Studio ghibli fest at Movie Tavern

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Anyone have this happening at their Movie Tavern? I have to drive 20 minutes in the wrong direction from work, but it's worth it. I'm sitting waiting for Nausicaa, my favorite Miyazaki film, to start. Next few months will have Spirited Away, Kiki, Totoro, etc.

Reaction score
The theatre across fim my house has them playing constantly. We just saw Tororo not long ago and missed Howls.next up is castle in the sky i beleive

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Going to see The Secret World of Arrietty tomorrow (dubbed Sunday and subtitled Monday), a more recent and beautifully animated Ghibli film based on the book, The Borrowers. Only saw it once, looking forward to it!

Reaction score
Just want to put it out there in case people didn't know. Fathom Events have been doing they Studio Ghibli Fest for a few years now I think. You can enter your zip code and check which theaters are showing their limited screenings every month or so. The movie selection varies a little from year to year.
https://www.fathomevents.com/series/studio-ghibli-fest

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Thanks for that; I didn't realize Fathom had done this before this year! My wife was surprised that Ponyo was missing, and I was hoping Castle in the Sky would be one. Maybe next year!

Reaction score
Thanks for that; I didn't realize Fathom had done this before this year! My wife was surprised that Ponyo was missing, and I was hoping Castle in the Sky would be one. Maybe next year!
I recall going to see Castle in the Sky either last year or the year before, so it's definitely in the rotation.

Reaction score
Actually they have them in rotation quite a bit. We saw Totoro twuce in as many years on the big screen. These movies are brilliant. Castle in the sky and tales of the earthsea are the worst of the lot of them, and that's saying a lot because both filmas are really good. But Spirited Away pulls out all the stops. By far my favorite. I was lucky to pick up on these in the late 80s and have been enjoying each release as they came. Each one seems to burst with creativity. In some parts of the world these outsell Disney movies 3 to 1!

Last edited: