Stormtrooper - VC***

Reaction score
So apparently, I had forgotten to cancel my first two orders of three each so it looks like I'll be getting six additional troopers that I don't want. So, if anyone is interested in them let me know via PM.
Message sent

Reaction score
Glad to hear these are shipping to you guys in the States. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this figure. This is my figure of the year and is in the running for figure of the decade as well.

Reaction score
Walmart must have seen Target charing $20.99 for the Boba Fett Morak figure and was like "hold my beer"...

Reaction score
... and is why we are looking at $21 Fetts
And that's my issue with Hasbro pricing them at $20-26 rights out of the gate, because due to the scarcity of TVC these alwasy seem to get scooped up by 3rd party sellers and then sold for double MSRP thus making them $40 and up for one freaking figure!

Reaction score
People will pay what they're willing to pay.

The Boba Fett Morak figure will be an interesting case study. If these sit around and get blown out on clearance after being on the pegs for a month (like Migs and Koska) will that send any sort of message to Hasbro that Hasbro would then act upon one way or the other? We as collectors send plenty of messages to Hasbro through our buying habits. The question is, does Hasbro bother to absorb and listen to those messages? Or do they just do what they're going to do regardless?

Hasbro could, in theory, send limitless numbers of the ANH Stormtrooper figures to Walmart stores nationwide and I'd be shocked if they didn't completely sell through. Assuming Walmart stores actually order these, unlike the four closest to me, which haven't carried a single Star Wars Walmart exclusive item in more than 3 years.

Reaction score
Well, I took one for the team and ordered the stormtrooper "set." I read the dimensions, weight etc., just about the same as a single figure and assumed that despite the description, it will be a lonesome figure. Second, since I'm not in country, was going to end up paying above retail anyways. Will advise what shows up in the mail.

"I don't like it, I don't agree with it, but I accept it." - Lando

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that not every exclusive has made it to the fan channels. Droids Fett and TCW Clone Captain come immediately to mind.
All the Walmart OG96 TVC figures did though. Plus, Patrick alluded to this hitting fan channels eventually.

Will be the only cost effective way I can army build and get some guaranteed mint cards at the same time.

Reaction score
Many of the Walmart 96 (& the Target Droids figures) have been listed on Hasbro’s eBay shop & cheaper than
originally priced. After not being able to get a mint carded DSD from Walmart (after 4 orders) I ordered one from
the Hasbro eBay shop & received one upside down on the cardback.
Hope you flipped it! Some people pay big bucks for errors like that. You could cover the cost of the entire next wave of figures and more with something like that.

Reaction score
All the Walmart OG96 TVC figures did though. Plus, Patrick alluded to this hitting fan channels eventually.

Will be the only cost effective way I can army build and get some guaranteed mint cards at the same time.

I sincerely hope you guys are able to buy these by the box for retail at some point.

Reaction score
I just know that Walmart would never offer cases…They would definitely offer bags though.
If they sold them by the case they would open the case by cutting the top OFF, take the figures out, fold in half & flatten out the case, then cram the case pieces & all the figures in a large shipping envelope. Anything to save them a few cents instead of shipping in boxes.

bac

Reaction score
My two just arrived. One card was a little jacked, the other passable to keep MOC. Unfortunately the jacked card's trooper has two spots of helmet detail that missed the mark a little. I'll just assume this guy was late to equipment pickup and got the reject helmet.

Otherwise it's obviously an awesome figure. I couldn't resist putting him right into the card art pose.

Reaction score
Dear Walmart,
Though I typically like to cleanly slice the bubbles off in order to keep the cards, thanks, I guess, for trying to save me the 5-10 seconds it would've taken for me to whip out my knife and do it myself. Your heart was in the right place trying to help me save time, I guess?
Your Pal, I guess,
Eddie

unnamed-7.jpg

Reaction score
My 4 came in today inside a bubble envelope. Needless to say every single card is bent. 2 had cracked bubbles.
The very reason I'm waiting until the exclusivity agreement w/ Walmart lapses. In the past I was able to make Walmart refund me in full, while letting me keep the figures w/ damaged packaging, but that still left me without MOC samples. Not playing that game anymore.

Reaction score
Dear Walmart,
Though I typically like to cleanly slice the bubbles off in order to keep the cards, thanks, I guess, for trying to save me the 5-10 seconds it would've taken for me to whip out my knife and do it myself. Your heart was in the right place trying to help me save time, I guess?
Your Pal, I guess,
Eddie

View attachment 438266
Can I just get the figure? Save the card and shipping please.

Reaction score
I really hope this figure ends up on store shelves as well. It's a travesty for carded collectors not to be able to get a decent carded version and it's a travesty that people can't order enough over the internet.

Reaction score
I posted pics of my damaged Stormtrooper shipment in the **** Walmart thread (sponsor @HothHan, lovingly), and just chatted with them about replacements and how they're out of stock - they refunded me and told me to keep them. Frustrating for sure.