Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book

Reaction score
Back the Book! JTA has posted a link for a new VC book. Its crowdfunded but looks superb. Super excited!

Reaction score
Back the Book! JTA has posted a link for a new VC book. Its crowdfunded but looks superb. Super excited!
If there are any other international customers who would consider doing the 4 book backer option - give me a shout as I'd like to jump in too :)

Reaction score
So, this book... (Mods, make a thread for the book).

Looks like crowdfunding for anything Vintage 3.75 is going to be a slam dunk. This was such a wonderful surprise. I happen to be in the middle of setting up my collection room and wondering what posters go where and there was going to be a gaping hole where my modern collection was until I get this new poster.

Anyway, what do you think the heads of Hasbro are thinking about this and crowdfunding for SW?

Reaction score
I’m very curious and it looks like it’ll be great but, ummm, isn’t the TVC still going? I’d feel like it was incomplete I guess since there’s still new stuff coming out that won’t be included in the book.

Reaction score
I’m very curious and it looks like it’ll be great but, ummm, isn’t the TVC still going? I’d feel like it was incomplete I guess since there’s still new stuff coming out that won’t be included in the book.
One of the authors posted on Yakface saying that should the line continue they will release additional volumes rather than just updating the original book and reselling it.

I kind of dig the book but I've got too many other crowdfund type things going on to add another.

Reaction score
One of the authors posted on Yakface saying that should the line continue they will release additional volumes rather than just updating the original book and reselling it.

I kind of dig the book but I've got too many other crowdfund type things going on to add another.
Ah. Thanks for that info. I was wondering if they’d do something like that. And what do they mean “if”?!?! Lol.

Reaction score
The book already has passed the $70K mark! Crazy. I don't think there's any doubt we'll see it hit the $100K now. I think my only disappointment, and it has nothing to do with the book itself, is that there were a few great figures in the Shadows of the Force and Black Series era that should have been the Vintage Collection. What I mean is, Hasbro shouldn't have ever stopped the VC line to begin with. It would have been cool to see SA figures that would have been VC-worthy, like the Ewoks set, Torynn Farr, the Snowtrooper Commander, Ceremony Leia, Dagobah Vader and Gold Leader.

Cannot wait to get this book now!

Reaction score
This book looks like it will be a beautiful product!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My hope/wish for the book is what I’ve been dreaming for now for a long time and is truly a long shot, is some insight and pics of some prototype pics of some unreleased VC figures. Where is the unreleased Hammerhead? Lobot? Surely depriest has some knowledge the funeral pyre Vader set and probably much more. While it may not have been. C, there has to be some cool ideas that were scrapped during the line. Sansweet’s original book touched on the unreleased Gargan and stuff like that. I think people want to know about what the “parking lot” looked like for VC.

Reaction score
I would absolutely love to see that information. I went ahead and placed my order, mostly, I must admit, for the poster. This will be a great way to complement any display of your figs.

Reaction score
I think I read that they should have time to add everything offered in 2019. Hopefully, Hasbro surprises us with some of the missing "original 92" that basically would be an easy repack along with a few new long requested figures.

Reaction score
Does anyone think this book/effort will put some pressure on Hasbro or maybe even a wake up call for VC? LOL. Eat your heart out Steve Evans.

Reaction score
New stretch goal is unproduced items and concepts... AWESOME!!! I only wish it was an earlier goal.

Reaction score
I don't know how far along any of these figures got in the design process, but I remember back in the Q&A days from like '07-'09, Yerka Mig, Taym-Dren, Fozec, Wuher and the cantina distillery were all in the parking lot at one point. I think I remember actually reading that Wuher and the distillery actually got tooled, but canceled/halted at the very last minute. So maybe those will still show up at some point like the leaked list of figures from 2013 have slowly done over time.

Reaction score
New stretch goal is unproduced items and concepts... AWESOME!!! I only wish it was an earlier goal.
I think that new goal is going to be met no problem :)
I backed the project earlier this morning when it was just shy of $80,000. A few moments ago, I saw the funding was just shy of $90,000 as I came here with the intention of posting about the new stretch goal, thinking that in the time it would take for me to finish typing my post, the $90,000 goal would be unlocked. Sure enough, funding is now at almost $90,500!

Reaction score
Oh, so it looks like they're updating the campaign stretch goals this very moment. A $25,000 stretch goal now exists for basically a print collection of all the chapter breaks.
Here's the descriptions for the 2 new stretch goals, straight from the kickstarter page:

[h=1] $110,000 ::: So What I Told You was True… From a Certain Point of View:
A chapter covering concepts, unrealized ideas and unproduced items that were discussed or considered to continue the TVC line beyond it's hiatus in 2012[/h][h=1] $125,000 ::: You Don’t have to do this to Impress Me:
A folio containing all of the full spread-width chapter break photographs individually printed on premium 8.5x11-inch paper, free of the chapter titles and overlay text. There are currently a minimum of eight (8) chapter break photo spreads earmarked for the book.[/h]

Reaction score
Again, I am thrilled about this project. I and really excited about the possibility of getting the chapter covering unrealized ideas. It just make me thirst for unrealized concepts not flushed out from TAC and earlier though. Those were pretty good times too. I hope they can get it completed and out by Christmas. I'd love to spend my holiday reading the book. I'm hoping I can add on. I think I want the book cover.

Reaction score
Can any one remember any of the "legit" rumors during the VC line? My man Stan had a bunch of rumors from the parking lot no doubt.

Reaction score
Can any one remember any of the "legit" rumors during the VC line? My man Stan had a bunch of rumors from the parking lot no doubt.
Went back and checked all of his posts dating back to late 2009 to early 2015. These are the rumored figures that still have not seen a release that Stan listed as either tooled up and coming, in the planning stages or in Hasbro's parking lot. I never collected PT stuff, so there may be a few of those that were released that I am not aware of that you can disregard

Danz Borin
Wuher with distillery
Queen Jamilla
Admiral Piett
Mustafar Flea
Y-Wing Pilot
Cliegg Lars
Sim Aloo
Jawa w/fan (was rumored to be with Jabba)
Admiral Ozzel
Count Dooku
Sar Labooda
Sarissa Jeng
The Emperor
Yerka Mig
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
Bespin Security Guard (new head)
2-1B
8D8
Cantina Band Member
EV-9D9
Dash Rendar
Bespin Escape Leia
Ann & Tann Gella
Dorme
Kitster
Wald
Tzizvvt
Lobot
Spirit Obi-Wan
Spirit Yoda
Spirit Anakin (Shaw)
Theron Nett
Taym Dren-garen
Velken Tezari
Cane Adiss
Cin Drallig
Barada
Max Rebo Band (w/original '83 Sy)
Labria
Nabrun Lieds
Cmmdr Praji
Lt Jir
Admiral Motti
Mon Calamari Officer
Shasa Tiel
Ewok Dress Leia
Snowspeeder Hobbie
Cpt Antilles
Solomahal
Fozec
Arleil Schous
Nik Sant
EG-6 (Lars GNK Droid)
Hoth Han
Bespin Lando

Dooku's Solar Sail
Troop Transport
Lars Landspeeder
Acklay

Last edited:
Reaction score
Went back and checked all of his posts dating back to late 2009 to early 2015. These are the rumored figures that still have not seen a release that Stan listed as either tooled up and coming, in the planning stages or in Hasbro's parking lot. I never collected PT stuff, so there may be a few of those that were released that I am not aware of that you can disregard

Danz Borin
Wuher with distillery
Queen Jamilla
Admiral Piett
Mustafar Flea
Y-Wing Pilot
Cliegg Lars
Sim Aloo
Admiral Ozzel
Count Dooku
Sar Labooda
Sarissa Jeng
The Emperor
Yerka Mig
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
2-1B
8D8
Cantina Band Member
EV-9D9
Dash Rendar
Bespin Escape Leia
Ann & Tann Gella
Dorme
Kitster
Wald
Tzizvvt
Lobot
Spirit Obi-Wan
Spirit Yoda
Spirit Anakin (Shaw)
Theron Nett
Taym Dren-garen
Velken Tezari
Cane Adiss
Cin Drallig
Barada
Labria
Nabrun Lieds
Cmmdr Praji
Lt Jir
Admiral Motti
Mon Calamari Officer
Shasa Tiel
Ewok Dress Leia
Snowspeeder Hobbie
Cpt Antilles
Solomahal
Fozec
Arleil Schous
Nik Sant
EG-6 (Lars GNK Droid)
Hoth Han
Bespin Lando

Dooku's Solar Sail
Troop Transport
Lars Landspeeder
Acklay
Good work Darth Brett. We also know that there was an alternate Echo base soldier head sculpt and I think, another TIE pilot or Imperial gunner or something plus echo base console, chair and a pod for the Probe droid.

Reaction score
^ that took some work! Interesting read. Some of those seem to be very unlikely choices. Others, long overdue!

Reaction score
Some you could get multiple uses. Make a Mon Calamarian officer, then make a Raddus aide. Make a piett, then an imperial officer.

Reaction score
If there’s a tooled up SA Dash Rendar that was never released... *shakes fist violently towards the sky*

Reaction score
I'm most interested in these making it this year or just making it to fruition:
Admiral Piett
Y-Wing Pilot
Sim Aloo
Admiral Ozzel
Count Dooku
The Emperor
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
2-1B
8D8
Cantina Band Member
EV-9D9
Lobot
Barada
Admiral Motti
Cpt Antilles
EG-6 (Lars GNK Droid)

Reaction score
Good work Darth Brett. We also know that there was an alternate Echo base soldier head sculpt and I think, another TIE pilot or Imperial gunner or something plus echo base console, chair and a pod for the Probe droid.
Here are the pics. I hope we can get that $110,000 stretch goal so we can get some info on these and other unreleased ideas. While this stuff may have been before or after the VC, there is certainly room to discuss it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgM3vyvDEH9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf6Fu1Jlzc-/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf_EFs4FamH/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgM0MrRjalj/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgM1yraD7xX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf-_80elGuM/

Reaction score
Here’s something I’ve been wondering about lately and I’m curious to hear what you all think. Where does the VOTC collection fit in with the TVC? I noticed that the vast majority of the votc figures have not been done again in the vc line, so do people consider the votc and tvc to more or less be part of the same line? Does hasbro consider most of the figures done in the votc line to be checked off the list? The only ones I can think of that have been done in both lines are the stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Vader, c-3po and maybe Yoda and Lando? I know they’ve done Yoda but I’m fuzzy on Lando. I was looking at ways to thin the collection and thought well maybe there are a bunch of duplicates or improved upon figures when I noticed that most of them have not been done in both lines which is what got me thinking: votc: short lived subset or part of the main tvc we all know and love??
I totally see them as the same line. To me, VOTC was the tryout and since they were so popular, they went ahead with TVC as the main figure format. I absolutely hope that practically ALL the VOTC action figures get redos. Chewie finally got his on this last wave of TVC, though I know they used the same body, but he does look awesome with the open mouth growl and ANH hair.

Reaction score
I would buy every non-PT figure on that list.
Multiples of quite a few too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also see VOTC as the beginning of the same TVC line. I think they've redone most of those and don't want to see reissues taking up precious spots.
I totally see them as the same line. To me, VOTC was the tryout and since they were so popular, they went ahead with TVC as the main figure format. I absolutely hope that practically ALL the VOTC action figures get redos. Chewie finally got his on this last wave of TVC, though I know they used the same body, but he does look awesome with the open mouth growl and ANH hair.

Reaction score

Danz Borin
Wuher with distillery
Queen Jamilla
Admiral Piett
Mustafar Flea
Y-Wing Pilot
Cliegg Lars
Sim Aloo
Admiral Ozzel
Count Dooku
Sar Labooda
Sarissa Jeng
The Emperor
Yerka Mig
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
2-1B
8D8
Cantina Band Member
EV-9D9
Dash Rendar
Bespin Escape Leia
Ann & Tann Gella
Dorme
Kitster
Wald
Tzizvvt
Lobot
Spirit Obi-Wan
Spirit Yoda
Spirit Anakin (Shaw)
Theron Nett
Taym Dren-garen
Velken Tezari
Cane Adiss
Cin Drallig
Barada
Labria
Nabrun Lieds
Cmmdr Praji
Lt Jir
Admiral Motti
Mon Calamari Officer
Shasa Tiel
Ewok Dress Leia
Snowspeeder Hobbie
Cpt Antilles
Solomahal
Fozec
Arleil Schous
Nik Sant
EG-6 (Lars GNK Droid)
Hoth Han
Bespin Lando

Dooku's Solar Sail
Troop Transport
Lars Landspeeder
Acklay
Toonbuck Toora should be on this list, as well. I remember Stan saying Toora was sculpted, but I imagine releasing a figure of her size would be difficult - she would not fit on a normal card. With the PT seemingly having fallen out of favor, I doubt she will see the light of day.

Reaction score
Toonbuck Toora should be on this list, as well. I remember Stan saying Toora was sculpted, but I imagine releasing a figure of her size would be difficult - she would not fit on a normal card. With the PT seemingly having fallen out of favor, I doubt she will see the light of day.
Just seeing her (Toonbuck Toora) sculpt or any of these unreleased sculpts would be a treat. I really hope they did deep with this chapter. With Depreiest in the fold, they should have a wealth of knowledge about what was tooled up and talked about. Whether they can share it or not is another issue. I'd like to see if/how Hasbro reacts to the reception of this book. If it sparks something in them or if the fail to capitalize on the VC hype that they started with the barge.

I'm excited about the poster too but I don't know if it will still have legs to reach 150K. I hope so though.

Reaction score
FYI: If you missed the opportunity to back The Kickstarter Book with the Ultimate Backer package (that includes the poster, vinyl case, & signatures , they just added 250 slots to that option.

Reaction score
I don't recall Toonbuck Toora on a rumored list, but it would be cool to see an oddball PT alien like that released. She's probably the same size as Gragra, so I think that's workable on a TVC cardback. They put the Gamorrean Guard in the TVC line, so surely they can do more bulky characters. That's something I think the line is sorely missing, and would add some much need variety, like Yakface did.

Reaction score
I don't recall Toonbuck Toora on a rumored list, but it would be cool to see an oddball PT alien like that released. She's probably the same size as Gragra, so I think that's workable on a TVC cardback. They put the Gamorrean Guard in the TVC line, so surely they can do more bulky characters. That's something I think the line is sorely missing, and would add some much need variety, like Yakface did.
I'm almost positive she was, but it was probably close to a decade ago. I remember because I loved her design and was excited at the prospect.

However, I'm not convinced they could fit her on a VC card. While we never see her full body in the films, below is the canonical representation of her species. They are big hairy slugs.

Her tail was never made for the films, but she's still a pretty rotund character without adding the length of a tail.

Reaction score
I don’t necessarily have to see her in the VC. Honestly, I’d be surprised if we get anymore prequel figures outside of clones, battle droids, obi, ani, maul, mace or Jango and those have all been done in VC. If a sculpt doesn’t already exist, I’m not expecting much more from the prequels.