Starwars Identities Exhibition

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread on this as couldnt see any mention of it anywhere which surprised me!

I went this amazing exhibition last week and was totally blown away with what they had on display! 200 original costumes, artwork and props direct from the Lucas film archives. I'm sure the introduction said George Lucas conceived the idea of the exhibition.

So much cool stuf from the archives displayed, I lost 3 hours their, walking around in awe. i was particularly impressed with the original Ralph mquarrie artwork, I had seen so many references of it and prints but to see the original up close was something else!

They had a studio model of the millenium falcon used on empire along with y wings, x wings and imperial ships including a MASSIVE star destroyer. They had soooo many costumes from the original trilogy as well as the prequels including Luke's return of the Jedi outfit and palpatines. Another highlight was the ROTJ Vader reveal helmet.

I would massively recommend going to check it out, it's great for kids also as there is a "discover yourself" theme that runs through out the exhibition which keeps the kids interested, that's if seeing Han Solo in carbonate up close is not enough to keep the interest going:)

so yeh totally blown away, I took loads of pics on my phone but I think I'm gonna go back with my SLR and get some proper shots.

Heres the website with with more info: http://www.starwarsidentities.com/

Reaction score
Good to hear a review of it, I'm looking to go at some point this year, probably when it warms up a bit. I went to a Star Wars exhibition that was at the town hall near London Eye a few years back (which is now the location of London Dungeon) which had some props, costumes and McQuarrie art and that was amazing, so I am really looking forward to having a look at this exhibition.

Reaction score
I went twice. I took over 600 pics. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

the headset-sideshow and 'create your own character' theme was.. fun. for the kids. I didn't bother wearing the headset the second time through. all of the info was stuff I already knew. it's more for the casual fan...

..but I was a kid in a candy store, just being exposed to all the props and costumes. I had never seen any sort of 'screen-used' items in person before. it was like a pilgrimage to the holy land. I was blown away.

(I'm quite convinced: the headset-tour-..thing, has an ulterior motive: to funnel people through in a timely manner, as they move from one checkpoint to the next ... BECAUSE ... left to our own devices, we'd ALL spend about four hours inside, we'd lose track of all time (and ourselves) and slip into a perpetual state of hypnotized delirium -- they'd have to send a search party to find EACH patron drooling on ourselves like zombies in a Walking Dead episode -- seriously: we'd NEVER leave) :\ (I think I left a part of myself behind, like Picard in the Nexus *sigh*)

Reaction score
Yeh i know what you mean about the headset being used to funnel people. My wife and I did use them and found ourselfves queuing up to get access to the panels. I will most certainly will be going again with my camera and I won't bother with the headset 2nd time.

it is incredible to be surrounded by that many screen used props! the weathering in particular was so cool to see up close. I litrually had my face up against the window just staring at r2 and 3po and the battle droid. I also set the alarm off as I was leaning over the barrier to get a closer look at anakins costume and lightsaber from episode 2, as it wasn't behind glass I leaned over to get a closer look as wanted to see the detail of the saber closer, then a siren started going off, I didn't even realise it was me until the wife was like what are you doing lol

i think I may book a day off work and go up in hope that it would be quieter, I believe it's on until September

Reaction score
A few years ago the show was in Washington DC, I didn't think I'd be able to go down & see it but as it turns out I visited my nephews down in VA & that was the week they took them to DC. (The exibit had close 1 week earlier, but the stuff was still there.) So there I am standing peaking through the gates trying to see whatever was not taken away. It killed me being few away from the Vader Costume but not able to see it.

:)

Reaction score
Just a follow up and some news on this

Time Out have a deal on currently for money off vouchers for the exibition

https://www.timeout.com/london/shop/experience-star-wars-identities-february-2017?cid=eml~GB_LON~OF~1401063874~experience-star-wars-identities-february-2017~&refid=email-1401063874-POS1-experience-star-wars-identities-february-2017~CTA~2017-02-08

If your thinking of going, book through this for cheaper tickets!

I know im gonna pay a 2nd visit for sure before all this goes into George's LA museum!

Reaction score
I went for a 2nd trip last Friday for my birthday and took my decent camera with me! Got some nice pics which il share on this thread when I get around to editing.

has anyone else been or plan to go? I couldn't recomend it higher if your in London and have a few hours to kill. I would say go during a weekday whilst the kids are at school, there were only a handful of people in there Friday and I had rooms to myself to wander around, so much better than before it was really busy!

Reaction score
Hello.
If anyone has any video of the exhibit, I would be interested.
I have other exhibit footage to trade. Also, interested in certain photos of props.
Please e-mail me at drs3@yahoo.com. PMs are full. Use subject, "SW Identities".
Thank you.