Super7 - Masters of the Universe 3.75" Action Figure Collection

Reaction score
I was always under the impression that Super7 was absorbed into Funko under the ReAction line. Didn't realize they were still kind of their own thing. I wonder if these will cost $15 like the Alien figures initially did before Funko turned them into ReAction figures.

Reaction score
Super 7 is more boutique than Funko. There was probably major negotiating with Mattel for this to happen. Expect at least $15 each.

Reaction score
I would say these would almost definitely not be less than $15-$20. Especially if they're carded. But the quality is so much better than the ReAction stuff that I'm fine with that.

Reaction score
I can live with that for higher quality, a.k.a. real toy that doesn't break right out of the package. Mer-Man and Beast Man look great and are my must haves.

Reaction score
been hoping for a long time someone would finally do MOTU in the only scale I will buy. I wish they weren't cheesy retro style but at least they look better than reaction, and they look better than the actual bow legged bow armed he man figures. I really really would have preferred trap jaw to merman though. hopefully he gets made in some following waves.

Reaction score
I was looking at some in hand pics people have of the SDCC set and they just look so much better than the reaction stuff. the plastic doesn't look like crap.

Reaction score
no I was on flickr looking at random things and I saw a few pics in someones album standing with a dragonrider of the styx figure. it was just something I stumbled on not a review or anything.

found one, https://www.flickr.com/photos/22809088@N04/19165918313/in/photolist-dPQhJx-vcCkMt-8AmvnK-w5YKs6-w4VTfy-eLBCt7-oytatW-oysHc8-8dtQhC-eii1rV-eioDPs-eioH4A-eioL9w-eioyR7-eiozuJ-eihScr-eioxD5-eioAwA-eii35i-eihXT4-eioFeG-eioBWU-eioKwA-eihVZc-eihZRt-eihUUa-eii2cg-eihVwT-eihXxr-eihYEM
the sculpt looks much better than the reaction stuff and the plastic looks way nicer. hopefully they don't change it for the painted release.

it was cool because my very first thought when I saw the first pics of these announced for SDCC was those would look really cool next to my dragonriders!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had someone on he-man.org get me a set of the Super 7 figures. I like them. Reminds me of the Clash of the Titans figures.

Reaction score
Normally, I am. But I look at those things and I just don't get it. Why monochrome? They weren't in an episode of The Twilight Zone. There wasn't a cartoon back in the 1930s. It's just the manufacturers trying to squeeze more money out of a set of moulds with a senseless repaint. If you like 'em, fine, but I'm not going to toe some line just because I'm expected to like something just because it's in fashion or "quirky."

Reaction score
Normally, I am. But I look at those things and I just don't get it. Why monochrome? They weren't in an episode of The Twilight Zone. There wasn't a cartoon back in the 1930s. It's just the manufacturers trying to squeeze more money out of a set of moulds with a senseless repaint. If you like 'em, fine, but I'm not going to toe some line just because I'm expected to like something just because it's in fashion or "quirky."
Greyscale = Greyskull. It is a pun.

Reaction score
That's it? That's the whole reason for this set being done? I weep for the species. And whoever shells out $60 for that set.
It's your standard Con-exclusive color variant, been done a million times on a million other lines. No shocker there. As always, it will appeal to those hard core collectors who have to have it. At least Super7 didn't pull a **** move and release the color versions as exclusives. Why this would annoy you makes no sense. It's common place in today's collectibles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why this would annoy you makes no sense. It's common place in today's collectibles.
If you're going to deconstruct this whole hobby, grown men collecting toys makes no sense. I don't have to justify my opinion on this matter to anyone, it's just how I feel. So rail all you want, I still think these are ridiculous.

And just because something's commonplace, doesn't make it automatically and universally acceptable. Look at "Reality" TV and tell me I'm wrong. };D

Reaction score
I agree im glad they are releasing this as a con exclusive and hopefully the color ones for normal release. I hate how those bif bang pow twilight zone figures are released in black and white and the color versions are done as con exclusives. I have absolutely no interest in black and white themed figures. and with motu it doesn't make any sense at all, at least those zone figures can use the excuse that the shows were in black and white.

Reaction score
well whats the deal. I ordered the motu figures from super7 on may 6th. its the 21st now and I have yet to hear anything from them, no shipping notice nothing. sent a polite paypal inquiry about 4 days ago, still heard nothing. when ordering they charge for a 2-3 day shipping, whats the point of 2-3 days shipping if you wait a month to ship? are they usually this slow or is something going on?

Reaction score
I forgot there was a thread for this in here, I had posted this in the Super7 under movie toys. I had e-mailed an inquiry and they said late May. Then I got an e-mail update about a week or two later that said early June. I guess something got held up somewhere in importing them.

Reaction score
how did you get your so fast?

Update- I got my MOTU super 7 figures today. These are really cool. I do hope Super 7 will continue these.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It does make mw curious how the Sorceress will turn out. The other look cool though. I am really waiting for painted samples. They need to skip the greyscale stuff though.