyone or anywhere selling them, I'd love a link!

Reaction score
I've seen some khaki patches with a stormtrooper helmet on it at some airsoft/paintball supply stores. Maybe check those online

Reaction score
Thought I'd throw this out. Looking for any and all CE2 patches, as well as the CVI logo patch from Orlando.

Reaction score
I'll resurrect this thread! I'm not with the group, but I have a few of these big 14" 501st Legion Banner patches that I'm looking to get rid of. PM for the details!

Reaction score
Right you are, I learned of that patch while at CIII and even asked about it there and there was no way to get one at that time. But a few months later I got lucky on eBay, well the auction said it was run by DCSSCC and the money was for charity, so I was happy to help out.

BTW, are you part of the DCSWCC? As they have made a few patches over the last few years and there are still a few I am searching for, so let me know if you are anyone else can help me out. Thankyaverymuch.
I just came across this patch in my collection. If anyone is interested in it, please send me message