Super7 & Funko - ReAction 3 3/4" Figures

Reaction score
Starting this as the catch-all for the forthcoming line of ReAction figures from Super7 & Funko.

List of properties officially announced as of 1/6/2014:

• Aliens
  • Back to the Future
  • Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
  • Buffy The Vampire [TV Series]
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Escape From New York
  • Firefly
  • Goonies
  • Horror Icons (Freddy Krueger [A Nightmare on Elm Street], Jason Voorhees [Friday the 13th], Sam [Trick or Treat], Pinhead [Hellraiser] & Michael Myers [Halloween])
  • Predator
  • Pulp Fiction
  • The Rocketeer
  • Star Trek [Classic]
  • The Terminator
  • Terminator 2: Judgement Day
  • Universal Monsters

Official Site: ReAction Figures :: Coming Soon!

The Original Press Release:

Funko and Super7 have announced a new strategic partnership to debut and extend the 3 3/4 Inch ReAction Figure line. ReAction is short for Retro-Action, a Super7 created brand that encapsulates vintage nostalgia in a minimally articulated 3 3/4" action figure format, the type popularized in the '70s. Funko, best known for their plethora of licensed POP! vinyl figures and Wacky Wobblers, shares Super7's unique brand vision in ReAction. Together the two companies will take ReAction to new heights starting with Super7's ALIEN ReAction Figures, slated to hit market this October.

One of the many benefits of the new partnership will be lower product cost for customers. Funko will be able to produce in much larger quantities and wider distribution, bringing the price of each ALIEN ReAction figure down from $19.95 to a SRP of $14.95. For those that already pre-ordered the five figure set at $100, an arrangement has been made to provide those pre-orders with an additional, secret figure. The figure will not be available anywhere else and will only be made available to those who pre-ordered the ALIEN sets from Super7 (all pre-orders are long since closed.) This is Super7's way of saying "thank you" to everyone who believed in the project and pre-ordered ahead of time, being part of the excitement of the release of this long-awaited line of figures.

ALIEN ReAction, however, is just the tip of the iceberg for the series. Super7 x FUNKO ReAction Figures will take the "what if" possibilities of many, many hot licenses and reimagine them as 3 3/4" ReAction collectibles. What if Escape From New York had a ReAction line? Predator? Those are just two confirmed properties that will receive the ReAction treatment. Funko's president Brian Mariotti informed me that fans can expect 12 -14 series starting in 2014. In addition to Escape From New York and Predator look forward to 1984's The Terminator, Firefly,Goonies, ALIENS, Buffy The Vampire TV Series, and Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. And those are just the licenses Brian Mariotti was allowed to share presently. Prepare for a blast from the past, ReAction Figures are going to redefine nostalgia.

UPDATE 9/9: A few more Super7 x FUNKO ReAction Figures more licenses have been announced. These include Universal Monsters, Back to the Future, The Dark Crystal and Terminator 2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
while all that's awesome, these are max $8/fig

would I pay $20 for similar predator figures? (asked nobody ever)

no I don't think so

Do you think they'll just redo 90's predator toys?

Reaction score
while all that's awesome, these are max $8/fig

would I pay $20 for similar predator figures? (asked nobody ever)

no I don't think so

Do you think they'll just redo 90's predator toys?
I'm fine with the price. Smaller runs, all new sculpts (even if they are simpler and 5 POA). $10 would be awesome, and maybe if they're able to start selling these at TRU pr something we'll get there. But whatever, between paying $20 per and not having them at all, I'll pay the $20.

Kenner 90's Predator redux? I doubt it. If the Alien line is the template, it'll be 4-5 figures based directly on the characters from the movies.

My guesses for a few of them:

BttF: Marty McFly, Doc Brown, Biff Tannen, Mr. Strickland and.. Lorraine, maybe?
The Dark Crystal: Jen, Kira (w/ Fizzgig), Aughra, Chamberlain, a Garthim, a Longstrider, a Mystic and some Pod People - basically this
Escape
: Snake Plissken, Hauk, The Duke, Brain & Maggie (possible re-use of HDS face sculpt for a Brett figure for a Alien Wave 2); could also see them doing Borgnine's Cabbie or the President.
Firefly: Captain Mal, Jayne, Wash, River, Inara and... a Reaver, maybe?
Goonies:
Mikey, Chunk, Mouth, Data, Sloth & (maybe) Mama Fratelli
Predator: The Predator, Dutch, Blaine, Mac, Billy and Dillon. if they just complete the whole squad in one go, that'd be spectacular.
Terminator
: The Terminator, Kyle Reese, Sarah Connor, Lieutenant Ed Traxler and Bill Paxton's Punk
T2: The Terminator, Sarah Connor, John Connor, T-1000 and Miles Dyson

Last edited:
Reaction score
These figures are probably all gonna be in 70's 80's Kenner style like the alien figures. Also I would think if they catch on and do well they may become cheaper, kinda like pop bobble heads... They already dropped to $15 by just having funko team up with them.

Reaction score
I love these! I'm all for a lower price too if that happens. I am really excited for what they are mentioning. I never would have thought that these figures from Alien would see the light of day! And now there is talk of The Dark Crystal, Back to the Future, Classic Star Trek, etc! All in the same scale! Suddenly I'm 6 years old again ready to fill my space case up with these things! I only hope that someone will revive the old Playset concept from the 70s and 80s too! I have not been this inspired or excited for a line of action figures like this in years! There is entirely too much negativity being directed towards 5 POA action figures by collectors. Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters have zero POA and they have pretty much decimated action figure sales the last couple of years!

Reaction score
I love these! I'm all for a lower price too if that happens. I am really excited for what they are mentioning. I never would have thought that these figures from Alien would see the light of day! And now there is talk of The Dark Crystal, Back to the Future, Classic Star Trek, etc! All in the same scale! Suddenly I'm 6 years old again ready to fill my space case up with these things! I only hope that someone will revive the old Playset concept from the 70s and 80s too! I have not been this inspired or excited for a line of action figures like this in years! There is entirely too much negativity being directed towards 5 POA action figures by collectors. Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters have zero POA and they have pretty much decimated action figure sales the last couple of years!
Oh dude... I might have to get a space case. I remember that thing fondly.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNDU0/z/jIQAAOxyNo9Sp~77/$_3.JPG

Reaction score
That's just like the one I used to have! Ah, the memories. I can't tell you how much I'd love to have the Super 7 "Big Chap" Alien hanging out in the trash compactor with the dianoga waiting for some unsuspecting victims in my old Deathstar Playset. Would have been some good times! Why nobody has had the foresight to make an alien egg chamber with slime similar to the Masters of the Universe Slimepit is beyond me!

Reaction score
Initially I was super excited about this announcement... but I'd rather see more modern sculpt and paint. Just like the Saga Legends line, actually. That line's sensibilities, with these properties equals my cranky wife. :)

Reaction score
Initially I was super excited about this announcement... but I'd rather see more modern sculpt and paint. Just like the Saga Legends line, actually. That line's sensibilities, with these properties equals my cranky wife. :)
No way. Retro movies, retro figure style. It's as if the lines were actually made when the movies were new. Awesome stuff, and refreshing that they aren't modern statues that get spaghetti limbed if you breathe on them too much.

Ian

Reaction score
I'm not going to judge until they're actually in front of me but I have to admit there is a part of me that wonders how well the "retro" thing will translate to slightly newer properties and even some of the older ones (Firefly and Buffy come to mind or even the one I personally wish to see come to life in plastic: Twin Peaks!) I really love the Alien ones because they have the actual historical "uproduced" authenticity to them but the further you get from the actual era and any unproduced status (so again, we did get various toy incarnations of some of those properties already in a more recent sculpting style) I wonder if the sense of connecting with that era will be diminished. So if they were to tackle some of the unproduced Star Wars characters, ok, maybe that would be awesome...ok who am I kidding, that would be totally awesome!!! Because some were actually floated back then or we can imagine they would have been if the line had continued (the historical connection in toy-dom). But others...not so much. That's how I feel anyway, but maybe I'm one who is more into that authenticity factor than others who just love the 70's/80's aesthetic are.

Reaction score
I think that is the biggest unknown at this point - how well they can capture the aesthetic of the late 70s/early 80s Kenner design style. They "done good" with the Alien line, but they had something to go off of.

Be interesting to see their process on these:

• Are they just swimming in Vintage Kenner lines right now?
  • Are their offices filled with Butch & Sundance, Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures?
  • Are they looking at Mego, Tomy, Remco, Gabriel and Mattel toys too, or is Kenner the dominant guideline?
  • Are they using actual vintage Kenner sculptors and or methods?
I'd love to know more.

Also, as we started discussing in the Alien thread, I'd love to see any of the following:

• Planet of the Apes
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Blade Runner
  • The Matrix
  • The Thing
  • CE3K
  • Ghostbusters
  • The Fifth Element
  • Labyrinth
  • Dune

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you read Adam P's latest Q&A, but he also mentioned Freddy and Jason as part of the Reaction line. So maybe add those to the list?
Also, I could've sworn I saw that Classic Star Trek was confirmed by Funko?

Reaction score
Not sure if any of you read Adam P's latest Q&A, but he also mentioned Freddy and Jason as part of the Reaction line. So maybe add those to the list?
Also, I could've sworn I saw that Classic Star Trek was confirmed by Funko?
Added - I think I read that too - and maybe Blade Runner was already confirmed too?

EDIT: Here they are: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=45612

Sounds like it might be a "Horror" Wave, like the Universal Monsters one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sinkie summed it up so much better than I did.
there is a part of me that wonders how well the "retro" thing will translate to slightly newer properties and even some of the older ones... I really love the Alien ones because they have the actual historical "uproduced" authenticity to them but the further you get from the actual era and any unproduced status... I wonder if the sense of connecting with that era will be diminished.
The other thing to consider is the difference between the first run of Kenner Star Wars figures and what we got from the Power of the Force line at the end of its run. My Jedi figures have always been my favourite over the earlier ones, in no small part due to what I consider to be superior sculpt and paint.

That said, the precedent has really been set by the Alien wave, and to maintain internal consistency within the line (which is a massive part of the appeal), I'm pretty sure that this is the style they will stick with. I would just have liked to see something more like what we are seeing with Saga Legends today; moderns sculpt, classic style. I think the more modern head detailing and paint applications for the eyes, in particular, are what I would like to see.

Reaction score
Is anyone else here excited about ZICA's Six Million Dollar Man 3 3/4" figures? I think these will look great right along side all these Funko lines that are being announced. I wonder if all the buzz surrounding these 3 3/4" retro type figures will get Diamond Select Toys thinking about joining in too? That scale would give DST a great time to try their hand at a light and sound Enterprise Bridge Playset!

Reaction score
Is anyone else here excited about ZICA's Six Million Dollar Man 3 3/4" figures? I think these will look great right along side all these Funko lines that are being announced. I wonder if all the buzz surrounding these 3 3/4" retro type figures will get Diamond Select Toys thinking about joining in too? That scale would give DST a great time to try their hand at a light and sound Enterprise Bridge Playset!
I am excited from SMDM, but I'm gonna wait on a few reviews. Sasquatch looks perfect. Apparently a Kenner veteran did the sculpted.

Reaction score
Yeah, looking forward to the 6M$M figures!

The one range I'd love to see would be classic 'V' figures. As I recall there is a scene where Donovan's son is playing with Visitor action figures and a Visitor shuttle. These would be so cool.

And as someone else mentioned, Dune and Krull would be great.

And I'm surprised nobody has mention classic Battlestar Galactica. The Mattel figures were rubbish!

And Last Starfighter anyone...?

Reaction score
I could change my tune if I saw the final product, but I for one don't really want to see them redo something that was already done in that era, (Battlestar was one example I had thought of but dismissed from my wish list since they were produced). I even thought of Dune but again, they were done back then. Dune though could be one "redo" that might be fun to see done in the Kenner style since the LJN style is odd in scale and execution IMO, though ultimately they are what they are (authentically produced) even if not compatible with many other figures from around that time.

Reaction score
Yeah, looking forward to the 6M$M figures!

The one range I'd love to see would be classic 'V' figures. As I recall there is a scene where Donovan's son is playing with Visitor action figures and a Visitor shuttle. These would be so cool.

And as someone else mentioned, Dune and Krull would be great.

And I'm surprised nobody has mention classic Battlestar Galactica. The Mattel figures were rubbish!

And Last Starfighter anyone...?
Took the words right out of my mouth Mark!

V would be an amazing line! With squad vehicle and skyfighter! Also right down with Last Starfighter too!

To expand on this I would like to see Battle Beyond the Stars too! (No joke!)

Reaction score
Most of you know this, but for those who don't, those figures being played with on V were specifically made for the show and do not exist in the market. Only figure ever made was a 12" Visitor.

Man, wish lists for this line can be endless. I don't see some of them being successful though. Krull would be awesome, but is probably far too niche to ever be able to turn a profit.

I would pay above retail to get my hands on an RJ MacReady, Childs, Blair-Thing, Norris-Thing, Palmer-Thing, Bennings-Thing, Dog-Thing, and anything else from Carpenter's 1982 The Thing.

I really wouldn't mind them re-visiting Clash Of The Titans. Mattel made 4 figures, Pegasus, and the Kraken, but there were SO many others in that movie that would have been cool figures. Zeus, King Acrisius, Medusa, Cerberus, Bubo (as a pack-in), Andromeda, Stygian Witches, etc. Even playsets would work. The giant vulture with cage for Andromeda, a Calibos swamp lair, Medusa's lair, Mount Olympus with a couple of exclusive gods (Poseidon and Hera maybe?), maybe even a Thetis statue with breakaway head and 'opening' eyes.

I will be buying most of the horror lineup for sure. Jason, Freddy, and Michael Myers are guarantees.

They should add Jaws. For 2 years it reigned as the all-time box office champ, and was the first movie to ever hit $200 million. Make Brody, Hooper, Quint, the shark (of course), maybe Ellen Brody and Mayor Vaughan. Mrs. Kessler's baby boy as a shark victim would be neat, but far too gruesome to ever be made. An Orca playset would be awesome.

Man, I could get obscure, and wish for cheesy movies like Spacehunter: Adventures In The Forbidden Zone, Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn, and Megaforce. :) And if we're getting some action movies as well, we need figures from Rambo, Rocky (forget the Jakks 8" line), Braddock from Missing In Action, John McClane from Die Hard, and Riggs & Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon.

They can keep those 90's properties though. Buffy, Firefly, and Pulp Fiction have zero appeal to me. Hell, I'd almsot wish they make those with the 90's perspective on action figures, and make Sam Jackson/John Travolta He-Man figures, with a monkey faced Buffy. :hmm:

Ian

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good call on Clash of the Titans, Jaws, Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Leo Goetz needs a voice chip.

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind a last crusade theme and if we're talking seventies cult I'd love some rocky horror- especially frankenfurter and riff raff :)

Reaction score

I totally agree with one of the comments on there: Buffy is not a 'retro' line. Funko have completely missed the point here. The reason this range has proved popular is because it's given us something that should have been produced back in the day and done authentically.

Buffy and Firefly (as much as I love Firefly) won't look 'right'.

Keep it 70's and 80's Funko, and you won't go far wrong. Although I have the strangest feeling they're going to screw this while 'retro' thing up, but please prove me wrong.

And a Spacehunter: Adventures Beyond the Forbidden Zone range would get my vote too Ian_C!

Reaction score
Don't think it would be a good idea to make Kenner style figures out of every random film or tv property. They should focus soley on stuff that came out in the 80's, since that was the proper era for that style of figure. Hopefully Super7/Funko know how to pick the winners. My choices would be Dark Crystal, Dune, and Blade Runner.

Reaction score
I'll take retros for all era of shows. The X-Files is from the 90's and I have no problems whatsoever with seeing a Kenner styled action figure of both Mulder and Scully! Don't people realize that most of these toys stood absolutely no chance of seeing the light of day? I'm sure not going to gripe about articulation when action figures are going on the brink of extinction. I say bring on the figures and lets try and resurrect a dying hobby. I'd like to see a line for Top Gun too!

Reaction score
Most of you know this, but for those who don't, those figures being played with on V were specifically made for the show and do not exist in the market. Only figure ever made was a 12" Visitor.

Man, wish lists for this line can be endless. I don't see some of them being successful though. Krull would be awesome, but is probably far too niche to ever be able to turn a profit.

I would pay above retail to get my hands on an RJ MacReady, Childs, Blair-Thing, Norris-Thing, Palmer-Thing, Bennings-Thing, Dog-Thing, and anything else from Carpenter's 1982 The Thing.

I really wouldn't mind them re-visiting Clash Of The Titans. Mattel made 4 figures, Pegasus, and the Kraken, but there were SO many others in that movie that would have been cool figures. Zeus, King Acrisius, Medusa, Cerberus, Bubo (as a pack-in), Andromeda, Stygian Witches, etc. Even playsets would work. The giant vulture with cage for Andromeda, a Calibos swamp lair, Medusa's lair, Mount Olympus with a couple of exclusive gods (Poseidon and Hera maybe?), maybe even a Thetis statue with breakaway head and 'opening' eyes.

I will be buying most of the horror lineup for sure. Jason, Freddy, and Michael Myers are guarantees.

They should add Jaws. For 2 years it reigned as the all-time box office champ, and was the first movie to ever hit $200 million. Make Brody, Hooper, Quint, the shark (of course), maybe Ellen Brody and Mayor Vaughan. Mrs. Kessler's baby boy as a shark victim would be neat, but far too gruesome to ever be made. An Orca playset would be awesome.

Man, I could get obscure, and wish for cheesy movies like Spacehunter: Adventures In The Forbidden Zone, Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn, and Megaforce. :) And if we're getting some action movies as well, we need figures from Rambo, Rocky (forget the Jakks 8" line), Braddock from Missing In Action, John McClane from Die Hard, and Riggs & Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon.

They can keep those 90's properties though. Buffy, Firefly, and Pulp Fiction have zero appeal to me. Hell, I'd almsot wish they make those with the 90's perspective on action figures, and make Sam Jackson/John Travolta He-Man figures, with a monkey faced Buffy. :hmm:

Ian
I couldn't agree more about the Clash of the Titans line - its my most hoped for!
Same with Jaws.
I would also like to see Temple of Doom and Last Crusade figures (and more from Raiders!)

Reaction score
In addition to all of you guys' excellent suggestions, I'd love a Gremlins wave:

-Billy Peltzer (Zach Galligan)
-Kate Beringer (Phoebe Cates)
-Mr. Wing (Keye Luke)
-Gizmo (Kenner Yoda-sized...with a wearable-by-Billy plastic knapsack for him to ride in)
-Stripe (Ugnaught-sized)
-generic Gremlin

...and to descend into total absurdity, Murray Futterman (D1ck Miller) and Rand Peltzer (Hoyt Axton). "Kids!! Recreate the thrilling 'Failed attempt to Purchase Gizmo™' scene with your Rand Peltzer™ and Mr. Wing™ figures!"

Even more niche, a wave of new design Fisher-Price Adventure People, continuing their Space/Alien/Robot/etc. theme. Given the F-P Adventure People's place in the history of 3.75" action figures (look no further than here ), it would be a cool nod to pre-Kenner figures in this scale.

Reaction score
Even more niche, a wave of new design Fisher-Price Adventure People, continuing their Space/Alien/Robot/etc. theme. Given the F-P Adventure People's place in the history of 3.75" action figures (look no further than here ), it would be a cool nod to pre-Kenner figures in this scale.
WOW, I never knew about these, really great to still learn stuff like this.

I LOVED the FP Adventure People as a kid, the Christmas I had the Daredevil Sport Van was the best I ever had.

Now those toys were meant to last.