Stormtrooper Prototype Edition - Retro Line (Target)

Reaction score
Got my order from Target today. Blue Torso & Purple Torso. Shipped in that same type snug little box my Fetts were shipped in. Barcode sticker on the front of each card. Peeled right off.

These guys look great. I know they are not for everyone, but i like them.

Reaction score
Target sent mine sealed tight in shrinkwrap, but they survived. And the barcode sticker was on the outside of the shrink. I got a blue torso, which I wanted, and an orange (would have preferred purple). Pic of the shrinky dink trooper:
Is that how it was shipped?

Reaction score
I got my order for two in the mail today and glad they came in a box. They were sliding around with some bubble padding inside. Other than some bubble scuffs they are in good shape. Just wish I got two different colors than two yellow stormtroopers. After the Fett, I’m glad I was able to get the preorder at least.

Reaction score
I hope the smaller retro collection sticker is a sign of things to come with future figures if they are continuing to abuse these card backs with them.

Reaction score
I guess Hasbro thinks if they didn't put a "Giant Retro Sticker" on the card we would leave them on the shelf.

e33b4884593de76dbf3cc1b7c6017e51--los-simpsons-homer-simpson.jpg

Reaction score
Ordered 2 and have received 2 different notices from Target asking me to approve new delivery dates (due to backorder).

Glad you all are finding them and are receiving them.

Reaction score
Actually found the figures hanging on the shelf right where they belong. That's never happened ever! Remarkable!

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone happens to have an extra RED one that they want to sell, please let me know. I had an extra Green one but traded it for a Orange one. Red is the last one I need to complete the set.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After agreeing to the shipping delay I received my Stormtrooper from Target today. It arrived in good shape.

Reaction score
My 2 preorders arrived. Orange and Blue bodies. Now I have 5 of the 6. Duplicate blue body. Only need Yellow body to complete the set.

Reaction score
So I found a blue body 26 miles away from home. I spoke with an employee on the phone and she said she would hold it for me at the front desk. I drove over to get it and the card and bubble were in perfect condition. The drawback was that someone used the front of the card as the resting place to write a note over it that read: "Please hold for customer". So, while the ink did not transfer to the card, all those words were indented on its front and could be clearly seen, even more when the light hit it. I only collect one of each figure carded, thus card condition is important to me AND the blue body is the only Stormtrooper I'd like to collect this time around. I left it at the front desk and nobody else has the figures.

That being said, I still need a BLUE head/torso Stormtrooper. If anyone could help with a Blue head/torso Stormtrooper, I'd appreciate it.:(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was able to place another pick-up order on Friday and got them yesterday. Received (2) Orange body. If anyone has extra MOC Green body and wants to trade, please PM me.

Reaction score
^ while I TOTALLY understand the idea of a perfect cardback, I personally wouldn't turn down a figure I desired to have in my collection. Yes, it's annoying to have intdndations like that but from another p.o.v. , that cardback became somewhat personalized just for you. Plus, that store did not have to hold it for you. Who knows, if they get too many hold requests that end up backing out, that store may stop all together holding an item for a customer. I would have bought it anyways and if I came across a better one, I could return the blemished one later. I am reminded of the time I called several out of town stores looking for the AOTC waitress droid wave back in "03 or so, because my closest target and tru was 90min+ away. WM was about 30 to 40 min away. One target had them and said they'd hold them for me, so I took the drive..it was a nice day for a ride as well. I get there and guess what...The person I had talked to did bring the wave up to GS and GS told me holding items was against store policy. So of course, figs were no longer there. I asked for manager to complain and as it turned out, he was the one that was at gs and he took the figures back to the sales floor or for himself.

Reaction score
I got a mint Stormtrooper today at Target. Only one hanging.

Reaction score
Going by torsos… I’ve got an extra red and an extra green.

Need Purple, Blue, and Yellow. I don’t care about card condition, they’ll all get opened eventually.

Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to trade.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ while I TOTALLY understand the idea of a perfect cardback, I personally wouldn't turn down a figure I desired to have in my collection. Yes, it's annoying to have intdndations like that but from another p.o.v. , that cardback became somewhat personalized just for you. Plus, that store did not have to hold it for you. Who knows, if they get too many hold requests that end up backing out, that store may stop all together holding an item for a customer. I would have bought it anyways and if I came across a better one, I could return the blemished one later. I am reminded of the time I called several out of town stores looking for the AOTC waitress droid wave back in "03 or so, because my closest target and tru was 90min+ away. WM was about 30 to 40 min away. One target had them and said they'd hold them for me, so I took the drive..it was a nice day for a ride as well. I get there and guess what...The person I had talked to did bring the wave up to GS and GS told me holding items was against store policy. So of course, figs were no longer there. I asked for manager to complain and as it turned out, he was the one that was at gs and he took the figures back to the sales floor or for himself.

Hi, as I was the one collector posting about the indentation issue, please allow me to say I respect your opinion. That said, we are all different in our own way of collecting, our own way to look at things, interpret them, make decisions. That is a fact. In my personal decision making to collect, I do not want a card clearly exposing some writing on it, and I left it behind for another person and that was my thought process when I first saw the issue. From a different perspective, however, a scalper probably would have bought it to sell it on Ebay (let's say). I did not do that. Another person would have bought it with the indententions just to open it as a loose collector. Someone with the same way of looking at it as you, would have not minded and kept it or buy it for trade down the road. Again, I think we all have our own way of spending our money on what we like and what we consider to be worth having. My opinion obviously differs from yours, and I'm O.K with that. I just fail to understand why my comment/find was looked at as if something I should not have done. I see your point in what you are saying, but again, it differs from how I see it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, as I was the one collector posting about the indentation issue, please allow me to say I respect your opinion. That said, we are all different in our own way of collecting, our own way to look at things, interpret them, make decisions. That is a fact. In my personal decision making to collect, I do not want a card clearly exposing some writing on it, and I left it behind for another person and that was my thought process when I first saw the issue. From a different perspective, however, a scalper probably would have bought it to sell it on Ebay (let's say). I did not do that. Another person would have bought it with the indententions just to open it as a loose collector. Someone with the same way of looking at it as you, would have not minded and kept it or buy it for trade down the road. Again, I think we all have our own way of spending our money on what we like and what we consider to be worth having. My opinion obviously differs from yours, and I'm O.K with that. I just fail to understand why my comment/find was looked at as if something I should not have done. I see your point in what you are saying, but again, it differs from how I see it. Thanks.
^ my post was definitely not a "you should have..." posy. I was just commenting that if I was something I strongly desired, I'd not pass o it. I would still continue to search for a better version but after 5 hours, 5 days 5 month, 5 years, or 5 decades I wouldn't want to feel, "damn, I shouldve bought that" and have a hole in my collection.. I have had to succumb to purchasing a sub par packeaged product. Sometime I did find a suitable replacement and returned the orig. 0ther times, I didn't find a replacement, but I'm not wasting time now wishing and hunting for those. ..but that's me. And again, I was not in any way critizing, but merely commenting. Plus given how fickle and anal as target has been over the years, if they were kind enough to hold an item. I wouldn't risk turning it down because the next time, you may have a situation I experienced or they flat out refuse to hold a "collectable".

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ my post was definitely not a "you should have..." posy. I was just commenting that if I was something I strongly desired, I'd not pass o it. I would still continue to search for a better version but after 5 hours, 5 days 5 month, 5 years, or 5 decades I wouldn't want to feel, "damn, I shouldve bought that" and have a hole in my collection.. I have had to succumb to purchasing a sub par packeaged product. Sometime I did find a suitable replacement and returned the orig. 0ther times, I didn't find a replacement, but I'm not wasting time now wishing and hunting for those. ..but that's me. And again, I was not in any way critizing, but merely commenting. Plus given how fickle and anal as target has been over the years, if they were kind enough to hold an item. I wouldn't risk turning it down because the next time, you may have a situation I experienced or they flat out refuse to hold a "collectable".

I hear you and I appreciate the clarification. It just came across the wrong way. Like I said, I do see your point in what you are saying, and it is just a matter of choice, definately. I'm interested in getting this one figure (not the entire set of six) because the color blue happens to be my favorite color, and I do not have room for multiples of a same figure in different colors as I collect other things besides action figures. I do desire the figure, but as I said, I want to have it in a specific way. Leaving it behind was not a big deal to me as I continue to search for one the way I want it to be, thus no second thoughts about it in all honesty. I only hope another collector less "picky" than me (if you wish to see my choice that way), about card condition got to it, not a scalper. I also thought for a second of getting the card and offering it here at cost as I did with 9 protype Fetts last month, however, my MOMC train of thought kicked in and my reaction was at the time as if probably nobody else would want it :) As far as the Target employee holding the item for me, I'm deeply thankful for it. She was kind and understanding and indeed made an effort to help me out and put the card on hold for me. She did not have to do it. I cannot say it was this person the one writing on the card, and if she was the one, the only thing I felt uncomfortable about was driving 26 miles considering how expensive gas has become. Whether it was this lady or somebody else, I'm sure it was not done purposely but rather and overlook on what was being done, considering not everybody is a collector nor know how picky some of us could be. To sum it all up, I just hope I can find a Blue head/torso Stormtrooper the way I want it, and wish I everyone to have one or three or all six the same way they want it as well. Good luck to everyone! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think both of you have some valid points. The only thing I disagree with is thinking a damaged finish of a card by the way of perciveable indented writing on it for someone collecting MOMC, could be seen as being personalized. It would sort of be like buying a new car with a noticeable key job on it and thinking it is personalized 'cause no one else has one like that. :)

Reaction score
^ depends on what was written. "[Hold] for (insert your name)" then it could be personalized..that's what I meant

Reaction score
This is really a silly discussion, and I'm sure most people collecting MOMC would have left it behind as the card's condition would have not appealed to them. Really, how many MOMC collectors, as Force Strong claims to be, would want a card with indented writing on it, even if it had their own name written? C'mon! :)

Edit: As far as the collector from New Zealand below expressing his opinion, by your own account you are more of a carded collector than a MOMC collector, in great part due to the more limited distribution of figures in your country. There is a difference and it's all about the choices we make based on our own preferences and circumstances around us. I've known a few MOMC collectors like Force Strong, and they would never buy a card in the condition as previously described even if supply is low. Also the suggestion of just buying the figure despite the damaged state of the card simply because an employee held it for FS is one I do not find much logic on. As customers we are thankful for the help of an employee, but ultimately we buy what we consider worthy of a purchase. It'd be silly, for instance, buying a pair of shoes because an employee put it aside for us, despite when you get to see them first hand the shoes are stained. In all, MOMC means no blemishes, and it is clear a card marked with indented writing has been blemished.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All ‘personalisation’ discussion aside, most of what I acquire at present I keep carded - irrespective of whatever state the card is in.

And when the choice presents itself, I’d always choose the best looking card to go along with the best looking figure (paint-apps, etc).

Having said that, I absolutely concur with @R1G4R3PO that in the current climate of supply, demand, limited runs, Hasbro’s sometimes perplexing business model, etc - I also would pick up any sought-after item irrespective of its condition, as chances are I’ll never see it again at retail, or even online. This has been the way for me, for as long as I have collected.

I’m also speaking from my perspective here in New Zealand - where often the chance of finding even a badly-damaged cardstocked figure at retail is slim-to-none.

To [badly] reappropriate from another unrelated genre; SW collecting at retail in New Zealand is pretty much, if you see something you like, do not hesitate, instead…

buy-buy-buy.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I found a blue body 26 miles away from home. I spoke with an employee on the phone and she said she would hold it for me at the front desk. I drove over to get it and the card and bubble were in perfect condition. The drawback was that someone used the front of the card as the resting place to write a note over it that read: "Please hold for customer". So, while the ink did not transfer to the card, all those words were indented on its front and could be clearly seen, even more when the light hit it. I only collect one of each figure carded, thus card condition is important to me AND the blue body is the only Stormtrooper I'd like to collect this time around. I left it at the front desk and nobody else has the figures.

That being said, I still need a BLUE head/torso Stormtrooper. If anyone could help with a Blue head/torso Stormtrooper, I'd appreciate it.:(
I had that happen to something else they held for me a while back. That's an employee that definitely has no clue about collectibles.