Super7 Reaction Star Trek: The Next Generation

Reaction score
Revealed this week is the first wave of TNG figures from Super7's Reaction line.

The first wave consists of: Picard, Data, Worf, Guinan, Wesley and a Borg.

They have confirmed a second wave for later in the year, but haven't yet said who will be in it.

Some unusual choices for the first wave, but I actually think that's cool. I'm delighted they made Guinan and she's the best-looking figure in the bunch.

I more or less stopped collecting Reaction because, as much as I wanted to, I just didn't like the generally terrible look of the figures. I stopped before I finished the TOS wave.

But I recently picked up two of the re-done Back to the Future figures. They really have improved the look of the line overall, which is good.

So these figures are still a bit cartoon-y and still have that lamentable 5POA, but I dig 'em and can't wait until they arrive.

(the card art, however, is awful!)

Reaction score
I'll end up getting these. Guinan and the Borg look good. However, are the torsos/arms short on the Star Fleet body? Something looks off. Are they going for the Playmates weird proportions look? And agreed, the card art is bad. The bigger the property, the worse the cards I've noticed.

Reaction score
They have "no necks" and the arms do look too short, are they made to be this way? sort of "primitive' looking compared to most figures I've seen.

Reaction score
They have "no necks" and the arms do look too short, are they made to be this way? sort of "primitive' looking compared to most figures I've seen.

All the flaws you mention are deliberate stylistic choices for the "Reaction" line, which are made to evoke the look of action figures of the 70s and 80s, which were cruder and more simplistic.

Do I wish they were better, akin to the Funko "action figure" lines? Absolutely. But, it's the first 3.75" TNG figures in almost 35 years, so I'll take what I can get.

Reaction score
I know it will never happen thus be an unending wait, but for $18 I will wait for someone to make figures on par with Hasbro TVC line circa 2012-16.
Funko 5POA stylized has never been my thing.

Reaction score
I know it will never happen thus be an unending wait, but for $18 I will wait for someone to make figures on par with Hasbro TVC line circa 2012-16.
Funko 5POA stylized has never been my thing.

Dare to dream....

Reaction score
I saw a Instagram post where the starfleet guys looked more proportional. That made me feel better. I'll be putting in my order later this week.

Reaction score
bnVpZ4Lc_o.jpg

"My name is Guinan. I tend bar, and I listen."

Reaction score
Lance, I never thought of the flaws in earlier figures! I must go back in memory and remember them. Yes, Guinan's head looks good.

Reaction score
Guinan looks great. Do you have photos of Picard, Worf and Data you can upload?

For some reason, I screwed up and didn't order Picard and Data. So they're on their way now, but I haven't got 'em yet.

I am keeping Worf in the package for now, since I'm working on a Worf 3.75" custom so I might not end up keeping him. But he comes with a cool-looking phaser.

All I have now open are Wesley, Guinan, and the Borg, but no open pics yet except Guinan. Here are some carded pics.

BqJTg3KU_o.jpg

a9UiqRxM_o.jpg

JQe2ssEA_o.jpg

Reaction score
Lance, I never thought of the flaws in earlier figures! I must go back in memory and remember them. Yes, Guinan's head looks good.

All the reactions look pretty goofy, but some are more cartoonish than others. However, there has been an effort to make the figures look much better in the more recent waves. Guinan has one of the best likenesses they've ever done!

Reaction score
All the reactions look pretty goofy, but some are more cartoonish than others. However, there has been an effort to make the figures look much better in the more recent waves. Guinan has one of the best likenesses they've ever done!
Thanks for the pics Lance! Guinan is an instabuy after seeing that.

Reaction score
Looks like they got licensing for the actors on these. That's probably why the figures themselves have good likenesses and why they have the actors image on the cards.

Reaction score
Looks like they got licensing for the actors on these. That's probably why the figures themselves have good likenesses and why they have the actors image on the cards.

I think there is only a small percentage of the Funko/Super7 reaction waves where they DIDN'T get all the likeness rights.

Reaction score
Received mine today. Cardbacks are much nicer. I thought they were just photoshop, but no, actually painted and with foil. Guinan is the best in terms of sculpt and likeness. We better get the whole crew, plus Q and figs of the major aliens. None of that no Chekov Funko era decision making.

Reaction score
Where'd you get the Bat'leth, is it a custom? I don't recall ever seeing a 4' scale version is why I ask.

Reaction score
Where'd you get the Bat'leth, is it a custom? I don't recall ever seeing a 4' scale version is why I ask.

It was one of those dudes who sells primarily custom heads, with some accessories, in a small, artisanal online shop. Don't remember if it was Vortuous custom accessories or someone similar.

Bought it years ago, painted it a couple years ago (still working on some 3.75 custom Trek figures, but am now even more unmotivated to do so.)

Reaction score
Received mine today. Cardbacks are much nicer. I thought they were just photoshop, but no, actually painted and with foil. Guinan is the best in terms of sculpt and likeness. We better get the whole crew, plus Q and figs of the major aliens. None of that no Chekov Funko era decision making.

In fairness to the "no Chekov situation," I'm actually glad we got the Gorn and Vina over Chekov. I'm sure they were planning a third wave and it just didn't happen. But I'd rather have some cool, weird, outside-the-box choices. For that reason, I'm delighted we have Guinan and Wesley in this first wave.

The head of Super7 seems to be really keen on TNG and a second wave has already been announced. Wouldn't be surprised, though, if one or two main crewmembers were held off in favor of some more interesting side characters/aliens. Hopefully this goes at least 3 waves of 6 and we do get the full crew, plus Q, Romulans, Locutus, Ensign Ro, etc. etc.