Stormtrooper - VC***

Reaction score
Seems in the past year most of the store exclusives that have sold out in 45 seconds on pre-sales have ended up being fairly easy to track down either by catching canceled items as they come back up as available or once they hit their release date more become available online and/or in stores.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems in the past year most of the store exclusives that have sold out in 45 seconds on pre-sales have ended up being fairly easy to track down either by catching canceled items come back up as available or once they hit their release date more become available online and/or in stores.
I hope this is the case for the US.

Reaction score
If they’re arriving earlier we should all be checking popfinder and such. Hopefully they’ll clog the pegs but I doubt it.

Reaction score
As long as they find another way to release this particular version with the rockers again I don't really care that this one is Walmart. They can literally release Stormtroopers on Obi-Wan cards, Mando cards etc all day

Reaction score
I‘m surprised we haven’t seen those army building four packs announced yet. Didn’t they do that with the old mold?

Reaction score
Still can't believe they made this figure a bloody Walmart exclusive. Both loose and carded collectors have been begging for a definitive ANH stormtrooper for years, and when they finally get around to it, they not only make it an exclusive, they give it to the worst retail partner in North America. The choice isn't just confounding, it's infuriating.

But hey! Let's take the exact same figure, slap some blue paint on it, release it in the 'gaming greats' line, and make it far easier to obtain by giving it to multiple retailers!🤦‍♂️

Reaction score
Who knows, that stormtrooper could end up in a future repack wave. That in long run may be better in that EE, dst, Amazon etc could order more solid cases whereas wm or even target, nay be limited to how many they can order, especially in a mix ratio wave case.. One thing hasbro could do, is produce more solid cases and offer on pulse through though retail partner excl page. It's be a 1st for SW.

Also, we could c it recarded for Andor as well

Reaction score
I still can't believe this is a Walmart exclusive. Do they not realize people would buy this figure by the case?
Well, WE as collectors know this. I'm sure the fan channel partners like EE, BBTS and Dorkside know this. The problem is that PATRICK doesn't seem to understand that fact! They could have kept the other five figures Walmart exclusives. But this trooper should have been made available to everyone. I'm sure it would have done very well, and we have all wanted the Stormtrooper on an ANH card since they released the 2004 VOTC figure.

Who knows, that stormtrooper could end up in a future repack wave. That in long run may be better in that EE, dst, Amazon etc could order more solid cases whereas wm or even target, nay be limited to how many they can order, especially in a mix ratio wave case.. One thing hasbro could do, is produce more solid cases and offer on pulse through though retail partner excl page. It's be a 1st for SW.

Also, we could c it recarded for Andor as well

Getting the figure out there on an Andor card would be a nice workaround, but there are a LOT of us who want it on the ANH card. Thanks to Walmart, most of us will never fill that slot in the collection.

Reaction score
Every figure DOES come back in stock once they have them in hand. YES, you need to be paying attention to get one. NO, it won't be an instant $200 figure on the aftermarket. If you don't score one on WM.com, just budget a few more $$ and grab one from Ebay. The end of days is not at hand.

Personally, since cards and bubbles are important to me, I'd rather buy one from Ebay vs playing fulfillment center roulette. That way I KNOW I am getting the condition I want.

Now, if you're looking to buy 100 of them to army build, THEN you could run into issues although I recall seeing a pic of someone who had like 150 of the TCW animated clones,.so it is possible...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've opened 4 stormtroopers so far and this is such a cool figure. I'm an opener, but I decided to check out the cards of all the figures.

Case #1: Ok, so of the the figures in this case, I've got one that has bad helmet painting. The line across the top of the helmet on 1 of the figures is a bit off and gives the figure the look of having a pirate eye-patch. The funny thing is that when I went to open this figure I didn't even look at the figure itself, but checked out the packaging. The card is in perfect condition and I didn't notice the paint mistake on the figure until I'd already opened it. Anyway, Case #1 has 1 perfect card and 7 cards with the bubble-press on them. The other 7 figures are perfect, though.

Case #2: All the figures are fine, but I haven't opened them yet. The cards are 4x perfect, 4x with the bubble-press markings on them. Oddly enough, the 4 figures packed on the outer-side of the box have perfect cards. The 4 inside figures are the ones with the bubble-press markings.

Case #3: All the figures and all of the cards are perfect. No bubble-press markings on any of these cards.

So, from my sample, I have 13 perfect cards, and 11 with the bubble-press markings on them. 23 perfect figures and 1 with a badly-painted stripe on the front of the helmet.

Reaction score
I've opened 4 stormtroopers so far and this is such a cool figure. I'm an opener, but I decided to check out the cards of all the figures.

Case #1: Ok, so of the the figures in this case, I've got one that has bad helmet painting. The line across the top of the helmet on 1 of the figures is a bit off and gives the figure the look of having a pirate eye-patch. The funny thing is that when I went to open this figure I didn't even look at the figure itself, but checked out the packaging. The card is in perfect condition and I didn't notice the paint mistake on the figure until I'd already opened it. Anyway, Case #1 has 1 perfect card and 7 cards with the bubble-press on them. The other 7 figures are perfect, though.

Case #2: All the figures are fine, but I haven't opened them yet. The cards are 4x perfect, 4x with the bubble-press markings on them. Oddly enough, the 4 figures packed on the outer-side of the box have perfect cards. The 4 inside figures are the ones with the bubble-press markings.

Case #3: All the figures and all of the cards are perfect. No bubble-press markings on any of these cards.

So, from my sample, I have 13 perfect cards, and 11 with the bubble-press markings on them. 23 perfect figures and 1 with a badly-painted stripe on the front of the helmet.
Wha? Where are you ordering solid cases from?

Reaction score
Wha? Where are you ordering solid cases from?
I live outside the US and we've been getting solid cases since the beginning of the year. When the stormtrooper came up for pre-order, I said I wanted 20 (I was assuming since they were WM exclusives in the US, they'd only have 6 per case). The shop owner emailed and said, if I want 20, I might as well just order 3 cases and have 24 (at that point I realized we would be getting cases of 8 instead of 6), so I figured I might as well just go ahead and order 3 full cases because you can never have enough stormtroopers.

It was a huge chunk of money all at one time, but who knows when we'll see this figure again.

Reaction score
I talked to the shop owner and he said this stormtrooper was offered in huge numbers here and he'd never had a chance to order so many of one figure in his whole career (dating back to the mid-90s).

That said, I really hope Hasbro did their homework and the WM B&M stores get tons of cases of this figure to hang on the pegs. My hope is that collectors not only find good verions to keep carded (for carded collectors) as well as enough for openers.

Reaction score
i feel like everyday Hasbro is trying harder and harder to kill this line with the never ending exclusives. the Stormtrooper is a no brainer. Hasbro could have sold cases of the figure to online retailers and people would have bought the Stormtrooper by the case load. instead the geniuses at Hasbro say... "Hey I have a great Idea... let's give Walmart the exclusive rights to sell a figure that is a guaranteed seller but a nightmare to order with no guarantee that the buyers will receive it or receive it in mint condition"