Starwars F-Toys from Japan!

Reaction score
Nice display! What are the 2 Falcons on each side of the F-Toys version?

Cheers, Boss. That's the Hallmark "The Adventure Begins" Falcon on the left, the DeAgostini to the right, and the Tomy below it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wouldn't It be great If F-Toys could make a collector fleet size Medical Frigate?
It would be such a welcome addition! :grin:

Reaction score
I would love that too Ieya, but I gotta say I'm pretty friggin' happy with the Titanium Frigate. *humming Friggin' In The Riggin'* :)
Love to see F-Toys tackle more of the capital ships of the Imperial Navy. Can you imagine an Acclamator, Interdictor, and Eclipse SSD? *drooling onto the floor*

So anyhoo guys, I finally caved and ordered the F-Toys Ep. III Falcon from a Japanese e-store for $19 + $4 shipping. It's still at least 5 bucks too high (IMHO) but I just couldn't take it any longer! Ack!!!
Plus they take Paypal, which is just like paying with Monopoly money, huh? ;)

Reaction score
Nice DD! I'm still waiting for the regular Falcon to come down in price before I jump in. I actually recently bought some SW KotOR miniatures to go with my Revan, Malak, Nihilus, and Bastila figures. If onlt there was an Ebon Hawk as well...

Reaction score
Thanks, DW. I detailed my F-Toys Falcon earlier using the beguiling Unreality Technique (cheers!) and I felt compelled by the Gods to buy the Envoy afterwards, despite the stupid price.
But I just can't believe how accurate and detailed the moulding is, gotta give mad props to Fine Molds and F-Toys. Word. ;)

I just bought mounted minis (i.e. Tusken on a Bantha) but I think that all of the WotC minis are quite amazing. I especially like their Sith Witches and Droid Army stuff.
Just perfect for AF, but there's heaps in there for TS fans, too.
Oh, and sign me up for a Hawk, too.

Reaction score
Got an F-Toys Stellar Envoy Falcon in this week. It's really nicely done (sculpting is amazing!) but I'd echo Unreality's comment that it's a bit too turquoise, rather than blue. I'm gonna assemble it and add detail washes (using UnR's patented method once again) but here's an out-of-the-box comparison pic of it next to the Titanium, for your viewing pleasure.

Reaction score
Looks like Tomy/Takara have released a second set of SW Lego gashapon. Not interested myself: I wish Tomy would go back to the dioramas... they were much cooler, IMHO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is ridiculous - I still can't find a decently priced F-toys Falcon! Even the Stellar Envoy seems to be cheaper than the regular Falcon now, very odd.

Reaction score
Disappointing indeed, I was hoping they'd cover more PT and CW vehicles. By the looks of the next wave, this line might already be finished. A repaint / repack bonanza just like with Titanium is often the kiss of death...

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Duranium! There was only one local retailer who brought in F-toys and he closed shop just before Vol. 4 was released, so I'm a little pleased to see the Star Destroyer coming back. Just this past week I found a newer shop that brings these in and I was able to pick up a bunch of Vol. 5. The shop is very popular so I have no doubt it'll be around for this set.

I just did a quick look on the bay and the Star Destroyer isn't nearly as high as it was before, topping off at about $16. I may not need to deal with blind boxes. Well, we'll just have to wait and see what the secret vehicle is.

You're words are haunting sidious. To see the end of this line would definitely mark the end of the world. I suppose F-toys is taking those Mayans very seriously.

Reaction score
Here's a somewhat dodgy translation of the Platz website's release info:

The latest in a series to be released series "Star Wars Vehicle Collection" Efutoizu very popular!
This time lineup also say carefully selected the best version of the popular items so far.

It was such as would many TIE Fighter and X-wing, some people can not get that last drink the tears.
Internal use of what we miss to buy, I would recommend buying more than one!!

Leg rest five years since its release the first of 2008.
Latest collection vehicle and 6th, the best version carefully selected popular items.
From among the wide collection of more than 20 models that have been delivered so far, I have aligned the seven items were higher rating especially popular.
Please enjoy the extensive lineup of Star Wars これぞ.

All 7 species?

Based on previous releases, I think that the last line indicates that there will indeed be a secret/special item so that's probably good news.

"Drink the tears and leg rest!" Yeah, I agree with DS and Leo: it is not a good sign that this entire wave is repack/repaint city. But I'd thought the last wave (#5) was probably gonna be the last one, actually. But ultimately, we really have no clue about the popularity of gashapon lines in Japan so it's very hard to predict anything.

Reaction score
Wow. I feel honored just to read that.

If they re-release the basic TIE Fighter, I'll be happy. Those are pretty hard to find, and I bashed all of mine for the TIE Hanger diorama I made years back.

Thanks for news

Reaction score
I wanted to ask, has anyone collected F-Toys of military aircraft? If so, are they good?
Thanks.

Reaction score
I've collected a few of 'em. F/A-18, F-15...Su-27 (or J-11...). They're pretty decently detailed. However a skilled modeler would be able to do slightly better...but that's always the case. ;)

Reaction score
can't wait!
Finally don't have to hunt around and pay big prics for these!

Reaction score
Nice, they've confirmed they're doing a "secret item" for Vol 6. Can anybody read Japanese? Maybe there's a clue in the text. ;)

Reaction score
Probably a rehash since this is kind of a "best of" wave. Here's hoping it's something new though.

Reaction score
Probably a rehash since this is kind of a "best of" wave. Here's hoping it's something new though.
Hehe, you called it, bro: 'tis a rehash. At least it's a cool McQuarrie repaint, I'll have to grab one. The A-wing is just slightly smaller than the Titanium, yes?

Reaction score
oooh nice. I love the McQuarrie concepts. Not surprised at a repaint, but at least they are still releasing them. And yes, it's a little smaller than the Titanium. It's very detailed though...probably one of the best A-wings out there.

Reaction score
Blah, will pass on the entire wave. Bit bummed I bought the Falcon when I could have waited and maybe gotten it cheaper, but just not interested in the rest.

Reaction score
I keep passing on the F-toys line because they're not doing anything new or exciting. They'll have to reach beyond what the Titanium line has already covered to get my attention. Its beyond me why no company is taking on all the great ships from the CW series...

Reaction score
Well Hasbro started to, then decided to go on 'hiatus'. I hav eto say the modified Jedi Starfighter (AotC version with droid socket) is my favourite Titanium.

Reaction score
So many Titaniums to choose from: for a favourite, I'd be torn between the Neb B, Outrider, Rogue Shadow, and Imperial Landing Ship from SW; Pegasus, Viper Mk II and Raptor from BSG.

Looking back, I totally agree that F-Toys' choices have been mostly er, unexciting. Still, I do like the 6 vehicles I have and wouldn't mind 6 more (AAT, TIE Bomber, AT-STs, Shuttle, Delta-7, new A-Wing). BTW, Radjapan has some of 'em pretty cheap, I'll vouch for excellent service from them (but wouldn't recommend Ravenstar unless you're down with waiting 2 months for your order).
F-Toys Star Wars Vol.6 - 1/144 military planes and tanks

F-Toys Star Wars Vehicle Collection

Collection 1
- X-Wing (Red 5)
- AT-ST & Imperial Speederbike
- TIE Fighter
- N-1 Starfighter & Droid Starfighter
- Eta-2 JSFs (2 - red & yellow)
- TIE Crawler*

Collection 2
- AT-AT
- Snow Speeders (2)
- Y-Wing (grey/blue engines)
- TIE Advanced X1
- AT-TE
- Y-Wing (body shell - white/grey/yellow engines)*

Collection 3
- X-Wing (Red 2)
- A-Wing (red)
- B-Wing
- AAT
- Delta-7 JSF with H-ring
- TIE Interceptor*

Collection 4
- Y-Wing (Gold 3 - white/grey/yellow engines)
- TIE Bomber
- Slave I (Boba)
- Imperial Shuttle (Lambda)
- Star Destroyer
- Slave I (Jango)*

Collection 5
- Millennium Falcon (Episode IV)
- X-Wing (Red Leader/Red 1)
- TIE Interceptor
- N-1 Starfighter & Droid Starfighter
- Eta-2 JSFs (2 - blue & green)
- Millennium Falcon (Episode III)*

Collection 6
- X-Wing (Red 3)
- AT-AT
- Millennium Falcon (Episode IV)
- AT-TE
- TIE Fighter
- AT-STs (2)
- Star Destroyer
- A-Wing (blue McQuarrie concept)*

*secret item

Reaction score
The Pegasus is indeed a beauty, I actually think she's much nicer than Galactica herself. There are so many great Titaniums, pity they weren't all up to the same quality. The newer version of the X-wing is amazing as well, the old version not so much.

Reaction score
There are so many great Titaniums, pity they weren't all up to the same quality. The newer version of the X-wing is amazing as well, the old version not so much.
I agree completely! The newer X-wing is one of the best TS had to offer, right up there with the Viper MK II just as Duranium mentioned. I'm sorry to be so negative, but if we made a Worst of list I would put the Blockade Runner on there.

F-toys had a couple newish molds that weren't offered before: The series 1 Tie Crawler and the series 2 Armored Y-wing. I'm quite happy with the Y-wing. I'll take it over the CW version any day.

Reaction score
My friend and I split a case of the Collection 6. I got a few I missed in the past; the Star Destroyer, the Tie Fighter and the pair of AT-STs. I now also have another Millenium Falcon, and the newly repainted Red 2 X-wing. My friend had the McQuarrie A-wing in his pick with a pair of AT-ATs, an AT-TE and a Tie Fighter to match mine.

Anyone need a Falcon?

Reaction score
Here's a comparison pic of the F-toys McQuarrie A-wing and the Titanium version. The F-toys has better detail, but the blue color isn't as deep as I would've liked. Still, not bad if you can find it sub $15. Cheers, and merry X-mas Soltice Boxing day.

Reaction score
Looks real purdy, UnR: gonna have to grab one, cheers for the pic. Right now Radjapan has them for $13 but I'm hoping to shave a few bucks off that before pulling the trigger. Hehe, we'll see how realistic that is.

Yes indeed, Happy Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Solstice/Boxing to everybody!!!!
Hope you score some nice Xmas spaceships and that you haven't been too naughty this year.
Then again, you can always use the coal from your stocking to make a nice asteroid diorama. Cheers, guys. All the best! :)

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
Has anyone compared the F-toys TIE Fighters from vol 1 and vol 6? Is it a straight repack? Some images look white but others look like they match the original blue gray. If it's white I'll definitely get one, but not if it's a straight repack.

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's a straight repack of Vol. 1 but I can't confirm, DV.

Received the McQuarrie A-Wing and the AT-ST twins from the last F-Toys wave yesterday; both are quite nice. I agree with you, UnR: the A-Wing is particularly cool and has very sharp sculpting and paint, quite an improvement from the Titanium, IMHO. The AT-STs are good too, but I'd still rank the DA version as my favourite. Pic below.
The package must have endured a fierce battle en route from Japan to Canada (Godzilla vs Sasquatch?) but luckily the vehicles survived completely intact, thanks to the F-Toys boxes inside. Whew. :wtf:

Reaction score
That is a lot of chicken walkers. I thought the DA was a little fat, but I do like the cockpit details. So far they're the only ones to add the railing around the top hatch.

Reaction score
I thought the DA was a little fat, but I do like the cockpit details. So far they're the only ones to add the railing around the top hatch.
Agreed on all points, UnR. Yep, that's why I gave the DA the edge over the others, though all of 'em are decent. I also like the leg struts on the DA.
It's funny, sometimes the studio model looks skinny (especially onscreen), and sometimes it looks kinda beefy. http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kg_at-st_-003.jpg

Do you think F-Toys is finished? With Disney now involved, I can see the smaller companies being pushed out.
It wasn't exactly shaping up as a banner year for SW vehicles and now they've delayed the 3D re-releases... so that can't be good.
Seen the new Revell SW mini-models on shelves but I'm not too bothered about 'em, TBH.

Reaction score
I'm hoping that F-toys keeps going with the Star Wars line...only time will tell. I was really bummed when they delayed the 3D releases, that could've meant more AOTC vehicles that were never made into miniatures.

I did order the latest Revell pocket kit of the Star Destroyer. I'll grab some pics when I get it in. Also, the Fantasy Flight Games tabletop thing is coming out with a Falcon and Slave I to scale with the X-wing and TIEs already released...and those minis look pretty good, just a little pricey for what you get.

Reaction score
I see that one of their gashapon lines is up to Volume 25 or so, so who knows, maybe there's reason for hope.
Agreed, AOTC got short-changed for ships: where's our Naboo Yacht, (decent) Anakin's Airspeeder, or SPHA-T, just for starters? I guess a lot of manufacturers bolted after Ep. I.
Seen a bunch of 'the Revells but I haven't seen the ISD on shelves yet. From the pics, it looks like it'll be a very nice AF substitute and an upgrade from the Hallmark or Kenner. Pics would be cool.

I was just blown away by the FFG minis, TBH. Amazing for their size (great detail and paint) but I balked at $18 each at the local comic shop. If they venture into new territory, do capital ships, and/or substantially cheapen, I'll definitely reconsider. Have you ponied up for any?

Reaction score
I haven't bought any of the FFG ships yet. I'm hoping that some "opened" ones turn up on ebay (kinda like the WotC minis occasionally did). But yeah, my local hobby shop has them for $15. And I recently saw a pre-release Falcon on ebay for $99. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come, or I'll sadly be skipping the line.

Here's some shots of the Star Destroyer someone posted on another forum Star Destroyer Revell Easy Kit Pocket It looks like it has a bad case of acne, but it's nicer than some other mini ISDs at that size. Hope to get mine in within the next week or so.

Reaction score
Amazon has the FFG ships for around $12-13 w/Prime.

That Falcon you saw is $99 because it's not out yet - some early units were given as prices at tournaments. They're trying to turn a quick buck before the release (end of Feb).

The Falcon and Slave I will retail for $30 (some sites taking pre-orders at $20). TIE Interceptor and A-wing will retail $15 like the rest.

If anyone is buying them for display only, I'll pay shipping for the leftoever game pieces :whistling:

Reaction score
I have a few F-toys, but I just got the Star Destroyer (one of my favorite ship designs) and I am disappointed... all the other models have been painted, but the Destroyer does not even have a bit of blue on the engines. It really need a slight wash to bring out the detail overall and keep it from looking so flat.

I wish those X-Wing Miniatures would expand into a capital ships set, I'm sure they would bring out the detail on a Star Destroyer.