Stormtrooper Prototype Edition - Retro Line (Target)

GNT

Reaction score
STAR WARS: RETRO COLLECTION 3.75-INCH STORMTROOPER PROTOTYPE EDITION Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $12.99/Available: Fall 2021)

Inspired by the original 1970s Kenner STAR WARS line, this this collectible STAR WARS: RETRO COLLECTION 3.75-INCH STORMTROOPER PROTOTYPE EDITION Figure makes a great gift for fans and collectors. Featuring original Kenner design and sculpt, this poseable figure with multi-colored prototype deco has a premium design with five points of articulation. Includes figure and accessory. Available exclusively at Target.

Will be available in 6 different colour decos.

Who’s picking up this release?

Attachments

• 63CB57EC-214A-466D-9DD8-D5AF48B0D45C.jpeg
    63CB57EC-214A-466D-9DD8-D5AF48B0D45C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • F7A3A46E-E597-423B-8489-A59FB674BB43.jpeg
    F7A3A46E-E597-423B-8489-A59FB674BB43.jpeg
    944.1 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Stormtrooper Prototype Edition. Six different color variations. Blaster is included in the color variations this time. Head and body are the same color.

Target
Target-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive in the U.S., TRU Exclusive in Canada, Fan-Channel Exclusive in the U.K.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, September 9th, at 1:00pm ET HERE. On shelf Fall 2021. MSRP is $12.99 (Ended up being $13.99.)

Press Images

Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Carded-Resized.jpg
Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Carded.jpg

Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Loose-2.jpg

Retro-Stormtrooper-Prototype-Edition-Loose-6.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
How fast will these sell out online?
I'll make an attempt to order one tomorrow.
And then I'll be in line at my local store with other collectors trying to score one off the shelf!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know Boba's popularity is a whole different beast compared to the Stormtrooper, but with 1 per order on Boba, it pre-sold out in minutes, if that.

This will be no different.

Reaction score
With the Proto Fett even with the one per order it sold out fast
At the time Fett went up they only had a limitation of one per order, and you could place as many separate orders as possible. I was able to place two separate orders before they sold out. With the newer system, it is only one per order, per account, per day. It's much more limiting now.

Reaction score
They have realled learned how to milk you all: now with multiple weapon color variations. One was cool, but a whole line of this type thing? You all keep buying this stuff, the TVC and Black Series will remain 80% Expressions (repaints, Patrick; they are called repaints)

Reaction score
I have to say, these will quickly lose their appeal when they're pumped out as novelty exclusives. I can see it happening a couple times, but now going for another so quickly after Boba, makes them feel more lackluster. I also don't think the figure looks so great - Boba looks far superior in my opinion, best of the three. For the trooper, I really think the selling point is the cardback, more than the figure itself - I honestly wish they'd give it a rest, I don't want to see all the armored Kenner sculpts in rainbow colors, when they can think up alternate exclusives with a bit more creativity...

Reaction score
Put in a pre-order for two that went through. Now it looks like the preorders are done. Tried to get another in, but it was too late.

Reaction score
Well. I guess I ended up with one. Not sure why my second order was cancelled. I guess I needed to try 2 at a time. I hope the one I get doesnt come mangled.

Reaction score
Last night, I heard about this going on sale today. I logged in to Target 3 minutes before the time I was told, and refreshed until about 5 minutes after. Nothing came up so I thought I heard wrong. Then I came here and saw the posts, so thank you, got 2 on order! Was able to have time to add another item too, to get free shipping.

Reaction score
ugh...I was so busy with other stuff I didn't even know about this one. Oh well...here we go again

Reaction score
Stormie showed up late on the website. he lasted longer than Fett, but that's understandable. Let's all pray all goes well from here on out.

Also surprised the limit was 2, not like Boba and 1.

Glad I could help many of you with that link.

Reaction score
First time ever a prototype retro figure pre-order works for me lol Maybe I should walk into a Target today and I will find the Rogue One x-wing

Reaction score
For some reason, I don't like this one as much as Fett...maybe because I like white Stormtroopers? I do think the multi colored weapons though.

Reaction score
I went in for just 1 of these. Nice to see them stick around a bit longer than a miniute.

* I was super excited about the proto Vader and it sold out in my cart.
* I was somewhat into the proto Fett at first, and it also sold out in my cart while checking out.
* I am only a little interested in this Stormtrooper and it was super easy to get.

I think my lack of excitment for this Stormtrooper comes from the look of the color break-up. There's just too much of a single color in the head-torso area due to it being sculpted together.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Updated post #2 with pre-order link.

Was able to get in an order for two.

Well. I guess I ended up with one. Not sure why my second order was cancelled. I guess I needed to try 2 at a time. I hope the one I get doesnt come mangled.
You're limited to only one order per day/per item/per account regardless of whether you ordered one or two.

Reaction score
I ended up getting only 2. There were a flurry of emails and wasn't sure if there was one confirmed order so I did a few. Kudos to Target for the limit and for not posting the link early so the bots could gobble them all up.

Reaction score
Ordered 1 at first since I was in a hurry. Afterwards I saw that I might have been able to order 2 so I ordered another one. That order got cancelled right away. So I guess its one order per account even If you only order 1. Wish I would have noticed that I could order 2 at the beginning.