Supreme Leader Snoke - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
Since Disney have plans for more Anthology movies they can always incorporate Snoke into the Rogue One, Han Solo or any other movie set in the Ot area.

Reaction score
The way I see it, if the new big bad is going to be more powerful than even Palpatine in the third trilogy of the saga, have an impact on the fate of the Skywalker lineage, without forgetting the fact he's supposedly incredibly, ridiculously old and comes out of "somewhere" with enough resources at his disposal to lead a new empire, then he is better off being an established character. Why introduce someone new at this late stage of the game? If he's not related to ancient jedi or sith, or having something to do with the sorcery or alchemy within the story, of the kind that created Anakin for example? The hints in the dialogue about studying all aspects of the force, creating life etc, won't really go anywhere. Surely the masterstroke will be how he is introduced or revealed. It's not like he's going to just be some imperial guard who stole a holocron and went rogue. He's of superior force power and intellect than Sidious and Vader and he's stepping up to the mantle to finally show the galaxy his cajones.

Reaction score
I still don't get the whole "Snoke HAS TO BE SOMEONE" attitude everyone has. I think the ultimate surprise would be...he's just a brand new character. A total red herring. Attached to...no one. And truthfully? I think that's best for the plot. If or when we discover who or what Snoke's background is, I can't help but find a big DUN DUN DUN "I'm actually...*insert everyone from Palpatine to Jar Jar to Gollum to my cat here*" would be rather cliche and corny. I PREFER him being a new character, personally.
I totally, totally agree with all of this.

Reaction score
I agree as well. Every time a new character ends up related or connected to an old character, the galaxy shrinks a little more.

Reaction score
This might be a stretch, but what is Snoke is Darth Revan? There is, IMO, a fair amount of circumstancial evidence: similarities between his mask and Kylo's, the Kylo's lightsaber-Malachor-Revan connection, the fact that he was so close to being featured in Filoni's TCW, the fact that Hasbro is making a 6" figure in spite of Lucasfilm/Disney putting the ax down on EU figures, Revan's age (he's old enough to have seen the rise and fall of the Republic and the Empire), Revan's struggles with the light and dark sides of the Force just like Kylo, Ren=Revan as much as Kylo=sKYwalker soLO. It could be a cool way to give a shout out to the hardcore fans while at the same time essentially being introduced as a new character. IDK, it's an idea, and it could be really cool if done right. Thoughts?

Reaction score
This might be a stretch, but what is Snoke is Darth Revan? There is, IMO, a fair amount of circumstancial evidence: similarities between his mask and Kylo's, the Kylo's lightsaber-Malachor-Revan connection, the fact that he was so close to being featured in Filoni's TCW, the fact that Hasbro is making a 6" figure in spite of Lucasfilm/Disney putting the ax down on EU figures, Revan's age (he's old enough to have seen the rise and fall of the Republic and the Empire), Revan's struggles with the light and dark sides of the Force just like Kylo, Ren=Revan as much as Kylo=sKYwalker soLO. It could be a cool way to give a shout out to the hardcore fans while at the same time essentially being introduced as a new character. IDK, it's an idea, and it could be really cool if done right. Thoughts?
What is similar between the mask of Revan and the mask of Kylo Ren? I would be all for Disney finding a way to bring Revan (or some sort of version of Revan; SWTOR really butchered the character) into the canon fold but I don't see it happening within the Snoke/Ren storyline.

Reaction score
I just think the masks have certain visual similarities, nothing "official" or established. It was just a theory to toy around with.

Reaction score
BTW, I don't necessarily believe this is true, but it wouldn't be as much of a stretch as some of the theories out there (Ezra, Kanan, etc).

Reaction score
Revan being Snoke, or anywhere near TFA would be big stretch IMO. They are separated by thousands of years.

Reaction score
And yet our friendly neighbourhood 1,000 year old wrinkly orange barkeep isn't a stretch? OK.

Reaction score
My money is Revan appearing in Rebels via a Holocron.

I went with Malgus because of physical similarities, including injuries to his lower jaw, his voice and the fact the latest TOR expansion pack, commissioned by Disney, changes his fate from death, to being encased in carbonite indefinitely. Therefore his return is imminent. He could have even been Plagueis as well. He's going to be someone with serious clout, who has seen and done it all. He's not going to be some unkown character who just came out of the shadows rolling in money deciding to kickstart his own empire to rule the galaxy.

Reaction score
He's going to be someone with serious clout, who has seen and done it all. He's not going to be some unkown character who just came out of the shadows rolling in money deciding to kickstart his own empire to rule the galaxy.
I agree with this point. It just makes more sense. I understand it would be lame to make him some already-established character, but at the same time if he's just someone who came out of nowhere then we're left asking 'where was this guy all that time?'. We're assuming he's strong in the Force, yet if he was really around during Palpatine's time then it kind of takes away from Palpatine being the most powerful Sith lord at that time. It also brings up the question of who would have trained him if they had the rule of two. I know we're not really calling Snoke or Ren Sith at this point, but this is just semantics. Also if he is just some random person who rose up from nowhere, it feels a little like a cop-out, and one they could repeat any number of times whenever they run out of ideas just to keep the story going.

Reaction score
The biggest clue about Snoke came from Leia when she was talking with Han Solo. She said that Snoke had deceived them all. It does seem to lead you to believe that Snoke got close to Luke and his Jedi Temple and was able to turn Ben Solo to the dark side. All of these theories about Snoke being SOMEBODY seem a bit too convenient. I'm content to let it all play out and see where it goes.

As for a Snoke figure? It would be very cool. Especially if we got an upscaled hologram type of figure. But the line that we've gotten from Hasbro thus far has led me to temper my expectations.

Reaction score
Surprising that such an important character of the movie is nowhere near getting his own figure, at least by the looks of it. Perhaps it´s a problem between making him holographic and quite big, or making him his own self and risk putting out a spoiler about his true looks?

Utinniii

Reaction score
I've seen someone take clear plastic and turn their phone into a 3D projector. I wonder how hard/expensive it would be to make a functioning hologram of Snoke (in scale with the figures).

GNT

Reaction score
Surprising that such an important character of the movie is nowhere near getting his own figure, at least by the looks of it.
TFA was only released in cinemas just over 4 months ago, you can't expect every character to released the minute the toy line is released especially characters that were kept under wraps for a long time. Snoke, Luke etc will have a major role in the trilogy going a head so everyone's just got to show some patience Hasbro will release them at some point, if mot in the TFA line then in the EP8 line.

Reaction score
TFA was only released in cinemas just over 4 months ago, you can't expect every character to released the minute the toy line is released especially characters that were kept under wraps for a long time. Snoke, Luke etc will have a major role in the trilogy going a head so everyone's just got to show some patience Hasbro will release them at some point, if mot in the TFA line then in the EP8 line.

Exactly,you look at the original movies,especially Star Wars,it came out in 77 yet you had to wait till 78 for 12 figures to be released.I never collected anything after the first 3 films upto POTF in 1985 so i can't comment on how the figures were released with the last 3 films,did they release all the figures in large quantities once AoTC,TPM and RoTS were released??

As much as i'd like to have a Snoke or Luke figure,i think Luke (although a major part of the Star Wars story line) had such a small part in the movie,it would almost be cheeky to make a figure of him (even though lesser characters made it into TFA line),that i can wait for him to be carded in the next EP8 line,along with Snoke when the story opens up and they get more screen time,I can't understand why General Leia wasn't made out of all of them.

Reaction score
No problem! Never said I expected seeing the figure released by now, I said it´s surprising, at this point, there isn´t even rumours about the figure being produced. Sure they can wait for a Ep. VIII release (sounds actually more likely to me)... but if we compare with how the lines worked in the 80s, even having Hux at all is enough (we never got Tarkin then, right?). It would make more sense to compare, for instance, with a character like Maz, who was also kept under wraps...

Reaction score
What I wish they'd do is make the Black Series follow Marvel Legends and have had a big Snoke hologram Build-A-Figure! That way you get supporting characters like Zuvio and Guavian to move quicker, especially those Finn figures and give fans some bigger characters/vehicles/etc.

hell, they could've even done a C-3PO in this format. Just another missed opportunity by Hasbro.

Reaction score
They made a convention exclusive a few years back with a giant Palpatine hologram. They could do something similar with Snoke.
I finally opened that set up a few days ago. The batteries finally gave up so I figured I would open it up.

Reaction score
How much do you think a 3.75inch proportioned hologram Snoke and "Throne" set would go for? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see something like this in the coming months.

Reaction score
How much do you think a 3.75inch proportioned hologram Snoke and "Throne" set would go for? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see something like this in the coming months.
In-Scale, I'd assume it would have to be 12" tall at least. Most likely convention exclusive or thru some store if they were to make it.

Reaction score
I've seen someone take clear plastic and turn their phone into a 3D projector. I wonder how hard/expensive it would be to make a functioning hologram of Snoke (in scale with the figures).
I've thought the same thing. I'm going to experiment with running a Snoke gif loop on an extra Amazon Fire tablet I have for a giant Snoke hologram behind my figure displays.

Link for anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about
http://blog.biotek.com/2015/08/how-to-turn-your-ipad-into-cool-3d.html?m=1