Supreme Leader Kylo Ren - #90

GNT

Reaction score
***Possible spoilers in this thread***

No pictures of this figure yet but there is rumours of Kylo Ren from the new Star Wars movie - ep9 Rise of Skywalker. I don't suspect a big change with this figure.

What does everyone want to see with this release?

Reaction score
This one, even with faceprint, will pegwarm. Obviously it will sell some, to swap out the old head.

Reaction score
Definitely expecting the TLJ figure with red lines painted on the helmet. I'll get when it's on sale, no rush.

Reaction score
I know this is basically ST Vader, but if he changed up his outfit for the final film we could have gotten a new figure. lol

Reaction score
I know this is basically ST Vader, but if he changed up his outfit for the final film we could have gotten a new figure. lol
Is there artwork or photos of Kylo from this movie? Do we know he doesn't look different? Even though Vader had very minimal changes across the OT, I expected Kylo to look different for this last film. They did such a boring look for him in TLJ, along with being such a bad film too resulted in his figures bombing. I expect the helmet or a helmet to return and some outfit changes too. As with the Starkiller character in TFU, it would have been cool to see him slowly change to look more and more like Vader. Guess we shall soon see.

Reaction score
There is a rumor about Kylo in EP9:

Spoiler:  
Apparently he goes all Buffalo Bill-ish and wears Vader's suit or a suit just like Vader's at some point

But other than Kylo's mended helmet, I don't think he will look that different from the other two movies.
Vader didn't change (much), but he also didn't take off his helmet until the very end in the OT.

Reaction score
Agree. I actually like the look of (helmted) Kylo in TFA
Helmeted Kylo Ren with the robes and scarf/hoodie was such a cool and instant classic look. And while I didn't mind his more "knight-ish" look in TLJ, he definitely should've had his helmet more.

Reaction score
I don't think it looked Classic at all, it struck me as more akin to Revan's look. But I understand why people that don't know who Revan is, might think this way.

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the design in TFA with the helmet on was a great look.

Did he stop wearing the helmet because Snoke made fun of him?

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the design in TFA with the helmet on was a great look.

Did he stop wearing the helmet because Snoke made fun of him?

I assume the helmet look was too cliche Star Wars for director Johnson.

Reaction score
Yeah, it was clearly Rian’s decision and he had free reign from Kathleen Kennedy apparently.

Reaction score
Have to say this one is lazy. Literally a new helmet and hood. Not even a face with the new printing.

Printed face would have made this a purchase for me but I'm tempted to wait for a sale now as this little more than a repack.

Reaction score
At least now I know the costume isn't changing, I might see if I can find a deal somewhere in the TLJ figuarts version.

Reaction score
Isn't it essentially the TLJ Kylo figure from 2 years ago than?
Mostly but isn't the upper body is different, it has the holes to hold on the cape... But yes it's the same figure.

Reaction score
I was thinking about picking this figure up, but then I remembered I got that deluxe Kylo from Walmart when they marked them down to $8. Soft goods cape, a floor piece that goes with Snoke's throne, regular unmasked head, and a die cast helmeted head, yeah my Kylo Ren needs have been satisfied. B)

Reaction score
I remember wanting the Wal-mart exclusive Kylo too and seemed like we waited forever to find it. By that time, I'd seen the movie and had no desire for it any longer because the trilogy was garbage to me at that point. I remember discussions way back of how it'd be cool for Kylo to slowly evolve his look to become more like Vader (aka Starkiller in TFU). Even if the movies stunk, we'd at least had some cool costumes. Now we're stuck with neither. This is lazy and sadly par for the course at this point.

Reaction score
Have to say this one is lazy. Literally a new helmet and hood. Not even a face with the new printing.

Printed face would have made this a purchase for me but I'm tempted to wait for a sale now as this little more than a repack.
I'm sure there was be an exclusive version of this figure with a printed face.

Reaction score
I was thinking about picking this figure up, but then I remembered I got that deluxe Kylo from Walmart when they marked them down to $8. Soft goods cape, a floor piece that goes with Snoke's throne, regular unmasked head, and a die cast helmeted head, yeah my Kylo Ren needs have been satisfied. B)
Yeah I have this set. Unmasked head is decent too for a non face print job. Was originally gonna pass on this one but managed to grab the full wave of White box first editions. I do really like the red soldered paint app on the mask so i'm glad I did pick him up. Will be keeping him MIB though

Reaction score
:grin:

I think I paid less than $20 for this as well.

I still haven't opened it, because I've already got two other Kylos.

I did buy this new TLJ vsn though.

I am a bit of a sucker for a $19.99 figure of anyone.