Star Wars Resistance Toys

Reaction score
I spotted this new line today - I was less than excited to find them. I picked up Major Vonreg because its the only design I like, as it reminds me of something that could have been from the old EU. I don't like the series itself, so I had no drive to buy them, I think I picked up the Major out of habit, more than anything else. I also think $8 is rather pricey, as the figures and cardbacks look rather cheap (tape is already coming off the back of the figures). They dropped Force Link chips and haven't added any new accessories, so I feel these should be cheaper than movie figures. If I pick anything else up, it will have to be on clearance.

I'm curious about those collectors hunting these down - do you genuinely like the cartoon / figures, or are you picking them up out of habit or because they are the only new figures at retail? When CW was out, I absolutely loved those animated figures because I loved the series - I suppose the opposite is true for Resistance, so my interest is at all-time low. Its hard to imagine I might not be buying any basic figures until October, when the Episode IX product release begins...
It's weird. After watching the first episode, I groaned and decided I would not be investing my time in this. Then somehow I found myself binging the remaining episodes. It's definitely for kids, but it holds my attention, so I guess it's not all bad. And now that I have the figures standing in front of me, I have to say they do look really cool.

Reaction score
I have yet to watch the show but having the figures here I can say that they are pretty nice designs and definitely good quality.

The one character Yeager (comes with the Droid) has a really nice headsculpt.

Torra (the one in blue) has a separate piece for that white harness and the alternate helmet sculpt actually has a face under the visor. The alternate helmet for Yeager doesn't.

Reaction score
Meant to add:

The Droid has ball joints at the neck and both shoulders.

Reaction score
And just as I thought, the Targets that stocked these early and subsequently pulled them did not have the figures back out today.

Luckily I found the 2-packs 3 stores later...

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics. I'd like to get that droid 2-pack. That one looks pretty cool. Synara and Yeager look good too.

Reaction score
I have yet to watch the show but having the figures here I can say that they are pretty nice designs and definitely good quality.

Torra (the one in blue) has a separate piece for that white harness and the alternate helmet sculpt actually has a face under the visor. The alternate helmet for Yeager doesn't.

The Yaeger head looks pretty damn good in those customs on a regular figure body. Just make sure and paint Yeager's hands :p

Reaction score
Bucket is probably the best figure of the lot. He has a good range of movement thanks to those ball joints, and his third leg works. He's weird and cool.

Reaction score
Checked Target again today and they are still doing the toy section reset. Every aisle is maybe half full. On the positive side, I did see pegs for the 2 packs so at least I know they are coming.

Reaction score
The 2 packs are up on amazon for retail price as a pre order. Says they will be available on February 1st.

Reaction score
The 2 packs are up on amazon for retail price as a pre order. Says they will be available on February 1st.
Thanks for the heads up:) Took me a little bit to find them though, you have to search for "Star Wars SW SWU Pz"

Reaction score
I had Doza in hand at Target during the weekend. I couldn't check out as the system had a 01/15/2019 release date on it. They promptly took the item away and I couldn't haggle breaking the street date. (One time at Walmart, I was able to break the street date on a blu-ray movie, but it took 2 hours and 7 employees.) I haven't been back since. I have a feeling that character is going to haunt me and it's the only one I want.

Reaction score
Anyone find commander Pyre yet - the Gold Stormtrooper? I found all the rest last night at Target.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they repaint Commander Pyre Silver and add a TFA cape to him and give us a kitbash/repaint of Phasma

Reaction score
broke down and went to wal mart. No 2 packs but I did get a First Order Stormtrooper, Commander Pyre, and Major Vonreg. They finally put out the Galaxy of Adventures figures and had them on clearance for 2 bucks each, so I picked up a stormtrooper. Probably hit wal mart again next week if Target has the Resistance stuff out since I have gift cards. If they still have any Galaxy of Adventures stuff then I'll probably pick up some more of them up to put away for the Salvation Army toy drive.

Reaction score
It's a shame that these are such high-quality and fun toys and there aren't any vehicle sets to go with them. I don't have much knowledge of the show but aren't the ships a major part?

Reaction score
It's a shame that these are such high-quality and fun toys and there aren't any vehicle sets to go with them. I don't have much knowledge of the show but aren't the ships a major part?
So far the ships have had very little screen time. I'd definitely buy all the racers and the red TIE

Reaction score
follow up since there's no edit button. The pilots haven't gotten much screen time yet either.

Reaction score
Will there be another wave of these? I'm not into the show but the figures look nice.

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought Jarek Yeager and Bucket-- Bucket is amazing. They snuck a fully-articulated figure into the line. The only thing that could make me happier would be if the helmet was removable. I do see the reasoning-- it would probably fall off way too easily. But I would like to be able to insert him inconspicuously into a Sandcrawler or Watto's junk shop.

If anybody out there decides to remove Bucket's helmet by force, please post the results!

Reaction score

Nice score.These do look nice, and probably the only 4 I will get. Unless they make a couple of the Ace Pilots.

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought Jarek Yeager and Bucket-- Bucket is amazing. They snuck a fully-articulated figure into the line. The only thing that could make me happier would be if the helmet was removable. I do see the reasoning-- it would probably fall off way too easily. But I would like to be able to insert him inconspicuously into a Sandcrawler or Watto's junk shop.

If anybody out there decides to remove Bucket's helmet by force, please post the results!
I just took the helmet off of mine. He's got a post on his head and the helmet stays on nice even after dislodging. It looks good without the helmet too!

Reaction score
Will there be another wave of these? I'm not into the show but the figures look nice.
I guess we'll have to wait for TF. At the moment, it doesn't look like it, but maybe Hasbro has something up their sleeve and with a second season coming, they'd almost have to have something, right?
I

Reaction score
I guess we'll have to wait for TF. At the moment, it doesn't look like it, but maybe Hasbro has something up their sleeve and with a second season coming, they'd almost have to have something, right?
I
I hope there are more figures planned or coming soon. I'd love to see all the Aces get made (like Griff Hollaron) as well as Neeku, Leia, and of course some of the ships too.

Reaction score
I picked up the red Major pilot at Walmart yesterday, just because he's cool looking, and I love red characters (Royal Guards, Praetorians, Crimson Guard, Hand Ninja, etc). I stopped watching the show when I ditched cable last month but maybe I can find someone on Roku that carries it. It wasn't great. Animation was nice, but damn, so many useless filler episodes. It was even more kiddy than Droids...

Reaction score
I picked up the red Major pilot at Walmart yesterday, just because he's cool looking, and I love red characters (Royal Guards, Praetorians, Crimson Guard, Hand Ninja, etc). I stopped watching the show when I ditched cable last month but maybe I can find someone on Roku that carries it. It wasn't great. Animation was nice, but damn, so many useless filler episodes. It was even more kiddy than Droids...
You can watch it on the Disney Channel website.

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on getting any SW: Resistance figures, but did cave slightly today - I picked up one figure, the slick-looking red Major Vonreg @ Wal-mart. Really like this outfit, and the figure has a very distinct "Tron: Legacy" vibe/feel - whether or not this is intentional. I would probably get at least one other MV, if I can find this @ retail.

Still haven't seen the show yet; I'm not much for the post-ROTJ era, and I don't like the animation style. That being said, I still may check it out at some point - if only because it's a Star Wars cartoon.

Reaction score
Had to go to Town Thursday for an appt. So i stopped in a Walmart that had nothing, and a Target that had two Poes.
Guess it's going to be just like the ret of SW Collecting with me, online ONLY.

Reaction score
My Target finally got some of these on the shelves even though the mighty brickseek said they didn't have any. Had target gift cards so I got the whole wave and will take some stuff back to wal mart I'd bought a couple of weeks ago.

Reaction score
I thought I read something about vehicles as well. When are vehicles supposed to be released?

Reaction score
Got my 2 packs of Poe/BB8 and Yeager/Bucket from Amazon today, so I have all the figures now.

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with hoping for vehicles. I would love that red TIE Interceptor! My figures look lonely in their cube with no vehicle to accompany them

Reaction score
- Colossus Station playset w/Shellfolk figure and bartender figure
- the racers' ships
- Red TIE
- Pirate Skiff w/pirate
- Pirate Ship w/ Kragen
- First Order Shuttle w/pilot and First Order Stormtrooper commander
- Captain Doza and Security Droid 2 pack
- Ithorian Pilot

Reaction score
I wouldn't be asking for that much, considering how little stuff we got for Rebels. Tam, Neeku, Capt. Doza, Kragen, Kaz's racer, and Torra's racer and I would be okay.