Stormtrooper Commander - TFU

Reaction score
Whether I get this or not totally depends on price. If it were the newest Stormtrooper mold that's on the ones coming out at Walmart, this one would have been a definite buy. Now, I'll wait for it in stores and decide at that time. I expect him to be slightly more expensive which is why I can't decide if I'll get him or not yet.

Reaction score
I have to say it's both a relief and frustrating that they finally dropped the Star Wars cardback for these. Now you have 'Gaming Greats' figures under the EU logo, SW card w/GG logo, and now each game gets their own logo. Really wish they just stuck with EU.

Reaction score
I don’t know why, but I just love this design, so I’ll definitely pick one up. I already have the old one from around 2008 on that horrible old stormtrooper mold.

Reaction score
Nice release, the BS version was crap with the old body mold...

Reaction score
Excellent, but should've came with the personal shield effect.

Reaction score
Turned my back on hunting down the TAC version after VC140 came out since I figured it was only a matter of time before they remade these guys. Glad we had to wait so long if it meant getting it with the updated ankles.

Reaction score
I love my stormtroopers but....ugh....I hate these wacky color schemes. This, the flame trooper, and the mortar trooper I just can't get behind.

EDIT: ooooo I want that rifle tho. They're hard to get!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pass I have the previous TAC SWshop exclusive.
i forgot SWS rereleased this as a SDCC excl in 09 (TLC). I bit bullet and got the original GameStop TAC release in '07 or '08 off ebay. Funny though, when this new tvc one was announced, in my mind i knew orig. was a GS excl (obviously) but mentally picturing the SWS TLC version, LoL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Repost from General Discussion.

Stormtrooper Commander Gaming Greats from The Force Unleashed. Code-named "Smoke". Comes with blaster rifle and heavy blaster. Has rocker ankles.

This is a Fan-Channel Exclusive. Available for pre-order May 5th at 1pm ET. On shelf Fall 2022. MSRP is $16.99.

Press Release

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature original vintage-inspired packaging and Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH GAMING GREATS STORMTROOPER COMMANDER figure is inspired by the character in the STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED video game. The game follows Darth Vader's secret apprentice, trained to hunt down Jedi, while Stormtrooper Commanders lead Imperial troops into battle. Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-inch-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes figure and 2 detachable entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

VC-Stormtrooper-Commander-TFU-Gaming-Greats-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Stormtrooper-Commander-TFU-Gaming-Greats-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-Commander-TFU-Gaming-Greats-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Stormtrooper-Commander-TFU-Gaming-Greats-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Stormtrooper-Commander-TFU-Gaming-Greats-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-Commander-TFU-Gaming-Greats-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Stormtrooper-Commander-TFU-Gaming-Greats-Loose-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Pre-Order Links

Gamestop

Last edited:
Reaction score
this was bumped from eta 10/1 to 7/18 AND listed now as back order on deep discount, so if you got this preordered at EE or the like, look for shipping notices in near future (my Lando, Shea and OWK wave all shipped less than 2 weeks from EE after I saw updates on DD)

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone received this from deep discount? Fig was removed today from thier site after being updated to backordered and new arrival date of 7/18.
I'm waiting for EE.

Reaction score
The stormtrooper commander from TFU is neat. I think there are only two negative points for me: 1. there's no holster on this one (but I've never played the game, so I don't know if he had one in it), and 2. more importantly, is the rubbery material used for the bigger rifle; there will be lots of complaints about that one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
storm1.jpg
I will always treasure the original Gamestop exclusive. It's a cool Clone-esque paint job for a trooper from one of my favorite SW games. I got my copy from a cousin, he just gave me his despite being a massive geek himself.

So now we have an update using the awesome TVC 2.0 mold. The blue is a little brighter and some of the patterns are slightly different in thickness and placement

storm2.jpg
You just can't beat this new mold though, that helmet sculpt, the more realistic paint chipping and the improved articulation make the original pale in comparison. Only true balljoint hips and a holster could improve this guy.

Reaction score
Well I guess that's one good reason to get this version out again, that darn yellowing body...

Reaction score
this was bumped from eta 10/1 to 7/18 AND listed now as back order on deep discount, so if you got this preordered at EE or the like, look for shipping notices in near future (my Lando, Shea and OWK wave all shipped less than 2 weeks from EE after I saw updates on DD)

Just curious, has anyone received this from deep discount? Fig was removed today from thier site after being updated to backordered and new arrival date of 7/18.
I'm waiting for EE.
Just as I predicted....EE is processing preorders right now 👍

Reaction score
I'm waiting for EE.
Mine came today. Trashed as h@$* due to the undersized boxes they use. I'm cancelling the rest of my preorders and sticking with EE from here on. Never had an issue with them.

Attachments

• 20220729_204331.jpg
    20220729_204331.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Mine came today. Trashed as h@$* due to the undersized boxes they use. I'm cancelling the rest of my preorders and sticking with EE from here on. Never had an issue with them.

What do you want from a place called DeepDiscount that is selling these cheaper than almost everyone else?

If you want mint pay for it.

Reaction score
What do you want from a place called DeepDiscount that is selling these cheaper than almost everyone else?

Funny thing is, thier prices on new items, except the Jedi survivor 3pk, are higher than EE, amazon or DST, ...so no "deep discount"

Reaction score
Funny thing is, thier prices on new items, except the Jedi survivor 3pk, are higher than EE, amazon or DST, ...so no "deep discount"

Fine but that wasn't really my point. DD is not going to give us anywhere near the same level of attention when it comes to card condition etc. They basically function like a wholesale warehouse in some respects while EE/DST/BBTS whole business is about getting collectibles out in mint condition (which they still manage to **** up sometimes).

DD shouldn't be held to a standard any higher than Walmart or Amazon when it comes to card condition and the like.

Reaction score

Fine but that wasn't really my point. DD is not going to give us anywhere near the same level of attention when it comes to card condition etc. They basically function like a wholesale warehouse in some respects while EE/DST/BBTS whole business is about getting collectibles out in mint condition (which they still manage to **** up sometimes).

DD shouldn't be held to a standard any higher than Walmart or Amazon when it comes to card condition and the like.

^^^^ THIS

DD is a bulk discounter - they want to move as much crap out as possible and aren't going to give a crap about card backs or bubbles on toy figures.

Reaction score

that wasn't really my point.
Kinda was since yoy inferred pricing

But, yeah true that DD is not meant to be collector friendly, no more than tj Maxx, Ross, or Tues AM. But as a "discounter" thier prices do not reflect that at all

Reaction score
Kinda was since yoy inferred pricing

But, yeah true that DD is not meant to be collector friendly, no more than tj Maxx, Ross, or Tues AM. But as a "discounter" thier prices do not reflect that at all

I mean RIGHT NOW the prices on those particular figures might be at or above what EE is charging but we have seen DD prices fluctuate almost daily and they typically dip way below what the others charge. I pre-ordered Lando and Shae figures from them for $13.29 each. The Slave I is already available for $20 off.

As a whole DD is a warehouse that pumps out merchandise at a discount with little to no regard for packaging (because it's... packaging) and I wouldn't expect more than that.

The difference between DD and TJ Maxx etc is that those are brick and mortar discount chains that sell overstock and old discontinued items. DD is more akin to Amazon or Walmart where they offer new and relevant merchandise.

Reaction score
For those keeping track at home this is shipping 2 months earlier than EE had estimated. Yakface posted back on 06/26 that these were hitting the US warehouses, so gives you a rough idea of the supply pipeline for this one.

Capture191.jpg

Capture190.PNG

Last edited: