Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see some figures from Jaws. Maybe the Orca and the shark as well:)

Reaction score
All strap yourselves in boys and girls. I've just seen the list of 3.75............ and its long!!!

News is about to go online, I'd say very very very shortly :p

Reaction score
I'll take retros for all era of shows. The X-Files is from the 90's and I have no problems whatsoever with seeing a Kenner styled action figure of both Mulder and Scully! Don't people realize that most of these toys stood absolutely no chance of seeing the light of day? I'm sure not going to gripe about articulation when action figures are going on the brink of extinction. I say bring on the figures and lets try and resurrect a dying hobby. I'd like to see a line for Top Gun too!
I would rather "Top Gun" be from a GI Joe line then a Kenner style Re-Action line

Reaction score
All strap yourselves in boys and girls. I've just seen the list of 3.75............ and its long!!!

News is about to go online, I'd say very very very shortly :p
You were right about it being online "shortly"!:

Funko ReAction Figures @ EE - New pics of Terminator, Nightmare Before Christmas, Rocketeer, and Escape from New York figures; listings for Pulp Fiction, Predator, Firefly, Universal Monsters, Horror icons, Back to the Future, and Goonies figures.

(and a lower $9.99 price per figure!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You were right about it being online "shortly"!:

Funko ReAction Figures @ EE - New pics of Terminator, Nightmare Before Christmas, Rocketeer, and Escape from New York figures; listings for Pulp Fiction, Predator, Firefly, Universal Monsters, Horror icons, Back to the Future, and Goonies figures.

(and a lower $9.99 price per figure!)
Fuggin' awesome.

Reaction score
These look great. Kind of bummed the predator line is the Predator only with variations, was hoping they would include Arnold S and the other troops!

Reaction score
These look great. Kind of bummed the predator line is the Predator only with variations, was hoping they would include Arnold S and the other troops!
I agree..I would assume these will all come later though, Billy and the gang will be the best part of the line

Can't wait to see pics for all these figures

Reaction score
I'm kind of over Buffy but I am curious to see what they turn out like. Firefly is the only series making my want list at the moment. But this line does look fun!

Reaction score
Terminator, EFNY, Firefly and Predator figures for me then! Was hoping for ALIENS but maybe they'll follow soon.

Reaction score
Yikes. They need to go back to the drawing board on that Predator figure. It looks horrible. Hell, Kenner themselves could have done better, had that movie come out in '83. The Terminator figs look decent though. Reese and the Endo look spot-on for that aesthetic. Arnie needs to be bulked up a bit more though, IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yikes. They need to go back to the drawing board on that Predator figure. It looks horrible. Hell, Kenner themselves could have done better, had that movie come out in '83. The Terminator figs look decent though. Reese and the Endo look spot-on for that aesthetic. Arnie needs to be bulked up a bit more though, IMO.

Gotta agree. Looks like bad a custom. Should be more along these lines in terms of detail and paint:

Also a bit disappointed in Snake from EFNY, but I can see where they're going with it.

Reese is maybe the best.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a handy checklist, courtesy of Adam Pawlus: ReAction Figures Checklist

I'm down for at least 17-20 of those...or maybe 28, depending.

I wonder if the Alien figures will drop to $9.99? If these ReAction figures do get picked up by TRU and/or Target (as per this interview), I'd be surprised if the Alien set--which seems like one of the more popular franchises in this line-- didn't get a retail re-release.

Reaction score
Here's a handy checklist, courtesy of Adam Pawlus: ReAction Figures Checklist

I'm down for at least 17-20 of those...or maybe 28, depending.

I wonder if the Alien figures will drop to $9.99? If these ReAction figures do get picked up by TRU and/or Target (as per this interview), I'd be surprised if the Alien set--which seems like one of the more popular franchises in this line-- didn't get a retail re-release.
Yeah - if these hit a major retailer, it's gonna be awesome.

Reaction score
Yeah - if these hit a major retailer, it's gonna be awesome.
Totally. I don't know if I can see Target carrying all of these, maybe a few of the more popular licenses--but TRU seems like a pretty safe bet.

Reaction score
Totally. I don't know if I can see Target carrying all of these, maybe a few of the more popular licenses--but TRU seems like a pretty safe bet.
Either one would be great.

Went ahead and pre-ordered the following. Anything else from the announced group will be a wait-and-see:

• Terminator Kyle Reese
  • Terminator Chrome T-800
  • Terminator T-800 Leather Jacket
  • Escape from New York Snake
  • The Rocketeer
  • Back to the Future Marty McFly
  • Predator Masked Predator
  • Universal Monsters Wolfman
  • Universal Monsters Dracula
  • Universal Monsters Frankenstein
  • Universal Monsters Mummy
  • Universal Monsters Creature
  • Goonies Data
  • Halloween Michael Myers

Last edited:
Reaction score
I put in a pretty big preorder as well. I agree with the predator and snake plissken comments..they're not as cool looking to me and feel sort of forced. I hope bringing out too many lines doesn't lose it's charm and leave me feeling burnt out on picking a bunch of these up. That said...still excited to see what's in store and the updated pictures.

Reaction score
This is just crazy. Certainly even my 5poa hate can subside just to have a few of these serious novelties I mean hell...

Reaction score
I'm going to echo the sentiments of those who say that the look feels forced. These don't look good to me at all except for the Nightmare Before Christmas ones (and I had no interest in buying them). Really disappointed in the Terminator and Escape from New York sculpts especially, even with 5POA I might've been tempted to buy them but ugh, it's a bad sign when I like the cardback more than the toy itself.

Am glad for those who wanted this style, but I hope another company steps up to make more realistic-looking figures.

Reaction score
6 Inch realistic figures to "that will blow Star Wars out of the water" are also in the pipeline. Looking forward to Toy Fair!! 6 inch Back to the Future realistic figures will make me complete as a human being!!

Reaction score
Some of them resonate, some don't. I'd say they need to be very careful to go for the retro look, not "the animated series" look.

That said, I know I will be ordering tons of these. Rocketeer is a must. Can't wait to see the Universal Monsters.

Reaction score
Strangely, I think the figure that most has "the look" is Sarah Connor. Retro, not cartoonish.

Also,Chrome Endoskeleton gets my vote over the matte silver. Sort of a callback to vac-metalized Threepio and Death Star Droid.

Reaction score
Am glad for those who wanted this style, but I hope another company steps up to make more realistic-looking figures.
That's the POINT! Kenner did a horrible job of facial recreation in all vintage lines. Luke X-Wing looked more like a Fisher Price figure than Star Wars. These are NOT meant to be overly realistic.

Having said that, the Predator figures flat out suck. They didn't have to be photo realistic, but no reason why they couldn't have detail. I agree with Andy, figures like Predator look more like Animated then Retro look. And I was not impressed to hear it had 4 Predators with no Dutch, Blaine, etc. Now I see what I had initially feared - it's the same body sculpt with three head sculpts spread over 4 individual figures. Wow, that's really cheapening out. I also agree with Andy that Sarah Connor is by far the most 'retro' figure of all of them. I like the other Terminator figures too, but agree he could be a little more buff.

Overall, I like the figures I see for lines I want, and couldn't care less about others (Nightmare Before Xmas figs look great, but I have no interest).

I just thought of another property I'd like to see. With the death of the Professor a week or two ago, I think a Gilligan's Island set would be fun.....

Ian

Reaction score
Not saying I expected these to be super-realistic, but they have an overly-cartoony look to them that I just don't like. The Snake and Terminator ones especially give me that cartoony vibe. By a bit more "realistic" I mean less cartoony, I was hoping for them aiming along the lines of Kenner ANH Princess Leia or Death Squad Commander which I found to be pretty "realistic" sculpts - not talking about accuracy to the actor when I say that, just more like a real human face/head not something from an animated show.

And hey some of Kenner sculpts were better than others. Certainly the X-Wing Luke was one of their worst (definitely cartoonish), and ANH Han was just outright wrong (both versions of him)... my question is do they really want to pattern these figures after the lower rung of that period? They don't need to use X-Wing Luke as their standard-bearer for this line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Strangely, I think the figure that most has "the look" is Sarah Connor. Retro, not cartoonish.

Also,Chrome Endoskeleton gets my vote over the matte silver. Sort of a callback to vac-metalized Threepio and Death Star Droid.
I agree with you about Sarah, definitely has the best retro look out of all the human figures. Chrome endo is also cool.

Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason the Predator should look like an Animated Series figure. Compare it to the Super7 Alien or Kane, where the detail is off the charts. And those were based on 1979 sculpts!

ZICA got it right with their $6 Million Dollar Man figures.

I wonder if the sculptors of these is an under-40 person, who didn't grow up with vintage Star Wars, but instead is interpreting the aesthetic. These have a real 1990s Animated figure vibe to them which is disappointing.

Last edited:

mjb

Reaction score
Feeling very underwhelmed with these think i will,pass for now, but at least they are not super expensive.

Reaction score
Given the fact that these figures are to be released in August, I feel, or at least hope, that these are prototypes that still need work. The Terminator figures look great, but the Predators are bad, as is Snake Plissken. One thing that throws these of for me visually is how everything is painted, instead of using a plastic color as a base, like Kenner did. The painted skintones are partly to blame fore that "animated" look that some people mention. I'm not referring to the Predators though, they are just badly sculpted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not being drawn in yet, the-actually-designed-but-unproduced Alien line had that extra layer of meaning/nostaligia/history going for it, getting to see the physical incarnation of what was almost real back then. These, not having that to any significant degree, have less power over me. For that reason, they need to magically capture the "what-if" sense so well that it fools me. So far, I'm not getting that vibe, at least not for the properties I have no strong ties to which is most shown thus far. But I imagine that having them in-hand could help!

Bring on the NECA Classic Planet of the Apes! :grin:

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Yeah, I need to see production pics first, before I dismiss them- but aside from that, the only ones I'm interested in are properties FROM that sculpting era. Even if I was a huge Buffy fan (and I'm definitely not), I wouldn't get them since it doesn't "feel" right to me. It's like the decision to put prequel figures on vintage cards almost. So, even Predator and Back to the Future are on the cusp of me not buying (1985-on), and definitely not Pulp Fiction or Firefly, but Terminator is looking good. Let's see some more 70s and very early 80s properties!

Reaction score
Goonies figures would have been something I bought as a kid, but I'm not sure if I'd be interested as an adult. Same goes for the dark crystal figures, though I still may buy those. I'm looking forward to seeing both. If they turn out well, I might be interested in labyrinth figures too.

Reaction score
Depending on the Toy Fair floor images, I may not get the Predator after all. That thing looks worse every time I look at it.

Reaction score
Not digging the paint job on the Predators, but I like the open mouth and helmeted sculpts. I will pick up both of those.

The figures/lines as a hole are hit or miss for me. Hopefully the production figures will look better. Looking forward to seeing the Universal Monsters, Horror and Firefly figures.

Zica KILLED it with their Six Million Dollar Man line. Having them sculpted by an old Kenner sculptor was the way to go.

Last edited: