Stormtrooper Prototype Edition - Retro Line (Target)

Reaction score
I had that happen to something else they held for me a while back. That's an employee that definitely has no clue about collectibles.
Exactly what I thought, and now that you mentioned to have had a similar situation, it seems it occasionally happens. The funny thing is that when we were selling our first home a couple of years ago, one of the people that came to see it walked in my collection room and was surprised to see all the Star Wars collectibles. I remember the lady saying: Wow! That is a lot of stuff. You've probably spent like $200 on it. Considering I've been collecting since '95 from action figures to high end collectibles and props, her estimation on the value of my collection sounded extremely low. My wife and I just looked at each other like: What?! Obviously the lady was someone with no idea of what she was looking at, and I guess the person writing over the prototype Stormtrooper card felt there was no real collectible value, just a toy. It's frustrating to see a perfectly good card get damaged, but we are really the few and we are a "crazy" bunch that sets value and feelings on plastic little guys, and most people just do not understand their importance to some of us. Oh, well. That's life. :)

Reaction score
Exactly what I thought, and now that you mentioned to have had a similar situation, it seems it occasionally happens. The funny thing is that when we were selling our first home a couple of years ago, one of the people that came to see it walked in my collection room and was surprised to see all the Star Wars collectibles. I remember the lady saying: Wow! That is a lot of stuff. You've probably spent like $200 on it. Considering I've been collecting since '95 from action figures to high end collectibles and props, her estimation on the value of my collection sounded extremely low. My wife and I just looked at each other like: What?! Obviously the lady was someone with no idea of what she was looking at, and I guess the person writing over the prototype Stormtrooper card felt there was no real collectible value, just a toy. It's frustrating to see a perfectly good card get damaged, but we are really the few and we are a "crazy" bunch that sets value and feelings on plastic little guys, and most people just do not understand their importance to some of us. Oh, well. That's life. :)
She was probably setting up her lowball offer. LOL

Reaction score

Lobotscomb must've bought all the rest of Target's bubble wrap stock when he picked up these Stormtroopers! What a great Rebelscum member! Thank you for hooking me up with these 2 and the extra special care in communication / packing / shipping!​

100% 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 feedback rating

Attachments

• IMG-9568.jpg
    IMG-9568.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG-9569.jpg
    IMG-9569.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
Reaction score
I think both of you have some valid points. The only thing I disagree with is thinking a damaged finish of a card by the way of perciveable indented writing on it for someone collecting MOMC, could be seen as being personalized. It would sort of be like buying a new car with a noticeable key job on it and thinking it is personalized 'cause no one else has one like that. :)
I agree, they both have valid points. When it comes to retail, its hit or miss as to how much a worker will go the extra mile to accommodate a customer. In reality, all retail stores should go above and beyond with their customers but as we know that doesnt happen. I been to a gamestop where the girl took my full boxes of returns and was happy to do it, she told me she was OCD about collecting. Yet I have had other workers at gamestop that were disappointed their store was getting damaged returns but they took the returns because thats their policy. You just never know.

That said, I am the customer and I want my the packaging that I buy my toys in to be pristine and in excellent shape, if it isnt, I wont buy it or if I get it online, I will return it.

Reaction score
Finally was able to pick up my two today. Target shipped them in a wee smaller box with no air pillows, but the double thick cards probably helped them from any real damage. Got blue and yellow torsos, so I'm happy. Wasn't digging the purple. Now I'm only missing picking up a Boba or two, but I'm not feeling it for that one for some reason.

Reaction score
If anyone have a green-headed retro stormtrooper they want to part with for cost? pm me.

Reaction score

Lobotscomb must've bought all the rest of Target's bubble wrap stock when he picked up these Stormtroopers! What a great Rebelscum member! Thank you for hooking me up with these 2 and the extra special care in communication / packing / shipping!​

100% 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 feedback rating
I also received a beautifully packaged Proto Stormtrooper this week from Lobotscomb. Thank You!!

Reaction score
Fett was never restocked here at any store that had gotten them. Stormtroopers have seen restocks though.

Reaction score
We got Fett restocks. It seemed most stores in my area got 1 case at a time. Then another came maybe a few days later at some stores and some about a week or so later. Then as the Raven said in the Edgar Allan Poe story, never more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What was the retail price on these?
It never rang up when they took the 3 I found away from me so I have no idea.
Someone offered it at cost but his price doesn't seem right to me.

Reaction score
His were $16, Close enough.

I didn't think they were $9.99 like the rest of the retros.

Reaction score
His were $16, Close enough.

I didn't think they were $9.99 like the rest of the retros.
Yea... when someone is offering to sell at "retail" cost, you need to keep in mind tax, shipping supply cost(tape, bubble wrap, boxes, ect...), PayPal fees,, and gas cost to and from the store and the post office.

I don't mind helping fellow collectors out but it can't be at my expense. So when the total comes to $30 for a $13.99 figure it doesn't immediately point to "scalping". Be courteous to someone trying to help you out. And don't take this as preaching... just trying to lay it all out there.

Reaction score
That's why i said close enough. $16 for a $14 figure isn't outrageous or scalping.

Never said it was.

I was simply asking what the retail price was as I never got to check out with the 3 I had in my hands the thursday before they were allowed to sell them.

I knew I would never see one again and haven't been back to target since that sunday when they were allowed to sell them and there were none there.

I am more curious about the fact that I had only found 3, so who WAS able to buy the other 5 in that case?

Reaction score
That's why i said close enough. $16 for a $14 figure isn't outrageous or scalping.

Never said it was.

I was simply asking what the retail price was as I never got to check out with the 3 I had in my hands the thursday before they were allowed to sell them.

I knew I would never see one again and haven't been back to target since that sunday when they were allowed to sell them and there were none there.

I am more curious about the fact that I had only found 3, so who WAS able to buy the other 5 in that case?
Employees or buddies of employees.

Reaction score
Does anyone have an extra GREEN torso combo?
Green seems to be the hardest followed by yellow.
Found a yellow this morning with a dinged bubble if anyone is interested looks ok head on though. Also found a red with the same issue at another Target picked him up too in case anyone wants it otherwise back to Target they go.

Attachments

• 1634571304692501098716.jpg
    1634571304692501098716.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 1634571325056195705369.jpg
    1634571325056195705369.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reaction score
Green seems to be the hardest followed by yellow.
Missing the Blue and Green versions, but not heart broken over Greeny. It's just my personal opinion, but I think the green body version is the least attractive of the bunch. If I found it at retail in good condition, I'd probably still buy it, but only because I have that "completist gene" in my blood.

Reaction score
Do we know how these are packed in a case? Are any colors more rare than others?
I’m trying to find a BLUE one and wondering if that’s harder to find than any others….

Reaction score
Do we know how these are packed in a case? Are any colors more rare than others?
I’m trying to find a BLUE one and wondering if that’s harder to find than any others….
I believe it's similar to the Boba Fett. They are packed 8 per case, with a set of six and two duplicates. There should be three case assortments, so the two duplicate figures are evenly mixed and none are any more rare than the rest.

Reaction score
Was able to order him for store pickup this morning. Checked the toy aisle and they had 3 more on an endcap star wars display. Left those on the pegs. Had a 25% off coupon on the app, so the figure was $11 and change.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have these four available if anyone is in need.

Attachments

• 20211031_135757.jpg
    20211031_135757.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Reaction score
I still have the two with the minor dings earlier in the the thread. If nobody wants them I am returning them this weekend.