Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Reaction score
Yeah, according to Amazon at least, its the 10th - apparently the POPs are out already though. The action figures seem to have an MSRP of $10-12. I'm curious if these will actally show up at major retailers - for the original Dark Crystal line, I had to buy it at a small retailer, and TRU only had the two larger exclusives.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Thanks both of you.
Amazon.ca doesn't list them yet. We might not get them. I hope we do. I had to get a couple of scummers to help me out with the last ones. As much as I really appreciated the help, they wound up being expensive with shipping and conversion.

Amazon.com has the Silk Spitters, Deet and Argura for $9.88. I would think that the Spinner figure would be the one people would buy multiples of.
These work out to $20 a figure for me. I think I will wait til next week to see if I can get them in Canada.

On another note, an Ebay seller has a bunch of Reaction figures, including exclusives for $5-6. There were some cool Aliens and other things. I got an extra Metaluna Mutant, Misfits and Redwolf. I restrained myself from getting more. The translucent Alien figures and getting an extra Nosferatu, Maria, and a couple more Metaluna Mutants were very tempting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Having just watched the Dark Crystal on Netflix I'm really excited to be able to not find these figures in retail. When are they supposed to come out?
Oddly enough, I bought (what I assume is all) six of them at my local comic shop two days ago.

Reaction score
For all Funko's (IMO) quality issues with their action figures, they were always heavy handed with distribution for the most part; which did make for a nice experience, just being able to walk into a store and pick up what you want off the peg and buy it. What a concept. Hasbro.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Should I have been worried? I honestly didn't even know they were making these until I wandered into the shop and saw them. I stopped following Funko after they got out of ReAction.
f you live in the States and don't care if the bubbles fall off they there wasn't a problem. I still don't see them listed in Canada yet. Reaction is hard to find here and usually with jacked up prices.
I

Reaction score
f you live in the States and don't care if the bubbles fall off they there wasn't a problem. I still don't see them listed in Canada yet. Reaction is hard to find here and usually with jacked up prices.
I
Yep, that's me. I live in Chicago and open everything.

Reaction score
amazon says they aren't suppose to be released until the 12th, I'm sure Canada & others will follow accordingly.

Reaction score
Today was the slated release day for the Dark Crystal action figures and POPs, but it seems like not many stores got the memo, lol. Apparently Target doesn't carry them at all, and WM only has them on their website. I ordered some on Amazon that were $9.88, and only the spider shipped. The others are in limbo, and their pages have been marked, "
Usually ships within 1 to 2 months. "

If they don't ship this week, I'll have to cancel and look for an alternative - I'm certainly not missing anything from the action figure line. I haven't seen the POPs anywhere, only the exclusive Mira at Hot Topic seems to be available. No Chamberlain at Target, and no glow-in-the-dark Deet at FYE. Likewise, no sign of the regular wave anywhere.

Utinniii

Reaction score
As of my timestamp, these are not available on Amazon.ca, Walmart.ca, and TRU.ca.

Also. looking at the prices being asked for the original figures, I don't mind paying what I did. $130 for the Garthim and $290 of the strider.

Reaction score
Big Bad Toy Store seems to still have some of these Dark Crystal figures in stock. My loot box is currently shipping and should receive them this week.

Reaction score
I received my first Dark Crystal Resistance figure, the Silk Spitter (spider) - huge improvements in quality compared to the previous DC basic line. These feature much more articultion (12 POA specifically for this figure), and higher quality plastic. I recall for the previous line, some of my figures felt like their neck or limbs would snap right off if too much pressure was applied. The MSRP appears to be $12, but I found some characters on Amazon for $10 - and for either price, its especially a good deal for this size figure. I wish other companies like Hasbro could release a creature this size for that pricepoint. Funko is doing a superior job in that regard. While only having one figure so far, I am extremely excited for the rest of the lineup, and I hope to see another wave at some point!

Reaction score
There are a bunch of new ReAction figures up for preorder at BBTS, but they’re all $17.99... has anyone heard any rumblings about a price hike? $18 each is extreme.

Reaction score
There are a bunch of new ReAction figures up for preorder at BBTS, but they’re all $17.99... has anyone heard any rumblings about a price hike? $18 each is extreme.
Very sad even with the price hike they can't afford pictures of the actual product :)

Reaction score
Aughra is the same price as the others, I think they balanced the wave by having three small figures, and three large, to hit the $12 pricepoint (at least in the US). I believe a case has two of each, at least that's what I've spotted at a store. My Aughra hasn't arrived though, so I'm not sure how hefty she is, though I imagine her bottom half is hollow. My Rian and Hup showed up, so that makes three for me thus far - word of caution, Hup's knees feel painted shut, so be careful not to snap one of his legs off!

As for the prices of Reaction figures - I thought $15 was really pushing it, but $18 is ridiculous for a simply sculpted 5 POA figure. Oddly enough, the Dark Crystal Resistance figures have more POA, and are at a lower pricepoint - perhaps they were produced in larger numbers to make up for the price difference. Some of the Reaction figures might be limited runs, because demand isnt high.

Last edited:
Reaction score
honestly, I have't bought a ReAction figure since they went up from $10. These are atrociously priced anymore, I won't ever buy one again if they keep up this crap. The charm is over for me personally. The only ones I even want are the Aliens ones, which they had previewed the Marines and they are nowhere to be found or haven't even been released yet. But they can make 15 Misfits figures? I get it's one mold, but come on. These are just getting lame at this point.

Reaction score
Toywiz has the Aliens figures up for pre-order with a March release date so they are apparently still going to be released but not for a while yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Super7 posted pictures and details on the Pee-Wee's Playhouse figures on their facebook page. They're nicely done, not my cup of tea; but credit where its due, this is I feel a pretty clever idea, the cardbacks all have sections of the Playhouse on the back. So you cut them together for a Playhouse dio. Clever way to get people to buy the whole wave. If they're that dedicated to Pee-Wee that is.

Reaction score
They did a Netflix special/movie type deal. It was ok, not particularly memorable but not bad.
I'm not sure if that was them testing the waters, or what the deal was. But I also had heard grumblings of a reboot, originally.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Super7 posted pictures and details on the Pee-Wee's Playhouse figures on their facebook page. They're nicely done, not my cup of tea; but credit where its due, this is I feel a pretty clever idea, the cardbacks all have sections of the Playhouse on the back. So you cut them together for a Playhouse dio. Clever way to get people to buy the whole wave. If they're that dedicated to Pee-Wee that is.
That's interesting, but it just makes me want to go back and collect all those excellent action figures and the actual playhouse. What a fantastic and forgotten toy line!

Reaction score
That's interesting, but it just makes me want to go back and collect all those excellent action figures and the actual playhouse. What a fantastic and forgotten toy line!
Yeah the Matchbox line was very well done. They've commanded a respectable price the last couple of years though.

Reaction score
Its the licences they go after driving the prices up. Instead of cost per line they are spreading it out. 15 is crazy. I am a big metal guy, but after seeing King Diamond and Slayer figures in the shop at 17 dollars each, and Misfits endless variants it scared. Me away from the line. 6 bucks more and i can get something way better. At 10 id collect em all.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
Good-ish news for Canucks. EB Games has the Dark Crystal figures in their system. They don't have a price or sku yet though. I was told by an employee that EB devotes its effort into Fan Expo and it takes a month or so for things to be updated afterwards.
This is the only nibble I have gotten so far beyond Amazon (with the same seller also on Ebay).

Reaction score
Looks like maybe Super 7 sorted out their shipping problems. I ordered the glow-in-the-dark band mascots and the latest in the Fiend-Rainbow yesterday and got a shipping notice same day.

Reaction score
Thanks both of you.
Amazon.ca doesn't list them yet. We might not get them. I hope we do. I had to get a couple of scummers to help me out with the last ones. As much as I really appreciated the help, they wound up being expensive with shipping and conversion.

Amazon.com has the Silk Spitters, Deet and Argura for $9.88. I would think that the Spinner figure would be the one people would buy multiples of.
These work out to $20 a figure for me. I think I will wait til next week to see if I can get them in Canada.

On another note, an Ebay seller has a bunch of Reaction figures, including exclusives for $5-6. There were some cool Aliens and other things. I got an extra Metaluna Mutant, Misfits and Redwolf. I restrained myself from getting more. The translucent Alien figures and getting an extra Nosferatu, Maria, and a couple more Metaluna Mutants were very tempting.
Thanks for posting this, I ordered a Maria robot and received it today. Oddly enough the deco looks perfectly fine. This figure certainly could fit in with Kenner era SW figures, though its made of brittle plastic compared to the softer type that Kenner used. As soon as this figure was announced, I thought it could pass for a McQuarrie concept figure. They're a great novelty, but not something I'd pay $15 for - and with shipping, they're usually $20 on ebay. For $6 though, why not. Interestingly, ebay charged me tax for a Chinese import!

Utinniii

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, I ordered a Maria robot and received it today. Oddly enough the deco looks perfectly fine. This figure certainly could fit in with Kenner era SW figures, though its made of brittle plastic compared to the softer type that Kenner used. As soon as this figure was announced, I thought it could pass for a McQuarrie concept figure. They're a great novelty, but not something I'd pay $15 for - and with shipping, they're usually $20 on ebay. For $6 though, why not. Interestingly, ebay charged me tax for a Chinese import!
Glad I could help. $7-8 bucks is a fair price for these things IMO.
I am sorely tempted to buy multiple Marias and repaint them.

I got Rian and DDT in the mail today. If the price goes down then I want another of her so I can cast her bald head to make more Gelflings.

Last edited: