Starfest 2010

Reaction score
It's a fun time, and a decent size con.
What do you want to know?
-theropod

Reaction score
It really depends on who the special guest is and what they have for a signing schedule. Just like at the SW Celebrations or SDCC you'll have guests you could pretty much just walk right up to, or others that have a lengthy line.
I don't personally collect autographs so I can't tell you about the process first-hand, but I think that you basically purchase an autograph ticket which can be redeemed at any point that a celebrity is scheduled to sign.
In part it may also depend on if the celebrity has made other appearances in Denver before.
-theropod

Reaction score
I saw that Tim Rose was going to be there, that would be something to have. I don't really collect autographs either, but I wouldn't mind having an Ackbar figure autographed. Much like my Kirby Puckett autographed cards. Just kind of a neat thing to have.

Reaction score
The thing that sucks about Star Fest is there is no real exhibitors...or at least ones that sell vintage. Don't waste you money on that badge..it is not worth it. Save it for CV!

Reaction score
Well, I can't get to CV... But still, Admiral Ackbar! Thats all I got on it. And this will be my first con sort of experience. Lets start small.

Reaction score
irocink33 said:
Well, I can't get to CV... But still, Admiral Ackbar! Thats all I got on it. And this will be my first con sort of experience. Lets start small.
Be sure to stop by the 501st expo area and say hi.
-theropod

Reaction score
Anytime there is 501st I stop by and say hi. I love their work with the community and wish I could get into it, I just don't have the funding to start costuming right now. Plus I am a bit on the heavy side and a fat stormie is not what people what to see. But I will deffinatly make the effor to see the costumed famed 501st... the 501st are sort of my hero's in a way!!! See you there!

Reaction score
Don't know what the RMFF is, but it looks like I have a busy day that saturday the 17th of April. But it will be good fun. I talked one of my friends into going with me, he likes "nerd" fests like this. Like I said before, this is my first one and I am pretty excited. Still undecided about the purchasing of autographs though, I always was under the impression that they should be free. But that goes back to my baseball card collecting days. I understand why they do it, and I will still buy a ticket for Tim Rose so it is still going to happen. I just hope I can get him to sign my Ackbar figure "It's a TRAP!" That will make my day.

Reaction score
Cool, I'll be there again with my son. He will be the little kid with the bad-ace Darth Vader costume on (he was Anakin last year).

We really enjoyed the Droid Hunt last year, I hope the 501st will be doing that again.

Reaction score
Wattographs.com is bringing in Tim Rose -awesome! Hopefully they'll do SW guests every year.

Reaction score
The RMFF is the Rocky Mountain Fan Force. An awesome local fan community as well as custodians of the 3/4 scale X-Wing at the Wings Over the Rockies Museum.

They were also responsible for the Hoth turret float in this year's Denver St. Patrick's Day parade.

www.rmff.net

-theropod

Reaction score
Zor_Master said:
We really enjoyed the Droid Hunt last year, I hope the 501st will be doing that again.
Droid hunt is on again.
-theropod

Reaction score
theropod said:
Zor_Master said:
Droid hunt is on again.
-theropod
Awesome...

If you see a 6 year old kid in a really cool Darth Vader costume, thats us.

Say 'hi'.

Reaction score
havent decided which star wars shirt I will be wearing, but I will post later once I have decided. Maybe my force unleashed as it is my favorite game.

Still gotta get my tickets. Gotta wait till pay day then I can get them, and get my camaro thats up in denver. All in a great saturday. I just wish they would post times for the autograph signings. I really want to plan my day around that so I can get the autograph, and have time for everything else.

Reaction score
What time do the doors open on Saturday. I was all over that website and found no times for ANYTHING. Honestly, a very frustrating website to navigate. But if anyone could help, I would appreciate it. That way I can plan my day around getting there early enough to get the autograph I was watching, going to RMFF display, the 501st and then whatever my friends want to do. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I thought this thread was going to pick up before the weekend. Oh well. Any way, I will post my experience at the con after saturday.

Reaction score
Nope, I just bought a ticket and hoped I would catch the guy I bought the ticket for on Saturday. Just dumb luck should be on my side.

Reaction score
Here's a preview of what you will see at Starfest courtesy of the 501st and Far Away Creations.

Please keep in mind that this is a "work in progress" photo.
-theropod

Reaction score
That is just cool! I hope the members of the 501st don't have an issue with getting a picture taken with a flat piece of paper (newphews school project)

Reaction score
Find the really dirty snowtrooper tomorrow and I'll pose however you would like with Flat Stanley.
-theropod

Reaction score
Your Awesome!! And you know the story of Flat Stanley... Seriously, this is the first I have heard of it when I got the letter in the mail... ha ha. Thanks for being so cool with everthing and all the info! Mad props to the 501st.

Reaction score
Ah, man. I should have looked on here before I went to the convention. I had no idea that was you therapod. You gave me one of your cards and I would have recognized you

My son and I had a lot of fun.

Here are some pics

Reaction score
I'll post my pics later tonight, I had a blast at the convention and Tim Rose is one of the nicest guys. The 501st and the RMFF are just great people and I love the commuity involvment that they do. Top Notch.

Got Flat Stanley's picture taken ALL over the convention, on Ecto 1 and the other zombie killer car... My nephew will have a great project. And the ENTIRE autograph line signed Flat Stanley even though I didn't have but 1 autograph ticket just for Tim Rose. It was pretty cool.

Reaction score
Some photos of my Starfest experience.
It didn't end well... LOL

-theropod

Reaction score
Starfest is really fun every year. I am part of the RMFF and the 501st. I was not in costume this year, but it is fun to wear one. I did give the panel and Star Wars video games this year.