Stormtrooper - VC231

GNT

Reaction score
Via Banthaskull:

1647459562995.jpeg
STAR WARS THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH STORMTROOPER Figure
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Fall 2022)
STAR WARS THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH STORMTROOPER figure features iconic Kenner branding, inspired by the original ‘96 figures produced by Kenner. This STORMTROOPER figure is presented on an individual VINTAGE COLLECTION STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE cardback and makes a great gift for STAR WARS collectors and fans. This figure comes with 1 entertainment-inspired accessory that makes a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Highly articulated with fully poseable head, arms, and legs, the STORMTROOPER figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections and features premium design across multiple points of articulation. Available for pre-order March 24 at 1PM ET, exclusively at Walmart.

From the designer:

“We wanted to celebrate Imperial stormtroopers this year with updates to the figure which add value for the collectors. We have recently added great new function with rocker ankles for these troops, but we couldn’t stop there! With this release we have added a new hip holster to his left hip for a more accurate Star Wars: A New Hope look and added play. We have also put this stormtrooper on an Original 96 Star Wars: A New Hope Kenner cardback for the first time in The Vintage Collection, filling a great classic spot in your collections.” – Emily Cantelupe, Sr. Product Designer

1647459608374.jpeg
Thoughts on this figure?

Repost from General Discussion

Stormtrooper from A New Hope. So my hope came true! Rocker ankles AND holster! 😍

This is a
Walmart-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive
. Available for pre-order March 24th at 1pm ET. On shelf Fall 2022. MSRP is $14.99.

Press Release

STAR WARS THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH STORMTROOPER figure features iconic Kenner branding, inspired by the original ‘96 figures produced by Kenner. This STORMTROOPER figure is presented on an individual VINTAGE COLLECTION STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE cardback and makes a great gift for STAR WARS collectors and fans. This figure comes with 1 entertainment-inspired accessory that makes a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Highly articulated with fully poseable head, arms, and legs, the STORMTROOPER figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections and features premium design across multiple points of articulation.

Emily Cantelupe, Sr. Product Designer, had this to say about the figure:
  • We wanted to celebrate Imperial stormtroopers this year with updates to the figure which add value for the collectors. We have recently added great new function with rocker ankles for these troops, but we couldn’t stop there! With this release we have added a new hip holster to his left hip for a more accurate Star Wars: A New Hope look and added play. We have also put this stormtrooper on an Original 96 Star Wars: A New Hope Kenner cardback for the first time in The Vintage Collection, filling a great classic spot in your collections.
Press Images

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-2.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-5.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Loose-6.jpg

Last edited:
i like how they got rid of the bell bottoms. this is the best stormtrooper yet, but after the 4 packs, i can really only justify getting a couple of them.

that's what i'm talking about! target received them 2 or 3 months ago but haven't shipped them out to customers yet.

Also, kinda ticked that I just got that 4 pack and now they are doing a better version.

This is not doing it for me. Just 1 step forward and 2 steps back leaving little forward progress. Hasbro just seems confused lately.

there will always be better versions, some of us might not be around when they are made. one thing about star wars, troopers will always be made and have constant variants, period.

Hopefully these will overflow the pegs...but they won't. They'll never even make it into my two stores.
I think they will. Hasbro has to make a larger number of them to pay off the new tooling costs. I predict they will be a lot of these making it to stores.

Well, time to sell all of my older stormtroopers, that have yellowed some.... I'm sure some customizer will make good use of em.........and, time to buy as many of these new ones as completely possible. I'm gonna go broke getting this mother******.

I can now shift all of my RO Stormtroopers into Rogue One displays. Works for me.

Well, time to sell all of my older stormtroopers, that have yellowed some.... I'm sure some customizer will make good use of em.........and, time to buy as many of these new ones as completely possible. I'm gonna go broke getting this mother******.

Yeah, I'm debating how many to get at this point. I'd rather buy a whole bunch now, then wait for them to be released in other ways. I'll keep my older stormtroopers as well, but they do seem somewhat obsolete with this mold out there.

selling VC140s? if you do I can take a couple off your hands

so are the legs on this guy the same as the eweb stormtrooper? i find it difficult to believe they made two different sets of rocker ankle lower legs for VC140 right around the same time.

Back