Stormtrooper - VC***

Reaction score
It looks like the other 4 in this wave can be successfully pre-ordered right now (I got 3 of the 4), but only if you have the Walmart mobile app. The posted links for both Bespin Guards, R2 and the Gunner all work using this method.

Might be handy to try that method when the Stormtrooper goes live if you're having issues with the links.,

Reaction score
Maybe they’re scared of their system crashing because there will be a frenzy of army builders and bots ordering 1 million of these!

Reaction score
Maybe they’re scared of their system crashing because there will be a frenzy of army builders and bots ordering 1 million of these!
And I am one of those bots...... precious stormtroopers...... need moar!....... lol

Glad I wasnt the only one who only got the other 4 first. ..... now to camp the link and this thread lol

Reaction score
its up but only letting me put 2 in the cart....... great.... eh well 2 it is for now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Cardback revealed.

VC-Stormtrooper-ANH-Carded-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
seems the sites only only allow 2 per order but allowed me to reorder a 2nd pair... so 4... i was going to add a dozen originally.. but... this whole limit 2 bs is quite hairpulling so I'm just going to wait.

Reaction score
seems the sites only only allow 2 per order but allowed me to reorder a 2nd pair... so 4... i was going to add a dozen originally.. but... this whole limit 2 bs is quite hairpulling so I'm just going to wait.

The limit 2 bs is to stop people from hoarding these things the second they go live. It's not bs it is a necessity.

Reaction score
The limit 2 bs is to stop people from hoarding these things the second they go live. It's not bs it is a necessity.
Pffff .... Logic and reason... pfffff.... lol but i understand...i guess. I mean I was able to order 4 or 5 of each other ones... a half dozen for the gunner.. but the stormie is the hurdle this time... eh well.

Reaction score
Managed to get 3 so far!
Used the mobile and ordered them 1 at a time, so had to pay $5.99 upcharge for shipping, which sucks.
Will call Walmart to get a refund since they are in such high demand...

Reaction score
I ordered 1

I felt like that was a sufficient amount

Reaction score
You know its a Walmart exclusive preorder day when HothHan becomes everyone's spirit animal " **** Walmart." - HothHan.

I don't know because last week I was talking **** about Walmart and apparently that insulted LOTS of the MOC collectors here...

Reaction score
I ordered 1

I felt like that was a sufficient amount
Yeah, I ordered 2. One to open and one to keep carded. I have plenty of other Stormtroopers from collecting over the years. I don't need so many more just cause it's the latest version. They all look fine on display together.

Reaction score
Yeah, I ordered 2. One to open and one to keep carded. I have plenty of other Stormtroopers from collecting over the years. I don't need so many more just cause it's the latest version. They all look fine on display together.

This is how I feel as well. This Stormtrooper is nice, but I can easily pass on it today. I may grab 1 if I see it in stores and if not I'll be fine with all the other Stormtroopers I've already bought.

Reaction score
It would be nice if some people waited for army builder packs, surely, they'll do more with this upgraded sculpt, but certain people are just selfish and hoard because of the "gotta have it now" mentality. Hasbro really should do concurrent announcements to try and prevent this from always happening with single carded army builders, especially exclusives.

Reaction score
wait for the 4 packs to show up. It's almost certain they will.
are these a wally world exclusive? I wish there was a way to order by the cases. I have several ANH displays set up and I need both carded and out of package stormies. In fact, I only have probably 3 carded stormies, maybe 4.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
wait for the 4 packs to show up. It's almost certain they will.
are these a wally world exclusive? I wish there was a way to order by the cases.
Yes. I also would've liked to have ordered a solid case. I'm dubious on whether this newer version gets released in a 4-pack anytime soon. Considering they just released the RO set not too long ago, and the molds are likely going to be used for this version and the Deluxe Nevarro version in the near term. There's also a ton of other 4-packs I'd like to see before they revisit the Stormies.

Reaction score
Yes. I also would've liked to have ordered a solid case. I'm dubious on whether this newer version gets released in a 4-pack anytime soon. Considering they just released the RO set not too long ago, and the molds are likely going to be used for this version and the Deluxe Nevarro version in the near term. There's also a ton of other 4-packs I'd like to see before they revisit the Stormies.
Sandtrooper refresh is likely next. but they will look to get these out in masses soon, because of the ROTJ 40th. and everyone loved Endor....

Reaction score
are these a wally world exclusive? I wish there was a way to order by the cases. I have several ANH displays set up and I need both carded and out of package stormies. In fact, I only have probably 3 carded stormies, maybe 4.
curious as to why Euro Fan channel does not have them yet.... fairly certain that if they have them, they will make cases available.

Reaction score
Made the classic mistake of *checks notes* trying to preorder at the scheduled time. So of course this one is already sold out.

Actually, that's not true - I started looking around a half hour early. Got the other four once I saw the tip on the app. The Bespin guards were my primary want, plus I have a few 4-packs worth of recent stormies, so I'm good if I have to wait to secure these troopers.

Still, it's pretty wild that the game for big-box preorders is "figure out the announced time, then the night before start deducing how and when it will secretly become available so it sells out before the announced time."

Reaction score
Wait, did these go live at 1:00pm EST or 12:00pm EST?
I jumped a few minutes before 1:00 and was surprised to see 'Add to Cart' buttons showing for Bespin Security Guards and DS Gunner. Was able to easily (more-or-less) snag a couple of each of those items, but Stormtrooper was already 'sold out'.