Strobeeone’s Boba Fett Throne Custom

Reaction score
I was completely surprised by yesterday’s announcement of the Boba Fett Throne Room set. I was about to build out that main section of the palace myself. Last week I finished a custom of Bib’s Boba’s throne. I was going to take pics this weekend but after the announcement yesterday, I threw this together…

View media item 406410
In the pic is my no helmet Boba custom. It is the VC186 figure I weathered & detailed with a head cast from Outer Rim Traders that I painted. On the back wall is the Star Wars Xcavation Hutt skull that I painted. The back wall is a sheet of smooth foamcraft that I intentionally spray painted to create the uneven stone facade (styrofoam breaks down when sprayed with spray paint).The base that the throne is sitting on is the Dais from the 2010 SOTDS Jabba Throne playset.

The throne. I used the recently released Hallmark Ornament which is 1:18 scale. Amazon had them on sale a few weeks back for $15.
They still have them listed (but not on sale) here.

Here is what the ornament looks like normally (except I had already removed the blaster when I took this pic)…
View media item 406413
Using a PVC pipe wire saw, I cut through part of the section on Boba that inserts into the chair. I cut enough until I was able to break the bond of the remaining adhesive by wiggling Boba back & forth. What he looked like after he did…

View media item 406415
The raised section on Boba’s butt inserts into an opening on the cushion of the throne. Like this it looks like a different kind of throne. 🤨

View media item 406414
I used Apoxy Sculpt (color mixed Brown & Neutral to match) to fill in the opening & match the sculpt. Then I repainted & weathered the throne.
View media item 406416
This turned out way better than I had expected. Much of that is due to how well the actual throne was made. It is a strong plastic & along the lines (or better) than what Hasbro‘s pieces are.

Another shot with different lighting…
View media item 406411
And putting it in storage until his new place is ready…
View media item 406412
And about that different kind of throne…
8861C2F4-8EC6-495D-AA09-784EA42FFC1B.jpeg

MTFBWY

Reaction score
Awesome job, and great info! Removing the Boba looks like it took some skill and ingenuity, and the repair on the seat is flawless. Where there's a will, there's a Strobeeone. Fantastic photography/lighting job to boot. Also???? I feel like asking the dark lord of the Sith to give us a courtesy flush. :oops:😛

Reaction score
Awesome job, and great info! Removing the Boba looks like it took some skill and ingenuity, and the repair on the seat is flawless. Where there's a will, there's a Strobeeone. Fantastic photography/lighting job to boot. Also???? I feel like asking the dark lord of the Sith to give us a courtesy flush. :oops:😛
Thank you.

Darth was right about the power of the dark side! 🤢 He probably has to eat some liquified mush like baby food
that is then processed by a burnt rotting from the dark side digestive system. Probably have to destroy that bathroom
with the Death Star after he uses it. 😜

Reaction score
I bet Vader doesn’t really shower much. Or sleep. Or watch TV.

Anyway, if anyone could make something absolutely to rival anything Hasbro releases, it’s @Strobeeone!