Stormtrooper - VC231

Reaction score
This is a really nice figure, obviously the only difference is the gunbelt. HOWEVER they insisted on including the Disney-era blaster with the side lite. The problem? Besides being wrong, it doesn't fit in the holster. I simply snipped the sidelight off the one I opened.

Reaction score
This is a really nice figure, obviously the only difference is the gunbelt. HOWEVER they insisted on including the Disney-era blaster with the side lite. The problem? Besides being wrong, it doesn't fit in the holster. I simply snipped the sidelight off the one I opened.
this one doesn't have the cankles from the RO Stormtroopers. This new one more 1970s thin guy aesthetic. Slimmer shins/calves

Reaction score
I'll have to check, but I'm thinking the E-11 that comes with the AT-ST driver might be a suitable swap. I've got a few of those guys all manning vehicles, so they aren't currently using the rifle.

Reaction score
1665278581660.png

Trying to compare all the contemporary stormtrooper bods we got out there right now.

I was surprised the holster / cod piece / butt plate are all one rubbery piece stuck over the interior hard/black plastic sculpt. So the belt is distinct from the three other troops with the new ankles (Commander, heavy troop, and E-web pack-in).

I think it's overall a fantastic improvement to the Stormtrooper Han / Bespin Stormtrooper mold that I use as the OT stand-in. Only two complaints:
  • As others have noted, the blaster is incorrect. Take what we can get, I guess.
  • This is going to be impossible to army-build in the short to medium term future. I guess I get making a popular figure one of the exclusives so they can tell Walmart "see, look how well we are selling our toys", but this really needs further rereleases. They could pack a couple of these to every retail case until the end of time and they would always sell through at any retail store.
I don't think I would "replace" VC140, as they still look good and I have x30 to keep a nice Imperial / Rogue One display. But if this new one became reliably / abundantly available at its retail price point.....yeah, I'd probably buy a bunch again.

Reaction score
Their arms are dinkly and elbows are so thin and flimsy they can break. They arent accurate troopers for the OT films, even if they updated the Rogue One/Disney era style. Overall its still a fun toy and display figure for sure as a collector.

Reaction score
Has this come back into stock at any time since it first sold out? I check regularly but to no avail. I figured we’d see some store returns given that cards will be damaged.

Reaction score
Has this come back into stock at any time since it first sold out? I check regularly but to no avail. I figured we’d see some store returns given that cards will be damaged.
Not that I know of either.

Plus my Walmarts are simply the downright WORST toy departments I've ever seen. I mean, if it's a Walmart exclusive...I'll be shocked if they ever even get them. If they get their exclusives (no matter the what toyline), it'll be once, and months after supposed to be on the shelf at a random time that's utterly unpredictable. My Walmarts are filled with what I can only discribe as ...less than quality employees. That's putting it lightly. That also doesn't seem to uncommon considering the shape in which most folks get their figures once shipped.

Mine are so bad, I've just stopped going and just go straight to the website...which also doesn't seem great.

Reaction score
It briefly came back into stock in the middle of the night (ET) about a week ago. If I didn't work nights I would have missed it. I think it was around 3:30 AM when I managed to nab one.

Reaction score
i saw them in stock one afternoon, but at inflated prices based on demand or something.

Reaction score
Have there been any B&M store sightings of the stormtrooper or any of the 4 others?

Reaction score
Well if indeed they were in stock, I missed out. I've been checking the site on a daily basis to no avail. Sigh. I really want to get, ideally, four or five of this guy but I can't even find a single one online OR in person for a fair price.

Reaction score
Deep Discount has these for preorder - due 11/18

MOC collectors be warned, DD isn't known for delivering figures in MINT condition. I would buy these only if I were an opener but YMMV.

Capture256.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ordered ten from DD but will need more. It’s a start. Thanks for the heads-up.

👍🏻

ETA: Make it 20. What the hell, I won’t have to worry about paying for the Hell Charger.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you Booster for sharing that store, I had never heard of it before. And thank you Etain for the 10% off code!

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I don't know if this will apply to POs, but keep in mind that for in-stock orders DD tends to allow orders to be placed beyond what they actually have available, and then subsequently cancel them when there isn't sufficient stock.

Also, the odds of getting mint package figures are about 50/50 from my experience over multiple orders. That's really not much different than playing Wal-Mart roulette, though.

Reaction score
^ This. My disappointment at not finding out about the discount code prior to placing the first preorders is tempered by the certainty that, like all Deepdiscount orders, they’ll be cancelled anyway.

😄

This could be us Wal-Mart, but you playin’.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Saw Jayson's tweet about EE getting these. Instantly snagged a whole squad's worth!

Very glad Walmart's exclusivity window lapsed quickly, and the turnaround for other e-tailers to offer them was even faster. Hope that's the norm going forward for all Walmart exclusives.

Reaction score
Missed out on the WM release, grabbed three from EE this afternoon. Patience is always the key, and Hasbro will keep this one in constant rotation from now until the end of time.

Reaction score
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised these made it to e-tailers so quickly after the Walmart sell-through. Based on the current ETAs we might even have some garrisons in time to go under the xmas tree.

Reactions: bac