Super Battle Droid - No.12

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
No swivel in the gun arm at all, or it's like the TAC one?
Both the arms swivel at the elbow. The shoulders are ball jointed as well as the torso.

Reaction score
I had him in my hand the other day, and put him back, ok so I was fool, but I didnt want to pay target prices, I'll get him from walmart.

Reaction score
Whoa. I didn't realize the animated style differed so heavily from the more familiar movie version, which is what my earlier comments were directed at. Didn't realize both arms had guns mounted and from looking at it a swivel wouldn't be as essential.

Still, the straight legs will probably make it a pass for me
I'll wait 'til i see one in hand.

Reaction score
The legs don't really bother me because they nailed the overall sculpt. It literally looks like it jumped straight from the screen.

But it won't surprise me if they add knees to the battle droid and this guy down the line, but until then, these guys rock!

Reaction score
DarthZylek said:
The legs don't really bother me because they nailed the overall sculpt. It literally looks like it jumped straight from the screen.

But it won't surprise me if they add knees to the battle droid and this guy down the line, but until then, these guys rock!
the figure's sculpt is pretty awesome I agree it looks like hasbro's best sculpted animated figure, and articulation in the arms is a good on hasbro's part there is no doubt I'll pick up this figure (I might get 4 of him).

Reaction score
I almost think they skipped the knees because of how top heavy he is. He already has some trouble not tipping over I've found and I wonder if knees would have made that worse.

Reaction score
FORUM SNEAK PEEK!

I think this might just be my favorite figure in this line...the Super Battle Droid!

This guy is a REALLY nice figure!

Reaction score
Sweet pics, Curto! Thanks!

The figure looks good, but it would have been perfect if hasbro gave it some knee and ankle joints!

GNT

Reaction score
Awesome pictures Curto, finally some nice hi-res images to study!

Reaction score
cool pics dan, although I must say it's odd that a droid is a star of any figure wave this is surely one of the best clone wars figures.

Reaction score
It's legs looks awfully bendy, are they?

Curto could you post a pic of it with the TAC SBD? I wanna see the size comparison.

Reaction score
man Im so glad the arms swivel into firing position, this thing looks like a brawler, very cool and the gritty look is awesome!

Reaction score
Meh sorry, the lack of knees killed it for me. I may have gotten 2 or so if it had knees. But I can't get past posing them fighting with their legs totally straight.

Reaction score
Hasbro could revisit the Super Battle Droid, give him an exchangeable arm, ball-jointed hips, articulated knees and ankles and glowing eyes/ red circle.

The arm from the commercial reminds me of the SAGA/ ROTS Super Battle Droid's arm.

Reaction score
OK, my SBD is on display in a little battle scene and he keeps falling over! I finally twisted his waist a bit so he was firing from a slightly turned position and that worked for a little longer than straight forward, but he still keeps falling!!! Anybody else have this problem? I know he is a bit top-heavy and may not stay up without a base.

Reaction score
I have 4 of them and not one of them stands up unless you lean it's back on something (I have them against a wall). I have had them fall over probably a hundred times while trying different positions.

Reaction score
Finally got this guy today, aside from some of the shortcomings already mentioned it's a great figure. The SBD design looks great in the animated style, and it was nice to see that his arms swivel to where you can put them in a firing position.

Reaction score
I like the bulky design of these droids, they could be used to make Grapple Droids from the Episode III game.

Reaction score
They dropped the ball on this one by lazing out with the knees. Same with the other BD.

Reaction score
I agree, this figure's pretty awesome regardless! The only thing in my opinion that could have made it better were the glowing eyes it had on the box art and the cartoon previews.

Reaction score
Actually found 1 today (first sign of the new wave that I've seen) hiding at the very back of one of the pegs. It was the only new figs amongst tons of R2s and Anakins.