#starwarsvotefromthevault

GNT

Reaction score
Republic Trooper has won:

1620214723991.jpeg

Hasbro is running a contest on social media to decide which figure will be remade from the vault, the figure will have photo real deco and the choices include:

Imperial Assault Tank Driver - Rogue One
Starkiller - Vader’s Apprentice - EU
Ahsoka Tano - TCW
Weequay - ROTJ
Republic Trooper - The Old Republic - EU

Who did you vote for?

Reaction score
None. They'll make what they want whenever they want without input from us, this is just a PR move to seem like they care.
If it was truly a vote from the vault they would tell us who is still available to make, as in which molds weren't lost in the move.

Then we'd have a better understanding on who to pine after and stop chasing dreams.

Reaction score
And one of the other sites is reporting this is now a Hasbro Pulse/Shop Disney exclusive. We have to face it - we are totally being punked. The recent Black Series archive wave proves that. TBS gets a re-release of the Scarif Stormtrooper, Tank Driver, and Death Trooper. All army builders that were short-packed or never saw retail in the TVC line and ones we've been wanting them to release more of. They can release an entire wave of wanted figures for TBS but not TVC? B***S***.

Reaction score
I never understood why they would make a vehicle driver in a scale that will never have that vehicle?

Starkiller is the only one I would be interested in, but I could list a dozen or so that I.d rather have.

Reaction score
Hasbro should spend less time on games and more on better distribution and product availability.

But if I had to pick... Weequay, of course.

Reaction score
Imperial Assault Tank Driver - Rogue One - Too recent
Starkiller - Vader’s Apprentice - EU - Repacked in Black Series
Ahsoka Tano - TCW - Repacked in Black Series
Weequay - ROTJ
Republic Trooper - The Old Republic - EU - Repacked in Black Series

Has to be Weequay for me.

Reaction score
#MakeTheFansFight to distract from any real progress with this line instead of just making an entire wave with these figures.

Makes zero sense. They're all in demand. It's almost like they just enjoy watching collectors fight each other on top of having to fight scalpers and poor distribution.

Reaction score
I don't do social media anymore, oh well...I'll just purchase 1 of whatever they decide since I have the originals.

Reaction score
If it does wind up being Ahsoka I think it will be funny because about the time it will come out we will likely be getting close to getting her S7 figure and then shortly after her Ahsoka appearance.

Reaction score
Through process of elimination I went with Starkiller. I think I have 3 or 4 of them already (VC MOC, loose for each set of gear) but I guess Photo Real would be nice as this character was based on an actual actor. I ended up with 3 of the Old Republic (one MOC, loose for each "look") and Photo Real doesn't matter to me with this character. Don't care for another Weequay and that Tank Driver was released like 2 years ago (which speaks more to Hasbro **** distribution). Ahsoka will win which I am ok with. Again I have a few already, especially since this was basically a TBS/Walmart peg warmer a few years ago, but Photo Real could be interesting.

All in all...this is a pretty stupid initiative on their part. Just re-release these as part of the re-pack/update waves and not Endor Han and Peasant Anakin FFS

Reaction score
I don't use social media either, so I didn't vote. I just hope if Ahsoka wins, that they realize the demand for her Mando appearance outfit in TVC will remain strong, and a repack wont cut it for this characters popularity.

If this helps fan's get a figure they want, I'm all for it, but realize you'll be buying it from Pulse as an exclusive. I honestly feel polls like this are more of a distraction to the fanbase, to make them feel engaged, while they're simply sending more repacks into the market, instead of having a meaningful vote or pushing the top contenders from the 2018 Fans Choice Poll that remain in high demand.

Reaction score
I watched one of the After-Con q and a videos last night and they were asked 'why not just do a wave of all these figures' and their answer was basicallybecause they've already got their new and repack waves slotted out, so that's why it's just one figure coming as an exclusive.

I can understand the logic in that thinking, but considering what the TVC/black series output is yearly, compared to Marvel or Any other big franchise, I feel like Star Wars action figures (TVC and TBS) are really two equal and smaller slices of a bigger pie to them that includes all the other non-figure stuff. During that same video, I also found out there is a high after market demand for the Kylo Ren black series helmet, so things like thst for instance.

Reaction score
Okay, but why does it matter if things are slotted out? They've already told us the "Fan Channel" repaint waves don't take up slots in TVC so just treat these Fan Poll "bonus" figures the same way. So did they purposely leave one slot open for this "fan poll" repack, or was it to simply fill a space created by the incorrect numbering of Din Djarin and/or Incinerator Trooper causing them to skip 176?

Their wording makes it seem like absolutely no figures past a certain number can be made because ***'s physically impossible.

Reaction score
Weequay all the way. Anyone wasting their vote on a trooper needs to have their head examined. Just buy one of the 8 thousand other troopers.

Reaction score
I agree with the prevailing opinion that it's both stupid and hurtful to put these five in contention against each other, when we need all of them and more. And Hasbro knows that, or they would not have made that list. Nobody asked for repacks of Endor Han or Hoth Luke. Hasbro can say those aren't really meant for us, but they should check where those repacks are actually going and who's actually buying them. Pretty damn sure it's us.

Reaction score
Hasbro can say those aren't really meant for us, but they should check where those repacks are actually going and who's actually buying them. Pretty damn sure it's us.
I'm convinced it's just new MOC collectors. Almost every repack wave they've put out has at least one figure I was able to buy loose or in different packaging off eBay for less than $10. I think trench coat Han I bought in his black series Wal-Mart box for $4 And Hoth Luke for $10 on his black series card. Clearly they're looking at the aftermarket to see what's sought after for a poll.

Reaction score
This is why I'll be unhappy if Ahsoka wins the poll. She was also repacked in the boxed Black Series, and I scored two of them at Burlington for 2.99 each. The figure itself is not rare. Just the cardback. And MOC collectors are going to be annoyed if she gets suddenly devalued. Meanwhile others, namely Republic Trooper and Weequay, are actually rare figures.

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Weequay figure reissued, but not in this format. I'd like to see another Skiff Guard 3-pack released. But this time include this Weequay plus two previously unmade Skiff guards. Ideally? Velken Tezeri (last of the prisoner Skiff guards) and a TVC version of Barada. The previous released of Barada dates back to the POTF2 days.

Reaction score
To be announced on May 4th?
A cursory scroll through the comments on the associated instagram and facebook posts seems to indicate that the winner will either be #Starkiller or #RepublicTrooper.

Reaction score
Out of those two I hope it's Starkiller. I was rooting for Weequay, but Starkiller was a close second. I loved those games. I played Knights of the Republic and it's great. Never played The Old Republic though so I have absolutely no connection to the Republic Trooper. If it was Bastila Shan I'd have been more conflicted. She was kind of annoying in the game, but it's insane they haven't made everybody from the main crew of KOTOR. That game came out when they were at the peak of releasing the most obscure characters and all we have in that crew is Bastila Shan, HK-47, and I guess technically Revan.

Reaction score
Either one will do for me. Hasbro could even be generous or smart enough to put both or even all four finalists in a case and be done with them.

Reaction score
I guess they did me a favor by going with this guy and saving me $14, though I didn't even ask for it. Any one of other choices I would have definitely bought lol.

Reaction score
Eh! I was rooting for Weequay as it's OT, it was hard to get to begin with as wasn't it just online, it's ABSURDLY expensive now, and I feel like most of these have a chance of getting a new figure down the road. I mean...we'll get another Ahsoka. We'll get more troopers. True we may not get another Starkiller, but I thought the very idea of Starkiller was dumb. This Weequay likely won't get remade for a decade or longer.

Will they EVER re-release it?! COME ON!