Supreme Leader Snoke - Speculation

Reaction score
The hologram of Snoke in TFA certainly lives up to the way Andy Serkis described how his scenes were filmed. I guess he was on that platform in order to assist in the eyelines for Domnhall Gleason and Adam Driver.

As for the actual size of Snoke? I suspect he's much closer in size to the rest of the characters, and the immense size of his hologram is used to project a sense of power and authority. He seems to need to reinforce his status as Supreme Leader upon his subordinates when he communicates with them. And characters like Hux and Kylo Ren are very much at odds with one another. That seems like it may be by Snoke's design in order to rule above those who are jockeying for position.

All of this makes me think that we may not get a Snoke figure at all. Or at least until Episode 8. I think that revealing too much about Snoke, even through something like an action figure, might reveal more about the character than Lucasfilm wants fans to know at this time.

Reaction score
To me, Snoke's origins are definitely the biggest wonder about him, but I'm also kind of interested in his character as we see him now. To me, he seems a tad hot headed and unfocused, possibly because of his age and damages. He took suggestions from Hux and Ren instead of giving firm direction as the emperor always had,so I'm curious to see where snoke lies amidst the time line and the story as a whole. Got to wait till episode 9 to see the full picture I suppose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I actually hope he isn't. I don't want to think palpatine wasn't competent enough to kill him. Also makes the rule of two a little weak if plagueis has been alive 1000 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I don't. I just don't feel he's useful in this context of storytelling. He's part of the "old" system. And TBH, part of the EU that should have been wiped with the rest. It's funny that they kept this guy around, simply because he was mention in a movie. Yet some truly great Villains were wiped away, to make way for supposedly new ones?

Snoke probably is just your average 6' hominoid, just blown up for Hologram mode. Though it would really be funny, if he were actually the height of an Ewok. And he's just using an overly large appearance to compensate. lol

Reaction score
I do and I don't hope he is Plagueis. On one hand, it would be satisfying to have him be someone who even slightly familiar over a brand new character, as his power and influence seems like he should be someone around a while. It would also be nice to give the PT some purpose beyond showing us what we already knew, even if retroactively. On the other hand, it may feel like a cheap stunt. Either way, asking as they pull it off well, I will go along with it.

Reaction score
Even though the prequels are not well favored, I think Disney would want to still keep them valid, they did pay for them after all.

Reaction score
My son got the visual dictionary for Christmas, and we have skimmed through it a few times already, but I don't remember seeing anything about him. They may have had a page, or a sidebar on Kylo Ren's page, but I don't recall it.
Seems that Abrams is wrapping Snoke in a cloud of enigma then. Interesting:ninja:. If the Visual Dictionary doesn't reveal anything, then we have a shroud to veil his true significance. Seems at a guess that Abrams has plenty of options for episode 8 between the bespoke Snoke and Phasma.

Reaction score
I find it so curious Abrams didn't want to do E8 and 9.

I would think telling three chapters of his favorite story would be the opportunity of a lifetime

Reaction score
I've heard it's the same reason he didn't want to make the movie in the first place.

He doesn't like doing sequels and he had just done a sequel with Star Trek Into Darkness.

Now, he may have changed his mind after this movie but it's too late. The way these movies are set up they needed all their directors and writers lined up early on to keep with the schedule of every two years.

Reaction score
I heard he's still producing and has a heavy role to play with the creation of at least episode 8, he's just not directing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Plus, signing on for 3 movies takes a big chunk of your life. He already was away from his family longer than he liked.

GNT

Reaction score
Abrams could come back for ep10 or a future anthology film.

Reaction score
This is emperor palpatines first apearence in the original movies. And his only one as well.

Reaction score
It does make me wonder what will happen after the initial 5 movies they have planned. I mean you see how many Marvel movies they have pumped out and you know they are going to want to take Star Wars for all it's worth.

Will we hear of another announcement of more spin-off movies or will they do a 10,11,12? Will Star Wars go on hiatus after episode 9 so as to build up hype for future movies?

Interesting times. I remember when the prequels were announced and Star Wars was no longer going to be just 3 movies. Once 3 hit, there was a sense of relief that it was over....and here we are today.

Reaction score
Everyone in this forum will have passed to the next dimension by that time:grin:
I intend to be alive in 2019 for episode 10.

The impression I have gotten is that, yes, they intend to continue doing a star wars movie every year for the foreseeable future. I may have been one of the few people excited when Disney made their deal, as I see star wars as something that NEEDS to pander to its fans, and Disney would definitely make that happen. And finally, after waiting 37 years for this to happen, we are getting a star wars movie every year.

Reaction score
I intend to be alive in 2019 for episode 10.

The impression I have gotten is that, yes, they intend to continue doing a star wars movie every year for the foreseeable future. I may have been one of the few people excited when Disney made their deal, as I see star wars as something that NEEDS to pander to its fans, and Disney would definitely make that happen. And finally, after waiting 37 years for this to happen, we are getting a star wars movie every year.
Episode 9 is coming out in 2019...

Reaction score
This is emperor palatine's first appearance in the original movies. And his only one as well.
And, point being? If you are referring to the fact he is larger than Vader, it's obvious he's a large Hologram in that scene. For Snoke, we didn't have a visual reference when Circus said he was 15' high.

Oh, and BTW. He appears again in physical form in ROTJ, so I don't really get what you mean by one and only appearance.

Reaction score
Not really. A lot of your posts seem to go so far with ridiculousness that I can't even tell anymore.

Reaction score
So, no one is giving any credence to Snokes theme being earily close to the score being played in ROTS when Palpatinectells Anakin the tale of Plageius?

Reaction score
So, no one is giving any credence to Snokes theme being earily close to the score being played in ROTS when Palpatinectells Anakin the tale of Plageius?
I did see that on YouTube. Kinda cool. I personally wouldn't have an issue with Snoke being Plageius but wouldn't be upset if he wasn't. Was Plageus being a Munn ever established in canon?

Reaction score
I did see that on YouTube. Kinda cool. I personally wouldn't have an issue with Snoke being Plageius but wouldn't be upset if he wasn't. Was Plageus being a Munn ever established in canon?
It was never said in any of the movies that Plagueis was a Munn, so they really have the creative freedom to make him any species they wish. He does have a significant amount of scars, most of which anyone including a sith would not be able to survive. But if he has the power to cheat death.....very well could be Plagueis.

Reaction score
And, point being? If you are referring to the fact he is larger than Vader, it's obvious he's a large Hologram in that scene. For Snoke, we didn't have a visual reference when Circus said he was 15' high.

Oh, and BTW. He appears again in physical form in ROTJ, so I don't really get what you mean by one and only appearance.
his one and only appearance in that movie ? O well read in between the lines more and examine it more thouroghly if I'd like I don't really care I was just posting a pic of palpatines first appearance and ONLY appearance for the whole film so ppl had to wait three years or w/e o see him again in rotj thanks for replying btw

Reaction score
Not really. A lot of your posts seem to go so far with ridiculousness that I can't even tell anymore.

Well thankyou for being honest, but no problem! Since you feel that way, you're now the second one on my ignore list. And once someone's on it, i never use the peek function to take a look at any subsequent post, ever. Once i've made-up my mind, that's it. Bye-bye!

Reaction score
Well thankyou for being honest, but no problem! Since you feel that way, you're now the second one on my ignore list. And once someone's on it, i never use the peek function to take a look at any subsequent post, ever. Once i've made-up my mind, that's it. Bye-bye!
I think I was the first - but I guess I'll never know.

Reaction score
I think I was the first - but I guess I'll never know.
Well, I'm already on his ignore list so I have to be number 1! Woohoo! I'm number 1!

I guess countering his posts of "these figures will be rare and worth money" with logic is ignore list worthy.

But don't feel bad HothHan, it's easy to get on his ignore list. Just remind him that TFA wont be worth vintage prices...because if history is any indication it's just a matter of time before that comes up again.

I do think a large Hologram of Snoke would sell. Especially with exclusive Hux and Ren figures. We'd hate Hasbro for it, but we'd begrudgingly give them our money and complain about the price.

Reaction score
right now that's the only way I can see us getting a Snoke figure except for as an exclusive SDCC set. I'd prefer the EE.com set to SDCC.

Reaction score
The last SDCC set I got was the emperor hologram with Vader from ESB...the circle would be complete for me!

But also, that EE assault Walker exclusive is cheaper at amazon than EE, or at least was before Christmas.

Reaction score
After seeing that you-tube video, I can almost buy into Snoke being Darth-P. As he would obviously have to change his name to hide. But I just can't get past the fact Palps seems pretty sure he killed him. Or the fact that his presence should have still been felt by Luke/Leia during the Academy days. If he really was an instructor. My resistance to Darth-P might just stem from the fact, that I don't like the character or the species(he was). If they change anything, it might help me accept the character more.
Who knows.

Reaction score
Couple of things: Palpatine lied. He backtracks a bit with what he told Anakin, and maybe he lied about Plagueis dying. That or he didn't know his master survived. The other thing is Palpatine had a Sith name, it's possible Snoke does too.

Not saying I believe or prefer, just pointing out.

Reaction score
Agree masterfett. I think it Darth p but still hoping it's not. Feels too connected, not original enough, and makes palpatine less interesting. I think it's a more compelling story of Snoke has been watching from the shadows for a longer time and is only now making his move

Reaction score
Not connecting the trilogies, especially when the novel says Snoke watched the Empire rise and fall, would be a cop-out and less compelling.

Reaction score
I think it actually makes for an interesting plot if DP hid in the shadows while recovering from his wounds, waiting for the perfect time to step in and assert his dominance and rule over the galaxy. Seems more well though out than a random sith rising to power. And if it does turn out to be a different sith, are they ever going to explain how he was trained and rose to power?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk