Star Wars Resistance Toys

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they have a second wave planned - I cant imagine they'll release too many more considering airing this cartoon at night leads me to believe Disney isn't supporting it at even the Rebels level. Lets be frank, this series isn't anywhere close to CW or Rebels, and I'm having trouble even imagining characters I'd buy, since I'm not into the show. I'd happily buy any Ithorian though! The one character that sticks out is Valik - she has an Aurra Sing / Sith vibe:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Valik

Reaction score
I'm not much into the show, especially at how bumbling stupid they are making Kaz compared to the Girl. Every episode drives home just how incompetent this kid really is, and they have the nerve to recruit him?! :confused:

The only thing I can think of is that Poe is using him as some kind of distraction, that can be disposed o when he no longer serves a purpose.

But I do like the designs of some ships and characters.

Reaction score
I'm not much into the show, especially at how bumbling stupid they are making Kaz compared to the Girl. Every episode drives home just how incompetent this kid really is, and they have the nerve to recruit him?! :confused:

The only thing I can think of is that Poe is using him as some kind of distraction, that can be disposed o when he no longer serves a purpose.

But I do like the designs of some ships and characters.
It would be cool if Poe "disposed" him like Cassian did to that one informer in RO.
I

Reaction score
That made me laugh out loud.

So, I just bought the six basic Resistance figures on eBay for $61.99 total, which of course is just over $10 a figure. I had to do it, as all my local retailers are taking action figures out of their toy sections. It’s kinda traumatic. Paying $10 per figure is doable, but I don’t know what I’m gonna do to get Jarek and Bucket, who are going for around $30, not to mention TVC figures like Yak and Klaatu, which may be like $30 each online as well.

GNT

Reaction score
That made me laugh out loud.

So, I just bought the six basic Resistance figures on eBay for $61.99 total, which of course is just over $10 a figure. I had to do it, as all my local retailers are taking action figures out of their toy sections. It’s kinda traumatic. Paying $10 per figure is doable, but I don’t know what I’m gonna do to get Jarek and Bucket, who are going for around $30, not to mention TVC figures like Yak and Klaatu, which may be like $30 each online as well.
Wouldn't be easier to buy from an online store?

Reaction score
Wouldn't be easier to buy from an online store?
Depends where Tulgah lives. If it's Europe, ebay is the best bet... or going through a shipping forwarder, which then allows buying at online retailers and saving on shipping costs.

Reaction score
No, I’m ‘Merican. But most of the time, when I try to use the online stores, the figs are sold out. I did just nail a Klaatu from BBTS for a reasonable price, but other things I wanted are sold out.

Reaction score
I do wonder why with such a vehicle-centric show Hasbro didn't think of some way to realize these ships in plastic. Micro Machines vehicle versions packed in with their assigned pilots would have made so much sense. Or they could have sold these figures packed with Mini-Rig versions of their ships, similar to how Hasbro's Titan A.E. line worked back in 2000.

Reaction score
I do wonder why with such a vehicle-centric show Hasbro didn't think of some way to realize these ships in plastic. Micro Machines vehicle versions packed in with their assigned pilots would have made so much sense. Or they could have sold these figures packed with Mini-Rig versions of their ships, similar to how Hasbro's Titan A.E. line worked back in 2000.
I know there are a number of cons coming up in the next half year, but it almost seems like this show is just going to get what they have already. I would be interested in some of the ships in the 3.75" scale.
I

Reaction score
Based on onscreen presence, the Fireball, red TIE Interceptor, and pirate skiff are the only ships featured so far. Hopefully there's a 2nd wave of figures. Neeku and Tam are musts. Throw in Kragen, the ithorian pilot,Captain Doza, and maybe a random pirate and you've got a pretty good 2nd wave imo.

Reaction score
These have been selling fast at my local WM and Target. Went yesterday and they restocked both stores but all gone again today. Only one I need is the gold Commander Pyre to have all 8.

Reaction score
I would have thought if there was a wave 2, it would be shown at TF. Maybe at SDCC then.

Though judging by last episode it may be close to the end, thus no need for anymore figures.

Reaction score
I would have thought if there was a wave 2, it would be shown at TF. Maybe at SDCC then.

Though judging by last episode it may be close to the end, thus no need for anymore figures.
I could be wrong but I think it's been renewed for a second season.

Reaction score
They did indeed renew it. Its probably safe to assume there will be another wave, but I honestly wish they'd move back to making movie figures in some type of basic line, as both the cartoon and figures are a bit on the boring side.

Reaction score
They did indeed renew it. Its probably safe to assume there will be another wave, but I honestly wish they'd move back to making movie figures in some type of basic line, as both the cartoon and figures are a bit on the boring side.
I'd be all for at least getting Neeku and Tam in the basic line like we did with several Rebels figures. Ton of stuff I'd love to see made from the show but Neeku and Tam are a must to complete the main cast.

Reaction score
I miss the days when Kenner/Hasbro would actively try to sell whatever they could from a property. Man Rebels support was already terrible but this has gotten even worse.

Reaction score
Off the top of my head....Tam, Neeku, Tierny, Shellfolk, the 2 little kids, Captain Doza, Aunt Z, rest of the aces, aquatroopers, Orka and Flix, Kragen the pirate, CB-23, Doza's personal droid, the ithorian pilot, and security droids.

Reaction score
I don't know if they plan to continue this show, considering the last episode had Hux's speech in it. And it seems that it should end with the finale. But if they're able to eek out another season somehow, I'm still not sure we'd see anything more. Maybe Tam and Neeku, or Doza. CB-23 seems very easy to do, just a repaint. But IMO those orb Droids should com with the figures, It's essentially an accessory.

Reaction score
They confirmed a second season already, but I don't see the point. During the last episode, they showed the destruction of Hosnian Prime, so the battle for Starkiller Base is soon to ensue. We don't see the Aces during TFA, so I'm not sure what significant role they can play going forward. Some of the episodes toward the end are slightly better, but the series still feels superfluous.

I'm guessing they have more figures planned (due to the gap before Episode IX products), but considering the ratings, they may want to rethink those plans. I could see them doing maybe one vehicle, but whats the point? A Micro Machine release of all the ships would make more sense, as releasing them all in 3.75 scale isn't feasible, and frankly not even warranted because of the lack of interest. We know Hot Wheels is doing three of them, so that might be the extent of seeing most of the ships, unless they are incorporated into gaming miniatures.

Reaction score
This was inevitable considering all the **** I talked about this show but it turned out to be REALLY good. The finale was epic. I can safely tuck this in with what I consider canon because 1) it was done really well and 2) it happens pre-TLJ.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting the Pirate ship to use in a Jabba dio. But not much else interests me as far as vehicles.

I'm glad the shows over, nice lead into TFA. But I'll not waste my time on season 2. The main characters it just too annoying.

Reaction score
Got Major Vonreg and Commander Pyre delivered via Amazon today. They been popping in and out of stock for retail price over the past few days. Despite their basic look and articulation they are nice figures.

Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of the first season, but I watched every episode.

Last night, I was in the Wallingford Walmart and saw 1 Commander Pyre and 1 Major Vonreg among the assortment. These were cool First Order characters, and the action figures looked great. I thought I'd be a fool not to buy them, so I did. Very happy with that decision. But I passed on the F.O. Stormtrooper. I have more than enough Stormtroopers.

I'll pick up a Resistance version of Captain Phasma if Hasbro makes her.

Reaction score
Am running a few weeks behind with the show, but enjoying it. Good kids style genre work, plus nice new designs like the FO/int, and I like several of the characters, especially the grouchy ones like Jeager and Tam. Bucket and the Fireball have really grown on me as well.

I skipped the Poe/BB-8 pack and the regular stormie, but have and enjoy the rest. I don’t like the way they did Jaeger’s helmeted head, which seems too close to his shoulders and generally looks weird, but it’s a great 2-pack that I’m really enjoying on my shelf. Kaz and Torra and Pyre and Vonreg are great too— Synara is my least favorite design, but has a great head at least, and she would fit into just about any nonaligned scene.

My vote would be for the next waves to include a couple Resistance characters in the mix, especially Neeku and Tam, but also the rest of the racers, a scuba trooper, and a two-pack of Orka and what’s-his-name. (Maybe alongside a Leia/Connix 2pack for Triple Force Friday!) Any pirate or racing platform others would be welcome, but beyond Neeku and Tam my main wants are the Fireball and the red First Order interceptor that VonReg uses. But also the other racers, like I said.

Here’s hoping season two adds some cool new characters to the mix too!

Reaction score
I still haven't come across any of these that I've wanted yet, why is it that what i want always sells out quicker! lol

Might possibly lose interest before I even see em though.. If they haven't gotten a wave 2 out by now, it probably isn't coming. Shows over already.
As usual their timing is not optimal.

Reaction score
I still haven't come across any of these that I've wanted yet, why is it that what i want always sells out quicker! lol

Might possibly lose interest before I even see em though.. If they haven't gotten a wave 2 out by now, it probably isn't coming. Shows over already.
As usual their timing is not optimal.
It was obvious from the get-go this wasn't going to be a deep run of characters etc from this show.

SDCC may show something but more than likely...wave 2 with season 2.

Reaction score
buttload of characters and vehicles I want from this show but I know that's not happening even if it was The Anniversary Collection period. I'd be quite content if they did a Neeku and Tam 2-pack as part of a 2 pack wave for episode 9.

Reaction score
Walmart has these online for $7.86. I was able to get a Pyre Commander, the only one I couldn't find in store.

Reaction score
I saw my Target restocked these today after sitting dormant for about a month or more.

Reaction score
I saw my Target restocked these today after sitting dormant for about a month or more.
My Target has been blowing through these pretty well, although the "2"-packs are starting to pile up.

Reaction score
What i thought was weird, was that Walmart had the Yeager 2pk but was shipped via HTS. lol
I mean is it illegal for Hasbro Pulse to sell old HTS product, hence why none of it is available on their site?

So I'm guessing that HTS is selling it all via ebay etc.

Reaction score
Someone at Celebration asked about a second wave, and they wouldn't confirm that the line is continuing. Hopefully anything Resistance related comes and goes before the movie merchandise push, because it would stink if these took valuable peg space from the movie line. Around here, they restocked and only Pyre and Vonreg sold from what I could tell, though the 2-packs have been warming since the initial release.

Reaction score
I saw that interview. They didn’t confirm, but did say something like “we are excited for Season 2 of this show!” It’s possible that they are planning something. Why, otherwise, in your capacity as Hasbro representative, would you even comment on that? It’s rhetorical manipulation at its worst. They are speaking “as fans,” and therefore keep the questioner guessing without saying yes or no.