Star Wars Resistance Toys

Reaction score
I find it odd that we still haven't seen anything by way of vehicles yet. I'm not imagining things right? Hasbro did say initially that we will get vehicles?

Reaction score
I find it odd that we still haven't seen anything by way of vehicles yet. I'm not imagining things right? Hasbro did say initially that we will get vehicles?
This would make double sense given the nature of the show. At this point I just want Vonreg's Interceptor!

Reaction score
That said, if something is planned there's no reason for "no comment" scenario. We don't need confirmation on who is being made, just that a wave two is coming. And that there is indeed a future for this line, is that too hard to answer? Sheesh...

You'd think they're trying to hold onto State secrets, when even the govt. can't do a good job of it. Non answers just generate hope, hope that is crushed when the hammer drops! If you're not doing more just say it, if you are say it. Only cold heart *Bleep* lead people on.

Reaction score
You'd think they would make minimal confirmations, to keep those that are interested engaged. I don't get the secrecy over a low rated cartoon to begin with, I'd imagine LFL would be insisting they promote it! Someone from Hasbro did say the series is very vehicle oriented, but they never confirmed any ships would be released from what I recall. The only confirmed release is the diecast assortment from Hot Wheels. As I've said, I don't find the show all that interesting, so I'll be skipping most / all of whats released anyway, as I'm happy just owning a Vonreg, but they should make bare bones confirmations as to whether the line is continuing.

Reaction score
So... JTA is saying that nothing is planned. So as I guessed it, the line is done with just one wave. Guess that's how you keep people uninterested in a line.

Reaction score
The Resistance tv show action figures will be somewhat rare to other people.

the way it was with us older folk when the Ewoks tv show action figures and Droids tv show action figures back in the day.

Either buy them now or else you're SOL

Reaction score
I honestly don't think the Resistance action figure line or cartoon will be missed once they're gone. With the ratings so low, it would be foolish to continue the line. We don't know what overall sales were like, but I can tell you these are easy to find online at or below MSRP, and between the two Targets near me, I can still find nearly all the figures. I think the only downside, is that another 3.75 line is gone. Had they done a second wave, we might have seen an alien or two, which may have interested collectors like myself that have no interest in the show / characters.

Reaction score
Yeah, imho, waiting to release wv1 a couple months after the tv dept didn't help matters. That's when a second wave shouldve started hitting stores. And if o my the 1 wave was planned, maybe Poe, bb8 and stormtrooper shouldve been not included. Maybe General Leia, Neeko (sp?) and the red bb unit instead. General Leia may have gotten non animated fans interested just to fill the void of no basic tfa General Leia. I wonder if they could've kit bashed the f.o. tie w/ interceptor wings and painted/cast in red.

ZX3

Reaction score
At Celebration Chicago it was remarkable how differently the Clone Wars Saved and Rebels Remembered panels were received vs the Resistance season 2 panel. Resistance showed the second season premiere in its entirety and yet the hall was only about a third of the way filled.

The animated shows seem to go in a pattern of fan ire, derision, and avoidance followed by acceptance as the show gets established and then widespread fan appreciation and enthusiasm around season three. I wonder if Resistance will be able to make it to that point.

Reaction score
Possibly because Humans are resistant/hesitant to change, not to mention adverse to a focus being put on the new stuff over the oldies but goodies. When History shows fads don't stay around long enough to get invested in them.

Why bother if they don't plan to stick with it? While I didn't care for this show as all, i thought the designs on certain characters and vehicles were neat. We could have used a few of the ships to compliment the line.
Thee was definite potential for the show if, it weren't trying so hard to make that kid look like the dumbest guy in the Galaxy. The pirate stuff was interesting as well.

For all of Hasbro's bravado about being for Kids, this line seemed like the opposite. You get a handful of figures that seem like they were meant to just stand there for display, and not come with any additionals like ships and environments. Kids, at least used to, like inter-activeness.

Reaction score
I picked up Torra, Synara, and Kaz for $4 on clearance at WM yesterday to have pilot versions of the characters, just in case they ever make the ships.

ZX3

Reaction score
Resistance Season 2 will be its last.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/14/star-wars-resistance-season-2-trailer/

Sad news for all those who worked so hard on the show and hopefully not the end for Star Wars in animation.

I admit I didn't warm to the series right away- it seemed like a bit like if Deep Space Nine was only Jake and Nog episodes- but the season one finale and season two premier gave the indication that show was on its way toward some interesting places for Star Wars stories.

I wonder how much Hasbro failing to commit to the show impacted the decision not to continue, or did Hasbro not commit because the writing was already on the walls for the show's fate?

Reaction score
I thought the Resistance figures were long gone from one of my local Walmarts, but I saw some on the pegs yesterday. I guess a worker found them somewhere. They rang up at $2 so of course I picked them up. I figured they'd look nice sitting inside some of my starfighter toys even if we never get Resistance ships.

Reaction score
Resistance Season 2 will be its last.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/14/star-wars-resistance-season-2-trailer/

Sad news for all those who worked so hard on the show and hopefully not the end for Star Wars in animation.

I admit I didn't warm to the series right away- it seemed like a bit like if Deep Space Nine was only Jake and Nog episodes- but the season one finale and season two premier gave the indication that show was on its way toward some interesting places for Star Wars stories.

I wonder how much Hasbro failing to commit to the show impacted the decision not to continue, or did Hasbro not commit because the writing was already on the walls for the show's fate?
this could have been the plan all along with Resistance. I mean Season 1 was going on during the events of TFA and now season 2 will bridge the gap between TLJ and TROS. I'm sad that we will probably not get anymore toys from the series as there are still great characters that need to be made as well as the ships.

Reaction score
If this show had come out 10 years ago, we'd already have all the aces, their ships, Papa Doza, the pirate captain, The turtle guy, and the parts shop owners.

GNT

Reaction score
Just watched the season 2 trailer and it looks really good, I hope the characters can live on in other Star Wars properties for those that make it through.

Reaction score
this could have been the plan all along with Resistance. I mean Season 1 was going on during the events of TFA and now season 2 will bridge the gap between TLJ and TROS. I'm sad that we will probably not get anymore toys from the series as there are still great characters that need to be made as well as the ships.
True, it really feels like gap filler IMHO. Problem is, i wasn't looking for info 15 minutes before TFA. 10-15 years perhaps.

Felt like they were just looking for something to throw on screen for the heck of it, and had no plans for multiple seasons. I wonder if they'll do another show, or just focus on the Disney+ content?

Reaction score
I ended up getting this entire line with some pretty nice discounts from various sources. I didn’t hate season 1, and hope season 2 is better (the trailer looks like there will be more action). The figures are really well done, and I’m happy to have them.

Reaction score
I ended up with the whole line with the exception of the Poe set.

I talked all kinds of **** about this show before I even saw an episode and would up absolutely adoring it.

I'm a schmuck.