STROBEEONE’S CUSTOM WORK

That even makes force ghost Qui Gonn Michael Scott laugh.
View attachment 479721

Amazing work @Strobeeone , the blending of parts is pure magical. That's a beautiful ship. The GI Joe cockpit parts are perfect. Getting that kind of thing to slide in there takes serious skills. Looks like that was a tight fit. And that thing is bigger than initial pics had me thinking it was. No surprise though, Strobes always leaves us smiling and satisfied! ;) (There's so many opportunities here people......)
1701920990628.jpeg

How did you resize the cockpit?

I disassembled the vehicle again to finish some work on the cargo area & took some pics of the cockpit section piece while it was out. The seats & the gunner station chair I added are more visible in these shots. Also the droid dome attachment. For that I used a nylon nut (white piece) that the BAD domes post fits in perfectly & tight. Surrounding it is a CD/DVD holder center piece. It also acts as the bottom plate for the droid dome. Holding both in place is plastic fusing epoxy.

IMG_5068.jpeg

The dashboard is seen in these shots as well.
IMG_5076.jpeg

IMG_5078.jpeg

IMG_5077.jpeg

When I am finished with the cargo section I will post pics.

Teedo’s Speeder Customs & Repairs has been busy. Many days, many speeders, lots of repairs & custom work…

A basic shield generator keeps the heat out of the shop & offers a nice view of the Tatooine landscape…
IMG_4114 2.jpeg

IMG_6699.jpeg

A special client brought in some recently acquired Clone Wars era vehicles for restoration…
IMG_6700.jpeg

The yellow speeder was brought in by someone stating it belonged to an aide to a Senator of the Republic. It had been stolen & was missing for many years until it was recently found in the lower levels of Coruscant.
IMG_4599.jpeg

IMG_4662.jpeg

IMG_4718.jpeg

Restoration work being performed on a Republic Attack Recon Fighter. Word is it was part of the legendary 501st & supposedly flown by the great warrior Anakin Skywalker…
IMG_4675.jpeg

IMG_4717.jpeg

Repair work being completed on a local farmer’s speeder…
IMG_4721.jpeg

The facilities often need repair work done as well…
IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4723.jpeg

Another 501st vehicle being restored. These Republic Attack Dropships are extremely rare. Apparently they were made in lower numbers & often didn’t return from engagements. Clone Troopers rarely had anything positive to say about them, especially if they spent any time dangling from the rear in the drop racks.
IMG_6698.jpeg

IMG_6697.jpeg

These droids were once strays that now live in the shop…
IMG_4635.jpeg

How long have you all been on break?
IMG_4740.jpeg

Some custom swoop bike work being done…
IMG_4761 2.jpeg

IMG_4601.jpeg

Pit droid making a pit stop…?
IMG_4631.jpeg

IMG_6643.jpeg

IMG_4736.jpeg

How does this work again?
IMG_4629.jpeg

More shots coming soon.

Teedo’s Speeder Customs & Repairs has been busy. Many days, many speeders, lots of repairs & custom work…

A basic shield generator keeps the heat out of the shop & offers a nice view of the Tatooine landscape…
View attachment 480491

View attachment 480492

A special client brought in some recently acquired Clone Wars era vehicles for restoration…
View attachment 480493

The yellow speeder was brought in by someone stating it belonged to an aide to a Senator of the Republic. It had been stolen & was missing for many years until it was recently found in the lower levels of Coruscant.
View attachment 480494

View attachment 480495

View attachment 480496

Restoration work being performed on a Republic Attack Recon Fighter. Word is it was part of the legendary 501st & supposedly flown by the great warrior Anakin Skywalker…
View attachment 480497

View attachment 480498

View attachment 480499

View attachment 480500

View attachment 480511

Another 501st vehicle being restored. These Republic Attack Dropships are extremely rare. Apparently they were made in lower numbers & often didn’t return from engagements. Clone Troopers rarely had anything positive to say about them, especially if they spent any time dangling from the rear in the drop racks.
View attachment 480513

View attachment 480512

View attachment 480514

View attachment 480501

View attachment 480504

View attachment 480505

View attachment 480503

View attachment 480502

View attachment 480510

View attachment 480515

More shots coming soon.
That's some good fun, love that blue Mon Cal and there's so many details. And that cockpit is beautifully detailed, that's really impressive work. I have to ask.....
what?!??.....................is this?!?!?!?....
1702564628084.png

It looks like you took a mudhorn egg and fashioned what appears to be a custom Grimace head.
1702564754400.png

View attachment 480491

View attachment 480492

View attachment 480493

View attachment 480494

View attachment 480495

View attachment 480496

View attachment 480497

View attachment 480498

View attachment 480499

View attachment 480500

View attachment 480511

View attachment 480513

View attachment 480512

View attachment 480514

View attachment 480501

View attachment 480504

View attachment 480505

View attachment 480503

View attachment 480502

View attachment 480510

View attachment 480515

More shots coming soon.
OMG WOW!!!!!

I have to ask.....
what?!??.....................is this?!?!?!?....
1702564628084.png

When I worked at Guitar Center (Pro Audio Mgr), one day I was in the Operations office killing time until I could clock in. Sitting there I saw a guiro percussion piece on the desk. The guiro had 2 holes that looked like eyes & I thought it would look interesting as a face. I grabbed a piece of paper & drew a mouth & then put a rubber bumper for a nose. Oh wait! here it is…
IMG_1129.jpeg

So I did that & then clocked in. Several days later it was still like that. Several weeks later, still like that. Several years later… yep! Still like that. At some point shortly after I did that the Ops Manager zeroed it out of inventory & it kind of became an unofficial mascot. That manager was one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
He said that EVERY time he saw the thing, it simply made him smile. He understood the value in that & since it had sat unsold for far too long as a guiro, when it came time to discount it he made it a store expenditure. Most of the time it sat in his office in front of a dry erase board that he would draw a word bubble with a message on, making it look like it was saying it. Every so often he would put it on a mic stand by the time clock with some message that he needed everyone to see. It was at that GC for close to 7 years & then went with that Manager when he changed stores.

So that is pretty much what inspired it, which also kind of answers the question of WHAT it is. As for what it actually is, you are correct. It is a mudhorn egg that I gave a goofy face. I didn’t have any direct inspiration for the face, although I would say the Muppets, & HR Puffinstuff had some influence (the latter resembling Grimace). I had Sooooo many mudhorn eggs from all of the Off world Jawas I got that I wanted to use them for something. I did one with a straw sticking out that I used in the early shots, & I cut 1 in half & scooped out the insides to make something to be used in the future. I made 2 with the goofy face & on 1 of them tapped out a neck post hole so it could be a head for something. So don’t be surprised when Eggnoggin shows up in one of my setups.

I am somewhat surprised eggy wasn’t noticed sooner as he was in the first shots of the shop. He did become more noticeable in the later shots though.

This workplace injury could have been avoided. Use your safety gear, people.

View attachment 480564

That actually happened where he lives. Unfortunately the only thing he can afford is a small efficiency that was built for Jawas to live in. So all of the doors are considerably shorter than the ones in human residences. In other words, he hits his head all of the time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

😝

When I worked at Guitar Center (Pro Audio Mgr), one day I was in the Operations office killing time until I could clock in. Sitting there I saw a guiro percussion piece on the desk. The guiro had 2 holes that looked like eyes & I thought it would look interesting as a face. I grabbed a piece of paper & drew a mouth & then put a rubber bumper for a nose. Oh wait! here it is…
View attachment 480616

So I did that & then clocked in. Several days later it was still like that. Several weeks later, still like that. Several years later… yep! Still like that. At some point shortly after I did that the Ops Manager zeroed it out of inventory & it kind of became an unofficial mascot. That manager was one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
He said that EVERY time he saw the thing, it simply made him smile. He understood the value in that & since it had sat unsold for far too long as a guiro, when it came time to discount it he made it a store expenditure. Most of the time it sat in his office in front of a dry erase board that he would draw a word bubble with a message on, making it look like it was saying it. Every so often he would put it on a mic stand by the time clock with some message that he needed everyone to see. It was at that GC for close to 7 years & then went with that Manager when he changed stores.

So that is pretty much what inspired it, which also kind of answers the question of WHAT it is. As for what it actually is, you are correct. It is a mudhorn egg that I gave a goofy face. I didn’t have any direct inspiration for the face, although I would say the Muppets, & HR Puffinstuff had some influence (the latter resembling Grimace). I had Sooooo many mudhorn eggs from all of the Off world Jawas I got that I wanted to use them for something. I did one with a straw sticking out that I used in the early shots, & I cut 1 in half & scooped out the insides to make something to be used in the future. I made 2 with the goofy face & on 1 of them tapped out a neck post hole so it could be a head for something. So don’t be surprised when Eggnoggin shows up in one of my setups.

I am somewhat surprised eggy wasn’t noticed sooner as he was in the first shots of the shop. He did become more noticeable in the later shots though.
Absolutely awesome story! Can't believe it was actually a mudhorn egg because I was totally spitballing about what it was. And Eggnoggin is a great name, looking forward to seeing him, kind of like a "Where is Waldo" hunt for the future.

Some of the last repair & customs done at Teedos shop.

The security team checking to make sure you’re authorized to be here…
IMG_6757.jpeg

An older swoop bike that was brought in by some Duros that looked like a cowboy. He was adamant that the droid stays with the bike…
IMG_4792.jpeg

Another Clone Wars era speeder getting some custom paint work done. With the body now painted it is being prepped to have pin stripes done…
IMG_4846 3.jpeg

The Jawas brought in something they found that was clearly thrown together.
IMG_4788.jpeg

The technicians are not even sure what this thing is. It has some technology that makes it unlikely to be a custom. They think that Arakyd Industries may have had something to do with it because it resembles the DRK probe droids they made.
IMG_4787.jpeg

IMG_4850 2.jpeg

This CK-6 swoop is a relic from Bespin Motors, but the Ugnaught technicians are more than joyful to work on it.
IMG_6701.jpeg

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6624.jpeg

Lots of work to be done before this speeder custom is ready for delivery. The engines still need to be fitted & painted, as well as linking control & monitoring systems to the Droid pilot interface.
IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_6756.jpeg

IMG_4798.jpeg

Not very often the heavy lift arm sees use...
IMG_4854.jpeg

To wrap up Teedo’s Speeder shop I have a few more shots I wanted to post. Whenever I do these setups I take A LOT
of pics. Whether it is different angles or perspectives, or experimenting with lighting, I just shoot & hope to get something good. Usually only the best get posted. These were not what I consider the best, but were worth showing for one reason or another. None of them are touched up or have any post production.

Droids…
IMG_4655.jpeg

IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_4613.jpeg

IMG_4866.jpeg

Someone got lost under the speeder lift…
IMG_4645.jpeg

IMG_4679.jpeg

The Siener Systems shop-vac…
IMG_4620.jpeg

A deep dig using the Clone Wars Castas speeder (looks much better weathered & detailed)
IMG_4626.jpeg

Pugnaught?
IMG_4835.jpeg

Wide angle lens shots…
IMG_4876.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

IMG_4689.jpeg

IMG_4693.jpeg

LOVE THIS SHOT!
IMG_4704.jpeg

EARLY BUILD…

Getting some parts together & trying to figure out a layout…
IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_2575.jpeg

THE CEILING…

A ceiling that works as both part of the diorama & as the lighting rig. These early shots show 6 smaller led units that I ended up not using. I ended up using 8 slightly larger ones that had diffuser covers (seen in the wide angle shots). The structure piece they are mounted to (with the hanging column) are the wing attachment pieces from the Black Series First Order Tie Fighter. Plugged into the bottom of those columns are distributor valves for yard irrigation lines. The picture just prior to this shows one of the valves by itself.
IMG_2749.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

Cleaning up the construction debris…
IMG_2578.jpeg

That is a wrap on this setup. I had a lot of fun with this one & I could easily have kept it going for longer (It was set up from May until the end of October), but I want to do some other setups I have ideas for.

ONE FINAL SHOT that is for @yodashizzle

IMG_4817.jpeg

😜

TEEDO would like to thank the following Speeder clubs for their support & referrals…

IMG_2638.jpeg IMG_2640.jpeg

Also a thanks to SpeederFax. When a speeder’s history is needed, SpeederFax is where to check!
SPEEDERFAX.png

Many Bothans died for these records.

🤓

Last edited:
The little vacuum made me laugh out loud! You have a talent in creative toy displays, imagination and photography for sure!

Haha, love it! Eggnoggin has me looking at all kinds of custom possibilities and the world you've created is really a source of great fun and inspiration, thanks so much for sharing this.
So................... Teedo's Speeder Shop is finished?!?!?!? No.........no.......that's not true.........that's impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........
1703429035342.png
NOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I look forward to what you do next, I know it will be great and a fun ride!!!

The little vacuum made me laugh out loud! You have a talent in creative toy displays, imagination and photography for sure!
Bought a dust buster specivically (I hate spell check) for one of my displays but might think about something like that for the stuff I don’t want to take apart to clean.

That is truly an epic looking dio! Some really great detail applications and I cannot imagine the time and patience that went into making it, far more than i could ever muster. The only part that really pains me is that you customized two very HTF Clone Wars ere mini rigs that I barely managed to find one of! lol
But again, superb job!

Absolutely phenomenal. I'm both in awe and envious of your set up from the minute details to the the entire execution. The layout and integrated lightning is simply outstanding.

Back