Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Reaction score
Odd question: are the ReAction figures about the same size as vintage Kenner Star Wars? I got several of the ReAction horror figures for my nephew. He, unfortunately, lost the Michael Myers knife during a move and I wanted to make him a new one. Want it to be a surprise gift, but not exactly sure how big to make it. Was thinking of just making it fit a Star Wars figure's hand.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Odd question: are the ReAction figures about the same size as vintage Kenner Star Wars? I got several of the ReAction horror figures for my nephew. He, unfortunately, lost the Michael Myers knife during a move and I wanted to make him a new one. Want it to be a surprise gift, but not exactly sure how big to make it. Was thinking of just making it fit a Star Wars figure's hand.
hat will work. I would also check out dollar stores. Some army figures come with knives.
T

Reaction score
hat will work. I would also check out dollar stores. Some army figures come with knives.
T
hanks for the info. Also (not) "good" to see the issue with the first letter of a Reply going to the second line is not just me!) :grin:
T

Never thought of dollar store possibilities. I appreciate the suggestion!

Reaction score
Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Crystal figure order - a couple were being pushed out to possibly November. I immediately zipped to the local FYE, and picked up the missing figures ($12 each), luckily they had a few left, including the two I needed to complete a set. I don't think I have a favorite - they are all expertly sculpted. The Hunter is just on another level though. Seems like a number of stores have sold out of them, and many online retailers have switched to back-ordered status. I also picked up the FYE exclusive Deet POP, which glows in the dark (normally $15, on sale for $10). She also has wings, which the regular version does not. The baby Nurlock, is just as much a draw as Deet - I love these bonuses that come with some POPs. I far prefer the action figures over POPs, but its the Dark Crystal! I bought all the figures, but I don't think I'll buy all the POPs, unless I dedicate another room to my collection, lol...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder if the price increase might be tariff related?
I thought it might be, but then why are some new figures $15, some are $18, and some are $20...also if it was as simple as blaming the trade war, I’d think Bryan Flynn would be doing so at every chance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought it might be, but then why are some new figures $15, some are $18, and some are $20...also if it was as simple as blaming the trade war, I’d think Bryan Flynn would be doing so at every chance.
The Tariffs were pushed back till later in the year so aren't affecting prices yet. With an election coming up next year, it is likely they'll be delayed some more.

Reaction score
The Tariffs were pushed back till later in the year so aren't affecting prices yet. With an election coming up next year, it is likely they'll be delayed some more.
I was under the impression that only some of the tariffs were pushed, I know they were on electronics, but I don't think they were on everything.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link... so probably not tariffs then.

Also suggesting that this isn't tariffs, is that the Pee Wee's Playhouse figures went up for sale today and are the regular $14.99.

So, just a little price gouging on the exclusives to see what they can get away with I suppose?

Last edited:
Reaction score
BigBadToyStore has the new Aliens figures up for pre-order for $17.99 each with a December release date. They also have MOTU Skeletor & Panthor and He-Man & Battlecat Two-Packs for pre-order at $34.99 each and they too have a December release date. No pictures of any of these items yet. We'll probably get to see them revealed at New York Comic Con.

I don't know what to make of the price increases and I don't think anyone knows at this point. We're all just speculating right now, but we will probably find out at NYCC if someone asks Mr. Flynn the reason(s) for the increases.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its worth considering that $17.99 could just include BBTS-tax.

I'll be interested to see how they do battlecat and panthor.

Reaction score
Big Bad Toy Store listed a bunch of new reaction stuff:
MLB Mascots
NBA Players
Beavis & Butt-Head
TMNT Characters

No pictures, so presumably they will be shown at NYCC. Unfortunately the newer 17.99 price seems to be permanent. I'm not sure I can continue being all-in as 14.99 was already pushing it for 5POA. Hasbro figures are starting to look like a bargain again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No pictures, so presumably they will be shown at NYCC. Unfortunately the newer 17.99 price seems to be permanent. I'm not sure I can continue being all-in as 14.99 was already pushing it for 5POA. Hasbro figures are starting to look like a bargain again.
I feel the same way. At an absolute minimum I'm going to be more selective about what I buy, and the days of collecting Sepia and Black and White and Glow-in-the-Dark and Bloody variants is probably over for me at that price.

And if enough people feel the same way that their volume drops by more than this increase in price generates, this will be bad for a small company.

Reaction score
I was just on Super7's store, and holy crap, everything's gone up to $18 each. And here I thought it was just BBTS tacking a few extra bucks on.
$18 is quite a bit for what you get, specialty item or not. It's going to have to be something of a special property to get me to bite on future Reaction figures.

Reaction score
Actually that said, Super7 if you're listening, I absolutely would pay $18 each for Willow figures. I don't even care; I want Willow figures.

Reaction score
I was considering getting the Pee Wee's Playhouse figures, even though Conky is way too tall (he should only come up to Pee Wee's shoulders), but at $18 each, that just made them a pass.
The price increase is definitely going to affect my purchases with Super7.

I was already losing some interest with them putting a lot of focus on heavy metal / punk figures, masked wrestlers, movies I care nothing about like Rocky and Breakin', and properties that don't really fit my basic idea of 3.75" figures like Robotech, Shogun Warriors, and Transformers.
Don't care about Archie or Peanuts.
Don't care about baseball, unless they do Wade Boggs and Roger Clemens in Boston uniforms.
Don't care about basketball, unless they make a Charles Barkley who I would have to get to play ball against a Godzilla figure.

I have some interest in their TMNT figures, but I was less than thrilled with the size of the SDCC figures, which I'm guessing will be the same figures released single carded (though probably repainted).
They look less like teenage mutant ninja turtles and more like some other adult ReAction figure wearing a large TMNT costume.

At $18 everything I consider buying from them will really have to "wow" me.
Honestly it seems like the more and more stuff they put out, or announce, the less and less that applies to.

Reaction score
Some of their assortments are simply too niche and hold limited interest among collectors, so they are likely produced in smaller batches, bumping the prices up. Not to mention license fees. Its clear they can produce figures with more detail and more articulation for less - look at the Dark Crystal Resistance line @ $12. We know the Reaction line tends to hold that 80s aesthetic, but with some of their oddball choices, it seems more like they're trying to create an obscure "art" line of figures. I wouldn't be surprised to see them become more limited with a higher pricepoint next year - they're probably testing the limits of collectors now, to see if they can hit $20 and still be profitable.

Reaction score
I was just on Super7's store, and holy crap, everything's gone up to $18 each. And here I thought it was just BBTS tacking a few extra bucks on.
$18 is quite a bit for what you get, specialty item or not. It's going to have to be something of a special property to get me to bite on future Reaction figures.
It's entirely too much. I'm seriously considering ditching the line at that price. $15 was already pushing it.

Reaction score
Wow, that's a pretty drastic price hike for 5 POA figures. I still need to get about 6 more MOTU figures and wave 2 of POTA. I may have to try other sources fr cheaper prices.

Reaction score
Wow, that's a pretty drastic price hike for 5 POA figures. I still need to get about 6 more MOTU figures and wave 2 of POTA. I may have to try other sources fr cheaper prices.
It looks like previously released reaction stuff is still the old prices on BBTS, including POTA wave 2 (which I highly recommend!) and the most recent MOTU.

Reaction score
Thanks, I noticed that last night. I'll be using BBTS to get caught up! Except for Stinkor which I'll have to order from S7.

Reaction score
Received an email from BBTS that my Ozzy Osborn pre-order was canceled due to licensing issues.

Reaction score
Received an email from BBTS that my Ozzy Osborn pre-order was canceled due to licensing issues.
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Waiting for my Gold poster design Kane figure from Alien...I actually have that one-sheet. The original tag line was “a word of warning”...Alien. Wish they would have included that on the pkging.

Reaction score
The glow in the dark Robocop and Universal Monsters mark the first variants from properties I collect that I’m passing on.

$18 is too much to be buying the same figure over and over. I kinda hope the higher prices backfire and they lose enough volume that they walk this back some.

Reaction score
The glow in the dark Robocop and Universal Monsters mark the first variants from properties I collect that I’m passing on.

$18 is too much to be buying the same figure over and over. I kinda hope the higher prices backfire and they lose enough volume that they walk this back some.
Me too - these prices are absolutely laughable. $18 for a 5POA toy is atrocious to me. They'll certainly find out soon enough just how many people actually buy into this crap. I'm guessing hardly anyone and steep discounts are coming on their website or even at shops that sell these.

Reaction score
The higher prices likely drive away the casual fans as well, I'm willing to bet that 5 POA 3.75 figures over $10 alone will reduce sales for a good number of consumers. Once you factor in tax and shipping (if they aren't available locally), you might eliminate a significant portion of collectors.

Reaction score
The higher prices likely drive away the casual fans as well, I'm willing to bet that 5 POA 3.75 figures over $10 alone will reduce sales for a good number of consumers. Once you factor in tax and shipping (if they aren't available locally), you might eliminate a significant portion of collectors.
I certainly consider myself to be much more than a casual collector, and the over $10 for 5poa figures that are designed to look retro and therefore don't have much going for them aesthetically (which is why I liked them, don't get me wrong), pushed me away. There are definitely some that I'd like to get like Robocop and some others, but then I look at the price plus shipping and I just think, no way. I'd love to get some of the Aliens figures when those come out, but again, price will probably keep me away.

Reaction score
There are a lot of Reaction figures that I still want but at $18 + tax, I'm not sure that I want to continue buying these. I still need the last wave of MOTU, Wave 2 of POTA, 4 more Dark Crystal figures and wanted to get some more Alien figures.

Reaction score
I'll definitely start skipping most of the repaints at this price point. It's kind of taken all the fun out of picking these up. I imagine the amount of properties he is pumping out now will start to dwindle as more people walk away.

BBTS threw more pre-orders up for new TMNT and Peanuts characters. Still no pictures, maybe they won't be revealed until Toy Fair in February.

Utinniii

Reaction score
At least EE offers free shipping for orders over $70, I think. There at least one can get other franchise figures to fill up the order. Doesn't help us Canucks though. I have to rely on seconds from Ebay. $20+ for these figures are way too much.