'Strange' Old Ben?

Reaction score
This is probably old hat for you guys, but what's the deal with the Obi-Wan figures? I have two that are noticeably different from each other. One is marked Taiwan, but the other shows no country at all. Also, are there actually differences in the sculpts, or am I just seeing things that aren't there?
Beyond the varying hair colors, there seems to be little variations throughout.

Thanks for any info.

Reaction score
Most figures have variations. Some are mild, some are just paint, and others are very significant.

The Taiwan marking refers to the country it was made in, and is referred to the COO (Country Of Origin). They range from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, China, and none. Often, a variation is specific to a COO.

Paint variations include your Obi-Wan's hair, or Lando having painted teeth or none.

Mild sculpting variations include Biker Scouts and the markings on their helmets.

Major variations would include Han Solo with two very unique head sculpts, or a very obvious change in the blue and red Snaggletooth.

Ian

Reaction score
also there are different mold familys . yes completely new sculpts so no you are not seeing things

Reaction score
Really great, as always, man. :)

Thanks for the help, guys. I'd read something about the no-COOs being more sought after, is it true?

Regarding Snaggletooth, (a personal favorite, had the blue version as a kid) do both figures use the same sculpt, from the hips up?
Also, if Greedo is missing his antennae he is broken, correct?