Stormtrooper - ROTJ 40th

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have revealed a Stormtrooper figure is coming in the 40th ROTJ anniversary line

Reaction score
In general I prefer the ANH helmet, but if they go with a screen accurate all black frown, then I won't have to repaint all the misaligned/misprinted teeth. That's something of a win in my book! :LOL:

Reaction score
Will it be a repack or will they actually give them the ROTJ look🤔

It looks like they're going hardcore on the Endor figures so I hope it's new.

Love the ROTJ helmet with the solid black "mouth". Hope it'll be an accurate representation and not just an ANH hero helmet repaint.

In general I prefer the ANH helmet, but if they go with a screen accurate all black frown, then I won't have to repaint all the misaligned/misprinted teeth. That's something of a win in my book! :LOL:

May also come with a holster

Seeing the new reveals and how the line has evovled over the last couple of years, I have a hard time believing they are making a new sculpt for the stormtrooper or adding paint/holsters. And they are not that keen on screen accuracy as we've seen many times - if it's close enough, ship it.

I think the "new" stormtrooper sculpt is sufficient and they haven't exactly milked that sculpt yet, so there's that too. And are they really finished with milking the old sculpt yet?

Adding things like holster, paint and a new helmet could also mean deluxe territory ... for an army builder ... which defeats the entire purpose of the figure, IMO.

It's not that I don't want these things, but I think reality tells us something else.
Unless of course they said it's going to be a new tool like Dim Djarin.

Reaction score
Seeing the new reveals and how the line has evovled over the last couple of years, I have a hard time believing they are making a new sculpt for the stormtrooper or adding paint/holsters. And they are not that keen on screen accuracy as we've seen many times - if it's close enough, ship it.

I think the "new" stormtrooper sculpt is sufficient and they haven't exactly milked that sculpt yet, so there's that too. And are they really finished with milking the old sculpt yet?

Adding things like holster, paint and a new helmet could also mean deluxe territory ... for an army builder ... which defeats the entire purpose of the figure, IMO.

It's not that I don't want these things, but I think reality tells us something else.

I see what you're saying, but we did just get the Jedha Stormtrooper, which had a newly sculpted backpack and different paint applications to the frown and lenses. (To be fair, it was missing a few paint apps too!) So a black frown and holster are not inconceivable IMO.

But I'll be happy either way, as I can always use more Stormtroopers.

Reaction score

I could possibly see Hasbro adding a holster to the new Stormie mold for the RoTJ 40th release, but no way in hell do I see a new figure being sculpted.

Reaction score
My guess is holster and the original E11, or possibly a resculpt to bring its size in line with the R1 version.
I hope they leave the figure as is though. I've got about two dozen R1/Jeddha versions and if they change the helmet too much, thats going to be annoying (I don't mind a holster).

Reaction score
Which Ewok is that? So, we also got Wicket coming in the ROTJ 40th line which is new I believe, right?

Reaction score
Just wanted to quickly remind everyone that the Rogue One stormy uses a separate helmet glued onto the headsculpt underneath.

While I agree that full blown resculpts just for the 40th are unlikely, it's probably much easier and cheaper for them to do a new helmet when it's separate from the articulation and can just be glued to the head, even if it is a harder plastic than the flexible stuff used for, say, Boba Fett.

I don't think it needs a resculpt, the RotJ helmet isn't that different - really all it needs is a different paint app for the mouth (not even additional, just different) and maybe some slightly different colours for the panels above and around the brow. They've already shown repaints are acceptable with the clone variants/incinerator trooper/remnant stormtrooper/artillery trooper.

But if there were any sculpt differences worth bothering about on the helmet, I think the odds are better they'd change it here than with something like the leg sculpt or the original Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
I'm not home with my figs, but I thought all previous Stormies had the holster.
Did ROTJ troopers have a different holster?
If so, somehow I never realized it.

Reaction score

The new Stormtrooper mold, which was first released as part of the Mandalorian subline, is based on the Rouge One Stormtroopers, which didn't have holsters.

Reaction score
I want this.

I picked up the original Stormtrooper and Darth Vader when they first came out in the Black Series, but both were a bit disappointing.

I've since replaced both with the latest SHF iterations but those figures are also deeply flawed.

Hasbro is now in position to make the definitive ROTJ Vader and Stormtrooper with these upcoming releases.

My only qualm about the new Stormtrooper mold (which I've never actually seen in person) is the missing holster. I like all my toys to have functional holsters wherever possible.

Hasbro being Hasbro, they'll likely continue to omit it though, cause they love saving money. If that's the case I might try to figure out a way to fasten the removable holster from the SHF figure onto the Hasbro figure.

ezgif-3-f8409b07bc.jpg

Reaction score

ROTJ and ESB TKs have the holster on the right-hand side and ANH TKs on the left. Rogue One TKs don't have one.

The original BS6" Stormtrooper, intended as an ANH version, has the holster on the left-hand side. The current rotation of RO based Stormtrooper figures don't have holsters.

Reaction score
Holster wouldn't work with figures using the Rogue One E11 blaster because you have the mag on one side and the flashlight on the other.

Of course, that shouldn't be an issue for the RotJ version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holster wouldn't work with figures using the Rogue One E11 blaster because you have the mag on one side and the flashlight on the other.

Of course, that shouldn't be an issue for the RotJ version.

The prop/costume department could've designed a holster to fit the RO E-11 with the light, but they decided not to.

There's a version of the RO E-11 with a sling that may have been the intended replacement, though I believe all instances were omitted from the final cut of the film.

Reaction score
I want this.

I picked up the original Stormtrooper and Darth Vader when they first came out in the Black Series, but both were a bit disappointing.

I've since replaced both with the latest SHF iterations but those figures are also deeply flawed.

Hasbro is now in position to make the definitive ROTJ Vader and Stormtrooper with these upcoming releases.

My only qualm about the new Stormtrooper mold (which I've never actually seen in person) is the missing holster. I like all my toys to have functional holsters wherever possible.

Hasbro being Hasbro, they'll likely continue to omit it though, cause they love saving money. If that's the case I might try to figure out a way to fasten the removable holster from the SHF figure onto the Hasbro figure.

View attachment 441617
^ This is what we want Hasbro, hear the noise please 🤞

Reaction score
The prop/costume department could've designed a holster to fit the RO E-11 with the light, but they decided not to.

There's a version of the RO E-11 with a sling that may have been the intended replacement, though I believe all instances were omitted from the final cut of the film.
Sorry, meant for an action figure where the holster would have to be more rigid.

You could make the mag or flashlight removable I guess (GI Joe Classified does) but then you either have to add non Canon places to store them on the figure, or just accept its an inevitable sacrifice to the carpet monsters.

Reaction score
The new Stormtrooper mold, which was first released as part of the Mandalorian subline, is based on the Rouge One Stormtroopers, which didn't have holsters.

ROTJ and ESB TKs have the holster on the right-hand side and ANH TKs on the left. Rogue One TKs don't have one.

The original BS6" Stormtrooper, intended as an ANH version, has the holster on the left-hand side. The current rotation of RO based Stormtrooper figures don't have holsters.

Thanks for the info.
I have earlier BS Stormies, and Bandai's kit, but never picked up the later BS releases...didn't know they had no holster.

I suppose I'm old school Empire, I placed the holsters on the left side of my Bandai kits...the way the Emperor intended.

Reaction score
I know what I'm seeing is due to a combination of the packaging and photography and not the figure itself, but that is an awful pose. Getting strong Hasbro Collector series 12" Stormtrooper figure vibes.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Stormtrooper (40th ROTJ Anniversary). Code-named "Hagerman". Part of the 40th ROTJ Anniversary Wave 2. Repack of the Phase IV The Mandalorian sub-line #02. Comes with an E-11 blaster rifle. No changes from previous version.

On shelf Summer 2023. MSRP is $24.99. Available for pre-order tomorrow, November 30th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Commemorate the 40th Anniversary of STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI with this STORMTROOPER figure from The Black Series, featuring classic design and packaging! This premium 6-inch STORMTROOPER figure is inspired by the character’s appearance in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI. Fans can display this figure which features premium detail and multiple points of articulation. Includes figure and blaster accessory.

Press Images

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Carded-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Carded.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Loose-2.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Stormtrooper-Loose-4.jpg