SW Ep VIII Ships & Vehicles **SPOILERS**

Reaction score
As rumours are beginning to drift out for Ep VIII's ships and vehicles, I reckon it's time this subject got its own thread. Thanks to TomRen in teh Micromachines thread for the first piece of breaking news on this subject. :)

Ok so I have some big news!!!!!! One of the new ship designs from episode 8 has been revealed!!!! While this is isn't revealing anything about the film, it is technically a spoiler, so consider yourself warned before reading on!
Ok, so we have a pretty legit looking leak that Kylo Ren will have his own personal Tie Fighter, just like Darth Vader's. Personally, I'm thrilled! Also, if it's Kylo Ren's ship, it's pretty much Guaranteed that we'll get it in Micro Machine form, so long as the line survives to that point.
Have a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7maJRMsAKV4

Reaction score
Saw this pic purported to be taken on the Ep VIII set... but I have very strong doubts. That alien is particularly amateurish, methinks.

This pic shows my favourite fan theory re: the true identity of Snoke. :)

Reaction score
The alien doesn't look so bad, but it does seem a bit off to me. The outfits are too Earth-like. Star Wars costumes are usually grounded, but throw in a funny looking stripe or buckle to make it authentic.

Also, I think the guy in the car is Doctor Who? I don't watch the show, but I think that's what he looks like.

Reaction score
Looks like we will be getting a new walker in episode 8. It's being called a Gorilla walker or Heavy Assault Walker. It's going to be twice as big as an ATAT! I'm surprised that we never saw the walkers from TFA in action.

Reaction score
Wasn't there one of those in Galactic Battlegrounds ?

Reaction score
Well, an F-22 isn't that much different from an F-15. How long have they been in service? 30, 40 years?

Reaction score
Hi Peeps!

Enjoyed the teaser, and love the look of the new, not-as-of-yet-seen starships seen in the resistance fleet! Those got me excited (admittedly, they looked like a L-Shaped mash-up of a Nebulon-B, a concept Millennium Falcon front, and the ball-turret of a Clone trooper gunship slung underneath - however, they were new and they looked SWsy, and I really want a diecast of this ship!) :D

The ships seen skimming across the salt-flat(?) planet surface, kicking up red dust / mineral are also very intriguing, in a B-Wing meets Pod-racer kinda way...

Reaction score
I like the "skimmers" too SM. They remind me of something but I can't think what ?

Reaction score
Sorry for second post, but I've meaning to show people this and it's kinda connected. It's probably not what I had in mind when I saw the "skimmers" but back in 1997, during a 20th anniversary documentary, an early maquette of Sebulba's pod was spotted. It was a back end shot but lots of fans at the time ran with the image and extrapulated it to be some retro fighter design. Here's a pic

Not really relevant, but interesting nontheless

Reaction score
You can spot these a couple of times in the trailer, both in the hangar shot and space battle.
I think that from the few scenes seen in the recent trailer of episode 8 and from the few news in worth we can already risk some hypotheses on the first wave of MM in exit in September (because unfortunately the first line already founds entirely on the trailer scenes sights and they will hardly disclose other):

One name I feel secure is Battle on Crait. I think that seeing the next trailer we will have the name of the second big set and the other new spaceships/figures (Finn in FO officer outfit).

For now I think we will see:

First Order walker
Resistance B wing
Resistance salt-speeder (skimmers)
FO mega-Destroyer
(plus the usual FO Tie fighter and Resistance X-wing)

Rey with lightsaber
Luke
Captain Phasma with staff
Poe Dameron figure
FO trooper on Crait (snowtrooper?)

I think that is possible to see other set based on TFA (hope to have more FO stormtroopers), Rogue One and Rebels, and it would be interesting to see a Battlefront II set).

What do you think about?

Reaction score
Love the new teaser trailer because it doesn't give away much!

Yep, not much shown in the way of ships but a few looked interesting, especially those skimmers and Nebulon-ish picket ships. Looks like there are nu-AT-ATs, too.
Like DW, I hope we see some radical new designs instead of just updating earlier designs. SW is a big sandbox: we can handle it!

Reaction score
Can't discern any of the new "Gorilla Walkers" from these scenes but no doubt it's going to be a corker of a sequence :D

The space battle image has a similar feel to the McQuarrie concept art for the battle of Endor. I'm loving it

Reaction score
The only thing that would get me more excited than the Spring 2018 return of The Vintage Collection would be the return of the Action Fleet line.
Even if it were a limited one year celebration.
I think something simple would work, like:
- 2 New AF vehicles from each film
- 2 New AF figure/vehicle Battle Packs
Maybe an exclusive Rebels and Clone Wars set could be produced?
There are still OT vehicles left that were not produced during the original run.
Just imagine...

RotS: Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyperspace Ring including Obi-Wan & Astromech.

ESB: Medical Frigate including 2-1B & Luke Skywalker

TFA: Kylo Ren's Shuttle including Kylo Ren & FO Stormtrooper

RO: U-Wing Starfighter including Cassian Andor & K-2SO

Just a sample, but the appeal would be huge!

Reaction score
Battle Packs samples:

AotC: Coruscant Speeder including Anakin & Obi-Wan

ANH: Yavin Transport Speeder including Rebel Driver & General Dodonna

TFA: Rey's Jakku Speeder including Rey, BB-8 & Teedo

RO: Imperial Hovertank including Hovertank Driver & Moroff.

Reaction score
New ship for the 3.75 TLJ line, the Resistance Ski Speeder. Pretty heavily based on the B-Wing, I'd say.

Reaction score
Thanking you DD - it's very B-Wing isn't it. Sits well in the design ethos of the resistance troop ship and bomber

Reaction score
I've put these pics on this thread to spare the non-spoiled from spoilerfication but really 3 of these pics should be in the Hotwheels thread, Anyhow, lots of early pics of ships starting to pop up

Kylo's TIE Silencer in package

The Ski Speeder thingy

The Resistance Bomber

Plus there's the Episode 8 A-Wing in what I think is a very attractive colour scheme which I hope we get to see in small ship form

And what I can only describe as a flying TV mast, the Canto Bight Police Speeder

Hope all these pics aren't too small for you. I'm sure better ones are around the corner

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Boris! :D These get me very excited for TLJ!

Gotta say, I'm most intrigued with the Canto Bight Police Speeder!

Need to see more pics of this in action!

Reaction score
Thank you Saddest. There's some debate as you whether it's in the film or another Hasbro creation. We shall see, but the more ships the better

Reaction score
Will Disney be doing a decent die cast of Kylo's new Tie Fighter just like the TFA special forces Ties? Been looking around but no sign of one yet.

Reaction score
Thank you Saddest. There's some debate as you whether it's in the film or another Hasbro creation. We shall see, but the more ships the better
We know the answer to this, now. You have likely seen this already, Boris, but just in case, here's an image from the recent EW coverage that shows the Canto Bight Police Speeders in a frame from the film. :)

Reaction score
First Order Dreadnought looks sweet!! Already want an Armada mini, although I guess it won't be that mini

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Boris!

I like the
  Spoiler:  
look of the Dreadnought, although the big gun underneath jars somewhat with the rest of the design, perhaps due to its size in relation to the rather flattened hull of the starship (it seems somewhat too large a cannon in proportion to the rest of the ship). Otherwise, pretty good I reckon!

I would pickup the dreadnought in a heartbeat, if it becomes realised as a diecast!

:)

Reaction score
Cheers Boris. :) Someone pulled some screencaps y'day; not gonna hide 'em as the thread warns of spoilers. :)

Dreadnought's cool but I'm not overwhelmed by the cannon, either. Interesting to note the "gorilla walker" is called an AT-M6, huh? Dunno why...

Reaction score
Apparently the M6 stands for Multicaliber 6 and refers to the shoulder mounted gun. It looks more sabretooth tiger to me than gorilla

Reaction score
Oh cool, cheers for the info, Boris. I haven't actually watched the vid!

I thought it looked more like they stuck a Cylon's head on it. :)

Reaction score
Now you mention it.....

Here's a question. Toy Run facebook group have put up this comparison pic of the Rebels A Wing and Ep 8 A Wing. There's quite a difference, which had me wondering if the new version is alot larger that the OT one, or did Hasbro just reduce the size of the Rebels iteration to lower costs ?