Star Wars ringtones

Reaction score

I was listening to Kyle Newman talking about his cell phone ringtones on this week's Force-Cast, and it made me curious as to what folks here have on their cell phones.

I currently have the Probe Droid's transmission as my incoming call tone, and for messages I use the TIE fighter's roar. In the past, I've used Vader's breathing, Artoo's beeping, and a nice clip of Threepio saying: "Excuse me for interrupting, but you have an incoming transmission".

So, how about the rest of you?

Reaction score
I use the Cantina music as my ringtone. I don't have sound for any kind of text, video, or photo message. But I'm going to change my voicemail sound soon. Jorbex, where did you get that Threepio clip?

EDIT: I'm also working on Force-Cast ringtones, which I'll release once I get Jimmy's permission.

Reaction score
I got the Threepio clip from a fellow fan in a convention; he asked about my Artoo ringtone and I Bluetoothed it over to him, so he gave me his Threepio tone. SW fans are the best!

Reaction score
Jorbex said:
I got the Threepio clip from fellow fan in a convention; he asked about my Artoo ringtone and I Bluetoothed it over to him, so he gave me his Threepio tone.
I want both. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I have probedroid as mesage, Ash's Clones JimmyMac Remix as ringtone, I'v also used Peter Griffin never risk the Fett man, R2 and a bunch of others, I might upload then somewhere for you guy's to download.
If you have something you would loke as a ring tone let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Reaction score
Ah, I like the threepio one.

Mine is Yoda saying, "Mmm, An incoming call you have, answer it quickly you should."
I've had the theme and a couple other John William's scores for my ringtone too, but I love that Yoda one at the moment.

Reaction score
For my buddy (who's Vader in the local Garrison) I have the Imperial March.

For another member I have the Cantina Theme.

For my mother, I have the choral part of General Greivous speaks to Lord Sidious.(His entrance on Utapua)

In general, for everything else, I have a soothing segment of Meadow Picnic. Long story; I usually have the Malagena Salerosa, but I was getting so stressed out from my phone exploding every 2 minutes I needed something less intense. The meadow picnic is very nice.

You guys can upload any song from your computer and make it a ringtone for free here
http://www.myxertones.com/

Reaction score
I currently have the Disco SW theme (aka ForceCast closing credits theme) as my default ring right now. I have several John Williams clips for different ringers: Indy theme, Superman theme, Imperial March, Cantina band. My text message beep is R2, which is kind of confusing because my friend has the exact same tone as his text message alert too. I had a couple recordings of Greivous during his confrontation with Obi-wan on Utapau, a Chewbacca growl, and some other dialogue clips, but they never quite turned out right and I never found a good use for them.

Reaction score
I have the two that came with my phone:

C-3PO in the asteroid field "Sir the possibility of successfully....."
& the Tie Fighter soaring (Both on my wife's phone too)

Then some that I added:
Palpatine/Anakin - "Are you going to kill me?""I would certainly like to.""I know you would. I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. Makes you stronger!"

Luke/Han - "What a piece of junk!" "She'll make .5 past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. But we're a little rushed, so if you'll just get on board, we'll get out of here."

Leia - "Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way!"

Cantina - "He doesn't like you" "Sorry" "I don't like you either. You just watch"...until the arm comes off."

Vader breathing

Greedo/Han - "Doota Tu ta Solo....."

R2 talking

Sidious - "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy"

Vader - "If this is a consular ship, where is the ambassador....crunch....want them alive!"

Yoda - "Help you I can....yes!"

Cantina Band

Star Wars Main theme

Imperial March

Asteroid Field chase

Then a variety ranging from Harry Potter to the Simpsons, to the James Bond theme when my dad calls.
(I get bored fast)

By the way Cramer, cool website.

Reaction score
JediShua said:
I need this clip Shua! Let me know if you can get it to me please?

I've had a couple R2 ones, and I had Imp March for a while

Reaction score
I too have the probedroid as my ringtone. I like it because it's not annoyingly loud and most people have no idea what it is

My wife has the Raiders March.

Reaction score
shazbazzar said:
Ok, non-techy guy here.
How do you transfer a ringtone to your phone?
Alright Grandpa, listen up.
I have the easiest way and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Every cell phone has an email address from which email users can send them text messages. But you'll need the multimedia address to do this. For example, on Verizon, the regular text message number is [phone #]@vtext.com. But the multimedia address is [phone #]@vzwpix.com. Sending an email to the latter address, with a sound clip attached to the email, will allow you to save that sound clip as either a ringtone or a sound clip on your phone.

So first I need to know your cell phone carrier. Then I'll find your phone's email address and I'll give you the step-by-step instructions. There's really nothing to it, and it's a lot quicker and easier than using a ringtone service.

Reaction score
If your phone has bluetooth you can use a dongle to upload to your phone from your computer, they're fairly cheap.

Reaction score
Jade_Jedi said:
If your phone has bluetooth you can use a dongle to upload to your phone from your computer, they're fairly cheap.
My computer has built-in Bluetooth, so I drag and drag files (usually pics and vids) between my computer and my phone all the time. Unfortunately, I can't do the same with ringtones.

Reaction score
Walking_Carpet said:
JediShua said:
I need this clip Shua! Let me know if you can get it to me please?
um...sure! Let me look at Eric's post above to see if I can figure it out.
It's an mp3.

Actually, if you PM me your phone # I might be able to send it to you.

Reaction score
As techie as I am, my wife and I decided against any kind of text/data transfer ability because we share the phone plan with her parents and brother. They don't use that super techie stuff, much to my chagrin. Thus, no extra ringtones.
We have discussed it of late and are thinking about joining the real world with text messaging and stuff, but for right now I live with Ringtone 5.

I'm going to go cry in the corner now...

Reaction score
Well, on my phone it's extremely easy to change ringtones. I have a Nokia 5300 (one of the mp3 player ones) and you can set any sound file as a ringtone. The phone also hooks up via USB to any computer, so I can upload files without any trouble at all.

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has made one of Luke in the trash compactor...

"Threepio? Threepio!! Where could he be?"

After all, your cell is a comlink

Reaction score
I know I'm very late to this forum and topic, but I joined just to ask if anyone ever put that 3p0 quote up on the interweb? I'm trying to assemble a few sound clips for a windows theme I'm starting to work on. And I'd love to add this quote to that sound clip list.