Supreme Leader Snoke - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
While pictures of this character haven't surfaced yet, please use this thread to discuss the possible Supreme Leader Snoke figure we might see in this line

Last edited:
Reaction score
We have heard he is possibly reptilian and we have seen him before. What if we have in that we have seen his species before? I was wondering what if he is Falleen and possibly head of the Black Sun? I mean he might be doing it in the shadows and war would make an organization like the Black Sun very rich. Also imagine a Crime sydnacate with a Dark Jedi as its head.

Reaction score
The character's name is far from intimidating. It's on par with Sheev. Hopefully the character design and performance will be a proper counterbalance.

Reaction score
Perhaps he's a red herring to keep some mystery--- SNOKE (So No One Knows Everything).

Reaction score
..lets just hope/pray it's NOT a star warsy alteration to the name Snookie

Reaction score
"He's reptilian and we've seen him before"

Dex from the Diner?

I always wondered what become of him. Midichlorians are impervious to cholesterol.

Reaction score
Snoke - what a ridiculous name. Sounds like the hot nerd girl Felicity Smoak from The Flash TV series. Far from intimidating...

Reaction score
Honestly, Boba Fett probably didn't sound intimidating in 1980, either. But the name might grow once you see the character.

Reaction score
Darth Plagueis = Snoke.
I would really like the idea of a return from the dead/hidden Sith of the past too. Someone like that to set up a battle with Luke would be a cool storyline.

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ironic if Hasbro released SA figured and Snoke turns out to be an alien species with no elbows, knees, waste, ankle or wrist movement?

Reaction score
The name "Snoke" I thought was pretty good. It seemed right to me. I found it's some Canadian e-cigar brand as well.

I will disappointed if it's not Plagueis. What ever the prequels gave us, that whole sub plot was some cool shiz. Though it seemed more than that really. Sidious's master had this "power" to cheat death and create life, that seemed responsible for impregnating Shmi Skywalker. Perhaps Kylo Ren is Anakin reincarnated or something. I don't read spoilers BTW, in case anyone is tempted.

Reaction score
The Clones Wars series had some empowerment of the Dark side (Forget what he was called) The qui Gon episone.

Could be him but I hope not.

Reaction score
You mean "The Son"? yeah.. I never knew quite what to make of that quite honestly. Sometimes Filoni and the gang seemed like they put too much peyote in their coffee. Sam Witwer is a huge talent though. Way under used IMO. He could have brought a lot more beyond the game and voice acting, at which he is insanely good,

Reaction score
I see Plagueis has been guessed, which would be cool or at least something different IMHO. But as the same time, I really hope Snoke is something new that we haven't seen before, because I'm sure there are enough 'small-universe-everyone-is-related' things in TFA.

But IF he turns out to be something more EU-like, say, Chiss or Yuuzhan Vong... would that be good? Bad?

Reaction score
I will disappointed if it's not Plagueis.
I'd be disappointed if it is Plagueis.

It show little creativity to move forward, instead of leaving loopholes like where was Plagueis during PT and OT which will be pasted with some silliness that he's been working in the shadows for the ultimate masterplan.

Plagueis is dead, gone, and needs to stay that way. This isn't Marvel where the characters have unlimited lives. Fortunately however, strong rumours have confirmed it's Snoke is not Plagueis... wait, didn't JJ also say that?

Reaction score
Different Snokes for different folks I guess. :)

It wouldn't be original because it's been done ad nauseum in the EU, much of which was marvel anyway. It would tie a few things together for me. As in how did Plagueis die if he could cheat death? It's actually pretty lazy and unoriginal to think the most obvious or first assumption is going to play out. There's more than a few reasons why Plagueis could be playing Snoke. He could be resurrected and "undead" was one plausible rumour I heard of Snoke regardless of who he is. Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

JJ has been known to be loose with the truth in regards to spoilers before. When it comes down to "yes or no", why would he give the whole game away by saying " yes"?

Reaction score

We have not "seen" him, but we certainly have heard of him before.

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved...."
EVERYTHING Plagueis says through his breather mask sounds like 'snoke.' He was discovered by previously unknown Force users after Sidious supposedly killed him. They realized who he was, though he was in a state between life and death. He couldn't fully return to life, but he couldn't fully die either. They keep him as a puppet leader as they build up an organization of Force users in secret. They use him the same way the nazi's did in the old Star Trek episode entitled, Patterns of Force (see the connection? Force?) He gives inspirational speeches that the two unknown Force users who found him create. They are the true leaders of this Sith uprising. Their names? Ren (as we know) and... Stimpy.

Reaction score
Snoke should be Plagueis because it ties things together, you know, it connects everything because it connects things and ties things. And that's a good idea in a story you know cause it connects things
and ties things together because Plagueis was mentioned in episode 3, so it sort of ties it together you see, it connects things, because now things are connected you see, they are tied. So if he's snoke and he was in episode 3, now he's in eposide 7, so now those two episodes at tied together you see, they are connected

Reaction score
Lol Not like Plagueis created Anakin Skywalker or anything. What would that has been have to do with a StarWars movie?

Reaction score
Snoke should be Plagueis because it ties things together, you know, it connects everything because it connects things and ties things. And that's a good idea in a story you know cause it connects things
and ties things together because Plagueis was mentioned in episode 3, so it sort of ties it together you see, it connects things, because now things are connected you see, they are tied. So if he's snoke and he was in episode 3, now he's in eposide 7, so now those two episodes at tied together you see, they are connected
I disagree.

It makes perfect sense within the overarching narrative of the 3-trilogy saga (which disregards the fact that you are anti-PT).

You are correct about associations which are entirely superfluous - Anakin builds 3PO, Yoda is best buddies with Chewbacca. This would be different.

Reaction score
I thought the force ties things together..................:hmm:

Reaction score
I disagree.

It makes perfect sense within the overarching narrative of the 3-trilogy saga (which disregards the fact that you are anti-PT).

You are correct about associations which are entirely superfluous - Anakin builds 3PO, Yoda is best buddies with Chewbacca. This would be different.
As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. Not that I have a problem agreeing with you, just I want the PT to be pushed to the dark corners of the Star Wars galaxy.

It does make sense for it to be Plagueis because it puts things back on track to the way it was "supposed to be." It's well documented that Jedi was rush job to "end" Star Wars. Plot lines that were supposed to be dragged out further were shortened and simplified to fit in Jedi so Lucas could be done with the whole thing. For example, Leia wasn't supposed to be the "other." The "other" was supposed to be a yet unseen sister training on the other side of the galaxy and she would show up in the second trilogy (7-9). The Emperor and the final confrontation with him was originally written (in treatment form) as occurring at the end of episode 9. He was written as someone pulling the strings from behind the scenes for a long time. The ultimate bad guy. A chess player on a galactic scale in a sense. Now, having shortened the story arcs to wrap things up in Jedi meant moving up the Emperor's fight to Jedi. He's gone so he can't be the puppet master anymore. It makes sense to create a new puppet master. Plagueis has already been established somewhat as that type of character. He's been mentioned, he's been hinted at as having that type of personality. It would be a way of replacing the Emperor character with a new identical character to keep the original story line moving along.

Of all the rumors I'd say this is fairly probably as Kasdan seems to want to restore his original story ideas as much as possible. For instance, he wanted Jedi to end with Luke doing the "walk into the sunset never to be seen again." He wanted Jedi to end with a bittersweet feel. They won, but at what cost. It seems with TFA they are restoring these ideas by having them happen off-screen. It would make sense for him to also restore the original arc of the larger scale puppet master villain.

It also wouldn't be the first time a character was created to fill a role of someone who was previously killed. Yoda was created for that exact reason. Obi-wan was dead and Luke needed a new mentor figure.

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. Not that I have a problem agreeing with you, just I want the PT to be pushed to the dark corners of the Star Wars galaxy.

It does make sense for it to be Plagueis because it puts things back on track to the way it was "supposed to be." It's well documented that Jedi was rush job to "end" Star Wars. Plot lines that were supposed to be dragged out further were shortened and simplified to fit in Jedi so Lucas could be done with the whole thing. For example, Leia wasn't supposed to be the "other." The "other" was supposed to be a yet unseen sister training on the other side of the galaxy and she would show up in the second trilogy (7-9). The Emperor and the final confrontation with him was originally written (in treatment form) as occurring at the end of episode 9. He was written as someone pulling the strings from behind the scenes for a long time. The ultimate bad guy. A chess player on a galactic scale in a sense. Now, having shortened the story arcs to wrap things up in Jedi meant moving up the Emperor's fight to Jedi. He's gone so he can't be the puppet master anymore. It makes sense to create a new puppet master. Plagueis has already been established somewhat as that type of character. He's been mentioned, he's been hinted at as having that type of personality. It would be a way of replacing the Emperor character with a new identical character to keep the original story line moving along.

Of all the rumors I'd say this is fairly probably as Kasdan seems to want to restore his original story ideas as much as possible. For instance, he wanted Jedi to end with Luke doing the "walk into the sunset never to be seen again." He wanted Jedi to end with a bittersweet feel. They won, but at what cost. It seems with TFA they are restoring these ideas by having them happen off-screen. It would make sense for him to also restore the original arc of the larger scale puppet master villain.

It also wouldn't be the first time a character was created to fill a role of someone who was previously killed. Yoda was created for that exact reason. Obi-wan was dead and Luke needed a new mentor figure.
I was thinking what if Plagueis did not die.....What if the story told to Anakin was true....only to a certain point of view and that maybe there is more to the story? What if Palpy did not kill him but was told to tell Anakin that or maybe he was pulling the strings all along and HE was the acctual emperor not Palpatine? Palpy was just a figurehead and that was it no more no less.

Reaction score
Ugh, no please god no.
Not saying I like it because I would like the PT to quietly disappear into the night...but it makes sense in a restoring storylines sort of way. Kasdan clearly wants to fix things that he was able to include the first time around (Luke walking off into the sunset). Restoring the man behind the curtain idea could be something he wants to do. It could go either way. It's tough to say if they will want to ignore the Prequels (please do) or include elements from them in an attempt to "out do" the prequels. Zahn did a similar thing in his Outbound Flight book and it was excellent. He basically had Thrawn trash a Trade Federation fleet with little effort. I always thought it was a sly backhanded way of proving he could have done the prequels better. :)

Reaction score
If they acknowledge the character of Darth Plagueis, it acknowledges ...those...other ....films. Why resort an old story. Why not take this saga in a direction that no one would have guessed? I see what you're saying but it's certainly not the way Id like things to go(but who am I to say). I'm not exactly thrilled with a lot of the rumors I've read about TFA, adding prequel elements just makes it worse