Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Reaction score
Seriously a joke and a slap in the face. All their figures should have been like $7-8 for Black Friday. They would have sold boatloads, I cannot fathom how they stand pat like this with their absurd prices and expect collectors to come running. I personally hope BF was a total failure for them. They will fold as a company soon if they keep on this path.
Yeah, if they'd done a proper sale I'd have bought the stuff I've skipped since the price jump. Which, is this list:

They Live - Ghoul
They Live - Female Ghoul
They Live - Black and White Ghoul
They Live - Black and White Female Ghoul
Megadeth - Vic
Transformers - Soundwave
Transformers - Starscream
Transformers - Bumblebee
Transformers - Jazz
Transformers - Megatron
Transformers - Optimus Prime
Universal Monsters - Invisible Man
Universal Monsters - Bride of Frankenstein
Universal Monsters - Dracula
Universal Monsters - Phantom
Universal Monsters - Frankenstein
Universal Monsters - Creature
Universal Monsters - Glow in the Dark Dracula
Universal Monsters - Glow in the Dark Bride of Frakenstein
Universal Monsters - Glow in the Dark Frankenstein
Universal Monsters - Glow in the Dark Creature
Ninja Turtles - Bebop
Ninja Turtles - Rocksteady
Robocop - Glow in the Dark
Robocop - Glow in the Dark Battle Damage
Robocop - Glow in the Dark Emil Antonowsky
Pee-Wee - Pee-Wee Herman
Pee-Wee - Captain Carl
Pee-Wee - Conky
Pee-Wee - Chairry
Pee-Wee - Magic Screen
Pee-Wee - Randy and Billy

So that's 32 figures I'd have normally bought at $15 a piece. Meaning, if they'd just kept charging $15 each, they'd have made $480 (forget tax and shipping since they don't keep that) from me that this move has cost them.

So they have to be making more out of the extra $3 per from everyone who hasn't quit to justify that. It's a 20% increase, so I think the math would be that they have to lose less than 20% of their sales for this to work in their favor. They've lost 100% of mine, in many ways they're doing me a favor.

Reaction score
Yeah, if they'd done a proper sale I'd have bought the stuff I've skipped since the price jump. Which, is this list:

They Live - Ghoul
They Live - Female Ghoul
They Live - Black and White Ghoul
They Live - Black and White Female Ghoul
Megadeth - Vic
Transformers - Soundwave
Transformers - Starscream
Transformers - Bumblebee
Transformers - Jazz
Transformers - Megatron
Transformers - Optimus Prime
Universal Monsters - Invisible Man
Universal Monsters - Bride of Frankenstein
Universal Monsters - Dracula
Universal Monsters - Phantom
Universal Monsters - Frankenstein
Universal Monsters - Creature
Universal Monsters - Glow in the Dark Dracula
Universal Monsters - Glow in the Dark Bride of Frakenstein
Universal Monsters - Glow in the Dark Frankenstein
Universal Monsters - Glow in the Dark Creature
Ninja Turtles - Bebop
Ninja Turtles - Rocksteady
Robocop - Glow in the Dark
Robocop - Glow in the Dark Battle Damage
Robocop - Glow in the Dark Emil Antonowsky
Pee-Wee - Pee-Wee Herman
Pee-Wee - Captain Carl
Pee-Wee - Conky
Pee-Wee - Chairry
Pee-Wee - Magic Screen
Pee-Wee - Randy and Billy

So that's 32 figures I'd have normally bought at $15 a piece. Meaning, if they'd just kept charging $15 each, they'd have made $480 (forget tax and shipping since they don't keep that) from me that this move has cost them.

So they have to be making more out of the extra $3 per from everyone who hasn't quit to justify that. It's a 20% increase, so I think the math would be that they have to lose less than 20% of their sales for this to work in their favor. They've lost 100% of mine, in many ways they're doing me a favor.
Yep - they have lost 100% of my business as well. I'm with you on many of your choices, though I'm really bummed I can't buy any of the Universal Monsters stuff. I have such an affinity for that whole universe and they are just pissing away profit and money. $18 a pop - my a**.

Reaction score
Price increase definitely kept me from buying pee wee figures. I was already super picky at $15.

Reaction score
Super7 is having a Buy 5 get 1 Free special for ReAction figures for today only. That brings them back down to their original $15.00 each price if you buy them in 6 figure increments. They also put up some more Blue Card Alien figures: Ripley, Dallas with correct color clothes, and a Bloody Alien with the inner jaw extended.

Reaction score
Super7 is having a Buy 5 get 1 Free special for ReAction figures for today only. That brings them back down to their original $15.00 each price if you buy them in 6 figure increments. They also put up some more Blue Card Alien figures: Ripley, Dallas with correct color clothes, and a Bloody Alien with the inner jaw extended.
So weird that the bloody Alien has red blood though, what gives with that!? I hate their ridiculously inaccurate schemes that totally stray from the source material. Just make the Alien look like the Alien. One translucent one is cool I guess, but why make 10 different Aliens? It becomes old hat very fast and it clearly just a money making scheme for the sculpting molds that they paid for. If that Alien had green blood, I actually might buy the Holiday Set, but it's so off-putting to me when the other figures are perfectly matched to the film.

Reaction score
The red blood is supposed to be human blood(I'm assuming from Brett) that spattered all over the Alien(even though we didn't actually see that in the film) after the Alien attacked.
Interesting point - I suppose I can buy that! Makes sense it's just hard to see any human blood on the Alien with the color wash of the film and the Alien suit being black. It stands to reason lots of human blood got on that thing.

Reaction score
No doubt, Super7 gets really creative with their variants and they really do milk their molds for all they're worth.

I'm actually skipping the translucent figures from here on out due to the fact that they have a really strong plastic smell that I just don't like.

I did take advantage of(or got taken advantage of) their buy 5 ReAction figures get 1 free offer that they had today.

Someone, please help me. I bought Transformers ReAction figures and I enjoyed it! I am not myself! I was never a Transformers fan before but I really like the look of the ReAction Transformers. I'm doomed. :)

Reaction score
The Beastman is a great figure. I have 4 of the variants: Wave1 , Blind Box non-translucent, Blue Armor, and the weapons pack version with Yellow armor.

Reaction score
Bad news...Super 7 is ending the Reaction MOTU line. The last releases are Battle Cat & Panthor. I wish they would have done a final wave of figures since we still need Man-E-Faces, Webstor, Moss Man, Fisto, Clawfull, Whiplash, King Hiss, Roboto, Two-Bad and more.

Utinniii

Reaction score
The line actually had a pretty good run for a Reaction line. I wonder if raised prices have affected sales.

Reaction score
That is curious, I figured that, if anything, was one of their stronger licenses.
Myself I wonder if the character choices played a role. I mean if they only release four or so new figures a year, and they keep trying to get mileage out of the old molds, so we get he-man with new hat, or beast-man in a slightly different shade of red; I imagine collectors attention starts to drift. I do really wish they'd done a flocked moss man though.

I had a thought about the raised prices, that they did so a month or so before the holidays, so they could have holiday sales all over the place but essentially only be cutting the prices back down to retail. Which interestingly is what they did. It's a little blatant if that's the case, that's an old sales trick. "Add $XX and then discount it $XX".

Reaction score
It's befitting the last two sets they're releasing are repaints of two figures they've repainted multiple times. And the cats... which are repaints of each other.

Reaction score
Not Funko, but I saw a new company is releasing an Alien line totally inspired by the 90s with neon colors and a purple Queen alien that is huge. The figures themselves look articulated well and have pulse rifles with the usual colonial marine attire, but with the 90s color decos. I saw a motorcycle in the one as well. It has me intrigued - the company is Lanard toys, they've recently done the Rampage movie figures, Jumanji, and the Kong: Skull Island ones. Those both offered some interesting toys, so I'll be curious to see these Aliens ones. Here's the article:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/join-dark-rey-for-a-high-price-and-more-of-the-most-vi-1840032833

Honestly looks so much better than the Funko stuff and better quality too. I really hope they do the films instead of this generic and colorful stuff, but I love what's coming so far. LOADS of potential here...
found these yesterday in my local Walmart. they had them all except the Alien Queen. The APC is a nice underscaled vehicle. it features movable canons and an opening cockpit to hold 2 of the Marines.

Reaction score
Bad news...Super 7 is ending the Reaction MOTU line. The last releases are Battle Cat & Panthor. I wish they would have done a final wave of figures since we still need Man-E-Faces, Webstor, Moss Man, Fisto, Clawfull, Whiplash, King Hiss, Roboto, Two-Bad and more.
Super7 lost the MOTU license so they can't produce any MOTU be it the ReAction MOTU or their larger scale MOTU figures. Brian Flynn posted on the Super7 Instagram page that he hopes to be able to make MOTU toys again someday.

Mattel simply took back the license from Super7. I guess Mattel doesn't want Super7 MOTU to be competition for their own upcoming MOTU line(s).

The funny thing is, I think a lot of people(like myself) only buy the ReAction MOTU figures and not the larger scale MOTU lines, so in reality, ReAction MOTU aren't actually competition, so I think Mattel is unnecessarily cutting off a revenue source. I really don't think Mattel is going to start producing ReAction style MOTU figures.

Reaction score
found these yesterday in my local Walmart. they had them all except the Alien Queen. The APC is a nice underscaled vehicle. it features movable canons and an opening cockpit to hold 2 of the Marines.

Did you happen to notice the price for the 2-pack sets? Also, I don't remember there being an APC, only a motorcycle. What else was included with the APC?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Did you happen to notice the price for the 2-pack sets? Also, I don't remember there being an APC, only a motorcycle. What else was included with the APC?

Thanks.

I did some digging and found lots of new info showing new sets on the Lanard Toys Aliens:

Reaction score
This is a bummer about MOTU. With the price increase it was the only part of the line I'd planned on really sticking with, and now it's gone. Looks like I have a complete set. I wonder if they'll manage to bring it back later on...

Reaction score
Awesome pics, DarkArtist!

Thanks for the info on the Readysetz Space Command set. It works really well with both the Aliens and the Transformers.

Reaction score
Super 7 have become my new favourite since they've ramped up their ReAction line. Recently got their 5 Archie figures - absolutely amazing! Looking forward to their Thundercats 3'3/4" line and whatever else they have in store. Would've liked to see more She-ra stuff but I suppose that's all been cancelled now. Still holding out for "V" 1984 figured and more 70s / 80s tv stuff.

Reaction score
Battle Cat and Panthor are the first reaction items I’ve bought since the price increase. They really are great... I got an email from a few days ago them saying that “limited quantities are available.” I wonder if these are going to be underproduced because of the license ending or if they’re just trying to boost sales...

Reaction score
took some pics of the Lanard Xenomorph sets: the background is the Readysetz Space Command set

Thanks for close-ups of these new Lanard toys. They just look really fun all around. I'm so surprised that they got the license but I'm guessing they only own general 'likeness' and not actual actor likenesses - hence the generic look of any of the human figures. A bummer that APC is so small, but it's very cool. I also love that they included the sentry gun - that thing is only a deleted scene and Cameron cut from Aliens when they run out of ammo outside the welded perimeter. That's a great nod to the true fans of the series.

Reaction score
Finally - these things have been in development for a freaking eternity. I'll bet now that another company is spinning out product that's so much cheaper Super 7 was forced to get it out quicker. I WAS excited for the Aliens figure designs, but at these prices? I don't even know if I'll buy any. What a rip-off.....