Supreme Leader Snoke - Speculation

Reaction score
I was thinking today...I'd be fine with just a 3.75" scale of the hologram Snoke. Give us a chair and enough articulation for the figure to sit down and I'm happy with a regular-sized version.

Reaction score
I really doubt we'll be seeing a Snoke figure in this line, or if we do it'll be one of the last waves. I feel like a character with as much mystery as his will probably be more of a focal point in EP VIII, so we will likely get his debut figure then.

I kinda feel the same way about Luke, to be honest. Although I can picture getting a TFA Luke before getting a Snoke.

I could be totally off the mark here, though. I'd be happier if I were wrong. But just my two cents.

Reaction score
I find it so curious Abrams didn't want to do E8 and 9.

I would think telling three chapters of his favorite story would be the opportunity of a lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The truth is probably the fact that being the first guy to make a star wars movie besides GL is pressure enough and failure could be career suicide. Signing off for 3 is a thousand times more pressure. I could see him coming back for another movie now that he knows he's not the guy that ruined star wars.

Reaction score
If it's too early for a Snoke figure, why not an Exclusive release of his Hologram appearance? Surely they could do that much?

Reaction score
Considering the character's appearance wasn't finalized until October of last year, I suspect it will be a while before we see a Snoke figure, if we get one before the next film. I'm honestly not counting on it.

Reaction score
Considering Snoke is the supreme leader of the Darkside, I'm assuming Hasbro would see sense enough to deem him worthy of a figure, especially when considering that Zuvio and PZ-4CO got figures and were nearly non-existent in their TFA roles.

Reaction score
Considering Snoke is the supreme leader of the Darkside, I'm assuming Hasbro would see sense enough to deem him worthy of a figure, especially when considering that Zuvio and PZ-4CO got figures and were nearly non-existent in their TFA roles.
Despite all the hate for Hasbro with quality and stuff though, they were restricted early on to what they could release. Besides the fact Zuvio (the character) was actually in some marketing, most of these were just place holders for the launch because spoilers were tight (of course technically the entire films plot was out there for months, but that's neither here nor there.), and officially no one was allowed to say anything before the release date.

As for Snoke, I see roughly three options: Hasbro releases him as an exclusive, since he'd be a larger figure ( although he might be a statue, similar to the old cinema scene Palpatine.). The second option is he's released in small form as mainline figure (this doesn't seem likely to me.). The third is he gets no TFA figure, and they wait to see him in person in one of the following films, and just ignore the giant hologram, much like they did for the Palpatine hologram in ESB (which did eventually get a release as a SDCC exclusive.).

Reaction score
Despite all the hate for Hasbro with quality and stuff though, they were restricted early on to what they could release. Besides the fact Zuvio (the character) was actually in some marketing, most of these were just place holders for the launch because spoilers were tight (of course technically the entire films plot was out there for months, but that's neither here nor there.), and officially no one was allowed to say anything before the release date.

As for Snoke, I see roughly three options: Hasbro releases him as an exclusive, since he'd be a larger figure ( although he might be a statue, similar to the old cinema scene Palpatine.). The second option is he's released in small form as mainline figure (this doesn't seem likely to me.). The third is he gets no TFA figure, and they wait to see him in person in one of the following films, and just ignore the giant hologram, much like they did for the Palpatine hologram in ESB (which did eventually get a release as a SDCC exclusive.).

yeah this is the problem with Snoke. They can't release a huge 12" hologram version I guess, so the options are release a 4" hologram version or a 4" regular figure. I am sure the former is more likely, but IMO it would be a bit stupid.

Reaction score
That didn't stop them from releasing a non-hologram Sidious for the TPM line (yes I'm aware Sidious appeared very briefly in person, and this is ignoring the whole "he-and-Palpatine-are-totally-the-same-guy" thing).

Reaction score
That didn't stop them from releasing a non-hologram Sidious for the TPM line (yes I'm aware Sidious appeared very briefly in person, and this is ignoring the whole "he-and-Palpatine-are-totally-the-same-guy" thing).
But that is a key difference, they released the non-hologram figure because it appeared like that in the film. So it was great to get both versions.

Reaction score
Just make a six inch version Comic Con exclusive with the chair. It could kinda work for both lines.

Reaction score
Just make a six inch version Comic Con exclusive with the chair. It could kinda work for both lines.
Difference being CC exclusives have been harder to get as of late. Unlike the Emperor Holo, which is an iconic scene but pretty niche', this is all we have of Snoke. This may have been different back in '80, when Empire was all we had of the Emperor, but 30+ years later was a different story to me. And with the wealth of background characters already available, Snoke in at least one form seems like something we need for the hobby.

Reaction score
A Holo Snoke 6er would likely be the ONLY 6er I would ever buy just because it would work with the real figures.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that Snoke is going to end up being like 4' tall in Episode VIII? His figure will probably be in a 3 pack like BB-8. :grin:

Reaction score
No doubt, he's actually Yoda size...or is he Yoda...haha

If we believe what Serkis says, new character, 7' tall, force user, etc...he may be deliberately misleading people. I looked through the SW Aliens book and didn't find an alien that matched him, either a tall human that's been damaged badly or a new type of alien since he really doesn't resemble a human. Mind you the Emperor didn't resemble one either.

Reaction score
Yeah, as a kid I always thought the Emperor was an alien. Not sure about Snoke, I've read some pretty crazy theories online. I just think it would be hilarious to have him finally revealed...to be like 3-4' tall.

Reaction score
Yeah, as a kid I always thought the Emperor was an alien. Not sure about Snoke, I've read some pretty crazy theories online. I just think it would be hilarious to have him finally revealed...to be like 3-4' tall.
The first 1:1 scale mainline figure!

Reaction score
His music in TFA is the exact same score as the music playing in the opera when Palpatine tells Anakin about Plagueis. I even think the track is listed as Darth Pagueis the wise on the soundtrack. Imma justa sayin.

Reaction score
so I read a fan theory on facebook where it states that Snoke is going to be Ezra from Rebels. this fan theory was posted recently after the second trailer for Star Wars Rebels dropped where it shows Ezra possibly holding a Sith Holocron as well as a Kylo Ren esq lightsaber.

I can't believe what some "so Called Fans" will right about. it's like they haven't seen a SW movie before. another fan theory (again dropped after the Rebels trailer) is that Old Master (whom fans believe is Darth Maul from Clone Wars - which I sort hope is true) might turn out to be Snoke in disguise. (which I can't even begin to believe)

Reaction score
I thought it was confirmed the Old Master is Maul.

Continuity is great, and having it sprawl across all the media is awesome, but the books and tv shows will never inform the movies to such a degree. You may get back story, but having Snoke be revealed to be a character most of the theater going audience has never heard of won't happen.

Reaction score
I for one believe that Snoke is aSnoke! A brand new character and not the carry over of another character or the a reborn character. the galaxy is a vast play area so really there has to be more darkside users out there.

Reaction score
Just about to post the same thing, DA. I don't think is anyone we've previously seen/heard about. If he is, then it's Plageius, IMO.

Reaction score
I'm fine with him being a new character, in the sense that we just never saw him on screen. I just want to know why, and what he has been doing all the years. Especially to go unnoticed. I don't want him to be new in the sense that he came out of nowhere though. I also don't want him to wind up being Darth Bane or some of the weirdo characters. But he should be/have connections to Palpatine or Darth-P. For a second I entertained the thought that he could possible be Plagueis' Master.

i just hope whoever he is, it's done well. And none of this Clone of Emperor, or Luke's alter ego BS. Or half the theories online. I also wouldn't mind if he were Ezra. I'm not the biggest fan of teh shoe, but I could see the possibilities.

Reaction score
A Snoke hologram figure is the only thing I'm missing from TFA. I'm hoping I don't have to wait 2 more years to get a figure of him. I love Sith/Dark Side hologram figures, and him seated would be awesome.

Reaction score
I will just say that there's been so many things over the years in the now banished EU, that it's highly probable that something in his origin will overlap with something we have seen before. For the 'Ezra is Snoke' peeps, we've seen that same kind of thing previously in the Legacy comic with Darth Krayt's origin.

Reaction score
I've seen lots of crazy fan theories on who Snoke can possibly be ranging from Palpatine reborn, to Ezra to Kanan and even Porkins for that matter. I for one want Snoke to be an all new unseen Dark Side character (perhaps stronger in the Force than Luke or Palpatine) and he was able to stay hidden in the shadows for all this time due to his power....

but since there are so many crazy rumors floating around Twitter and Facebook these days I want to throw my crazy concept for Snoke.......

SNOKE is really GRAND MOFF TARKIN. lol. sensing the imminent danger of the Rebellion about to destroy the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin, Tarkin wrapped himself in a dark side bubble to protect himself from certain death. however the shockwaves of the explosion were too intense for Tarkin aka Snoke and in the explosion his body was burned and deformed and the shockwaves hurled his body into the far reaches of space (similar to the Phantom zone from Superman). Using the Dark Side he removed his presence from the universe and the Force and allowed Emperor Palpatine to rule the galaxy.

Tarkin/Snoke watched as the Empire fell to the Rebellion at the battle of Endor and with it the fall of the Emperor and the rise of the last of the Jedi Luke Skywalker. Working in secret Snoke forms the First Order in the Outer Rim and quickly builds up a massive army to one day regain control of the galaxy and fulfill his dark side destiny by destroying the Republic and the last of the Jedi Luke Skywalker.

So what do you think of my crazy concept for the character of Supreme Leader Snoke ?????

lol in all seriousness I really hope that Snoke is not a reborn or already known character and I hope that he actually survives the movies and remains the protagonist / villain for awhile.

Reaction score
Well, since we're throwing speculations at the wall to see if anything sticks, here's my random theory. I'll preface this by admitting, yes, his face is too long, and yes, the beard is gone, but whatever I'm throwing it out there. Anyway, I think it's this guy...

Thats the statue seen in the background when Rey finds Anakin 's saber in Maz's castle.

Reaction score
They have previously said they want Rebels and the movies to not cross over I believe but my daughters theory is that Snoke is the Inquisitor from Rebels season 1. Looks similar and the damage to his face could have been caused by his fall into the flames..... He could have then spent the next 30 yrs in the shadows before forming the First Order.

I find this doubtful but a good theory nonetheless...

Reaction score
By "they", who do you mean? I've only heard this here at RS, not from Disney/LFL.
I thought I read it in relation to Rogue Squadron but I could be wrong....I wouldn't mind some live action Rebels in RS, even if it is just a cameo

Reaction score
I still don't get the whole "Snoke HAS TO BE SOMEONE" attitude everyone has. I think the ultimate surprise would be...he's just a brand new character. A total red herring. Attached to...no one. And truthfully? I think that's best for the plot. If or when we discover who or what Snoke's background is, I can't help but find a big DUN DUN DUN "I'm actually...*insert everyone from Palpatine to Jar Jar to Gollum to my cat here*" would be rather cliche and corny. I PREFER him being a new character, personally.

Reaction score
I think it would be more effective to have some type of connection to the previous movies, even if obscure. Just because I think it would be odd knowing that here's this really old, damaged but extremely powerful guy who watched the rise and fall of both the New Republic AND the Empire, yet not one word of reference to the guy has been made previously. If the novels hadn't set him up as an individual with a long history of some sort then yeah, I can see how it wouldn't matter if be was some random guy, but why bother to bring up his age and all the rest of it if there's no connection. I don't see why Plagueis would bother so many people, though I agree I don't want him to be Palpatine or someone like that. I also thought it would be cool if he was Sifo-Dyas, but I know they did something with him in TCW (though I can't remember how that particular arc ended, so that might not be a possibility).

Reaction score
He doesn't have to be "someone", but he definitely ah to be connected to "someone". Otherwise his presence her makes no sense. So some nobody in the middle of nowhere wakes up from a nap, notices a power vacuum with Vader and Palpatine gone. And decides to fill it?

Reaction score
He doesn't have to be "someone", but he definitely ah to be connected to "someone". Otherwise his presence her makes no sense. So some nobody in the middle of nowhere wakes up from a nap, notices a power vacuum with Vader and Palpatine gone. And decides to fill it?
While I would find it more narratively satisfying for him to have a connection to the saga already, what you describe in no way sounds outlandish. Someone noticed an opening, and exploited it to gain power.