Star Wars Resistance Toys

GNT

Reaction score
Star Wars will be back on the small screen with Star Wars Resistance from October - What are your thoughts on possibly seeing figures or vehicles from this show? Wait and see? Maybe purchase some vehicles? Animated figures like the Rebels line?

Share your thoughts below :)

Reaction score
I'm pretty curious what the figures will look like once we see them.

Reaction score
Curious about the new vehicles as well, but I wouldn't be surprised seeing more cash-cowing in the form of Poe's X-wing, Resistance X-wing or FO TIE/sf in Resistance packaging (whether or not they do appear on the show). But hopefully, they can make the opportunity to make the other FO TIE; otherwise, EP IX would be the other opportunity....if they ever get to it.

Reaction score
I'd love to see them take the new Force Link 2.0 TIE Fighter from the Solo Line and give it a slight retool to make an FO TIE Fighter (not the special ops one that keeps getting repacked). repaint the cockpit and the wings and make the wings a sturdier plastic to prevent warping and it would sell. pack it with an exclusive FO Pilot or perhaps a new character from Resistance.

Reaction score
The sea planet base could potentially be a pretty cool playset.

Reaction score
The sea planet base could potentially be a pretty cool playset.
Too bad Micromachines aren't around to make a killer playset on their part as well. Last time I got to play with an awesome maritime playset was with the GI Joe Tactical Battle Platform....now there was a set! :)

Reaction score
I still have mine tucked in a box in my garage. Sad for that box. Under so many other boxes.

Reaction score
Too bad Micromachines aren't around to make a killer playset on their part as well. Last time I got to play with an awesome maritime playset was with the GI Joe Tactical Battle Platform....now there was a set! :)
lmao that exact set came to mind as well! The old Micro Machines line was fantastic and so was the old school mini sets.

From the brief look of the base we've seen, I think a scaled down base with a platform big enough for one figther and some cannons or whatever.

Reaction score
If the figures are exact replica of how the animation looks, I'll pass. But if they have a more realistic look, I'd be interested in a couple of the characters for custom fodder. And maybe even background Pilots etc.

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting a list of characters that might be made in the line.

Reaction score
My question is whether that recce X-wing will be released. Any guesses?

Reaction score
I can see some fans clamoring to get every single one of these ships, particularly Griff's. Is Hasbro going to commit to that to appease? If not, where's Action Fleet and Micromachines when you need them????? At least during the Prequels, we got a good chunk of the Boonta Eve podracers with Hasbro committing to only 2 (but understandably). Mattel, to the rescue then. :D

Reaction score
I can see some fans clamoring to get every single one of these ships, particularly Griff's. Is Hasbro going to commit to that to appease? If not, where's Action Fleet and Micromachines when you need them????? At least during the Prequels, we got a good chunk of the Boonta Eve podracers with Hasbro committing to only 2 (but understandably). Mattel, to the rescue then. :D
Based on the recent Aces vid, I’m putting money on Hasbro producing a dedicated starship toy line of some description, possibly Action-Fleet-esque - considering how vehicle-centric the series appears to be looking. I’d also be surprised if we only got a line of figures, and none of the starships - for 3 3/4 inch.

Make it so, Hasbro! :)

Reaction score
With each new animated series, Hasbro has drastically reduced the action figure offerings. The CW line was huge - with countless figures and vehicles, while Rebels was entirely minimalistic in comparison. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro only does a dozen figures and calls it a day. This is the ideal time for a line like Micro Machines to return - they could do all the ships in one set. Perhaps Mattel will cover what Hasbro doesn't? The Hot Wheels starships have had some good coverage as of late.

Reaction score
I'd really like to see them make the five Aces and their ships in the Mini-Rig line or what used to be that line. Even those ships the size of the TCW Y-Wing would be cool to have.

Reaction score
Even those ships the size of the TCW Y-Wing would be cool to have.
Hope the prices don't reflect that, I mean the TCW Y-wing was $70....on top of waiting, I searched high and low before I found one at a price I was willing to bite at, around $35.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they can make these in the smaller scale, I guess. I'm not sure how big the ships are supposed to be in the show, but I was thinking around the size of the Phantom or maybe the mini-rig Y-Wing from TCW which was released again with Kanaan.

Reaction score
Yeah, had these fighters been released back when 5POA was making its debut, they would have been ideal to market to customers for $20 in the Class II vehicle niche. But with all the things going on right now with inflation, manufacturing costs, and tariffs, we're looking at close $30, maybe even $40.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the ships were relegated to something similar to the "budget" or "value" line (the current Millennium Falcon for example). That one has an action feature and Force Link 2.0 tech.

Reaction score
It's an option, but sort of 'sneaking' their way of the traditional vehicle with figure approach. I just don't know if I'll get hooked onto the value line if it gets to be somewhat of an established line. I recall getting the TFA Falcon at Ross for $7, and I still think I overpaid for what I got. The Solo Falcon is MUCH better, but I couldn't bite at $30 and found one at a local Target which blew theirs out at $15. The Disney die-cast for $10 is my most favored option, but I have a feeling they'll get to charging around $15-$20 this time around if they ever get to do it.

Reaction score
It's an option, but sort of 'sneaking' their way of the traditional vehicle with figure approach. I just don't know if I'll get hooked onto the value line if it gets to be somewhat of an established line. I recall getting the TFA Falcon at Ross for $7, and I still think I overpaid for what I got. The Solo Falcon is MUCH better, but I couldn't bite at $30 and found one at a local Target which blew theirs out at $15. The Disney die-cast for $10 is my most favored option, but I have a feeling they'll get to charging around $15-$20 this time around if they ever get to do it.
Part of my reasoning is that it seems as if they are presenting the ships themselves as characters in a way (based on the trailer). So from a Hasbro/Disney POV getting a plot figure in the ship might not seem like a priority to their intended audience which appears to be 3 year olds who will watch a cartoon at 10pm...

Reaction score
Got it....although from a storytelling standpoint I've typically thought of Disney as being in the business of creating 'likeable' characters, particularly for the younger audience. Just can't seem to pin down why Disney's Star Wars characters are as 'likeable' with the older audiences? :whistling:

Reaction score
intended audience which appears to be 3 year olds who will watch a cartoon at 10pm...
I love this line. That's exactly how this whole thing plays out.

I see what you mean about presenting the ships, themselves, as characters, thus using the Value line. If they go that route, I won't buy any of them. I'm too much of a fan that likes to put figures into the vehicles.

I'd be ok with them selling the vehicles and figures separately, but these just seem to fit perfectly into the whole ship with figure concept.

Reaction score
So when is eta for these? Maybe NYCC will reveal these and the mysterious "Hades Joker" from Solo line

Reaction score
New trailer

https://youtu.be/Ae2Cxy8sswk

Red TIE looks dope and I absolutely love the First Order character in gold armor since I've been wanting to paint some of my extra phasmas other colors for awhile.

Reaction score
Just make sure it Gold Chrome paint! :grin:

There are some cool ships, not that most of them would even get made. But I'd consider a couple even if made in the budget line.

Reaction score
It was said Phasma's armor was hiked off a Naboo yacht....makes you kind of wonder where the gold armor got hiked off of if extracted in a similar fashion. o-o Anyway, the Crimson TIE looks OK....just something that looks more Imperial than First Order from a nitpick standpoint. Wondering if we'll eventually see First Order TIE-interceptors based on that though.

Reaction score
maybe this is how we could get a general leia figure for 3.75" scale since we didn't get one for ep7...figures crossed

Reaction score
..oh yeah, I forgot....maybe Lor San Tekka could appear as well. He deserves a figure too. And maybe Constable Zuvio will also appear and have some visible significant action lol

Reaction score
maybe this is how we could get a general leia figure for 3.75" scale since we didn't get one for ep7...figures crossed
I'll wait a bit more with fingers crossed if we just get her in animated style, but if her likeness is close then I'll bite. Honestly, I may have very little interest in previously seen characters in animated form.

Reaction score
IMO, that right there would be a slap in the face to TVC Collectors! If they make General Leia in this line and not TVC, something will hit the fan! :mad:

Reaction score
That version of Leia is probably my most wanted TFA figure, so I'm hoping she shows up. I'd honestly prefer a realistically sculpted basic figure. The TBS version of TFA Leia in the dress didn't exactly do Carrie justice, though the TLJ figure was a beauty and really captured her. I'm worried if it shows up in TVC it would be botched again, considering TVC is only TBS in new packaging.

I like animated figures, dating back to Droids / Ewoks, and have enjoyed CW and Rebels, but the design for Resistance just doesn't do it for me. I am eager to see the figures though, to decide whether to collect the line. I hope they don't all have those ridiculously long legs, as seen in the cartoon!