Star Wars Rebels - General TV Show Discussion Thread

Reaction score
in my opinion they have to get rid of ezra, they have to. luke was the last jedi alive after ep4
Who says? Once again this is all speculation, it was never specifically said they were all dead. Not unless Vader kept a journal of every Jedi he dispatched. Also, Luke wasn't even a Jedi in EP4. Tarkin only mentions their fire has gone out, meaning the order doesn't stand for anything. Not that Force users are no more. Also, I find it odd that for a people to not have existed for 20 years. No one seems surprised in the Cantina when Ben busts out a Lightsaber. Or in ROTJ when Luke does. Especially since Fett has had first had dealings with Jedi. Yet no one's reaction is one of awe, disbelief, or shock that someone is using a Jedi weapon I never understood the absolutes that people felt they need to believe in regarding this, or a couple others. With Star Wars being so vague, it has always been just assumptions.

It's not like I want Ezra to live, I cannot stand the character. But i don't believe for one minute that Luke was the last or only Force user after the Purge. Or possibly even Jedi. I still feel Quinlan Vos could have avoided the Empire. If Obi-Wan and Yoda did, surely any of them could.

Reaction score
It's not like I want Ezra to live, I cannot stand the character. But i don't believe for one minute that Luke was the last or only Force user after the Purge. Or possibly even Jedi. I still feel Quinlan Vos could have avoided the Empire. If Obi-Wan and Yoda did, surely any of them could.
There's a big difference between Jedi and Force User. I'm sure others with the power of the force were born during this time, but to me, when they deliberately go against the OT, that's where the problems begin. There's no reason to go against the OT. Yoda and Obi-Wan and Luke were the last Jedi, period. Having other force user is fine, but Ahsoka, Ezra, and Kana considered themselves Jedi or were trained in the Jedi way. So, they shouldn't survive Rebels.

Let's see, maybe Ezra dies and the debate will be ended tomorrow night.;)

Reaction score
But it doesn't deliberately go against the OT at all. Everyone seems fine with what R1 does, by introducing new Troopers, Characters, Places etc. that were never shown in the OT. But because the only Jedi we saw in the OT were those three, your stance they were the last? **scratches head**

Reaction score
^ some dial9g in the OT suggested that the 3 were the last, so there's that..

Reaction score
^ some dial9g in the OT suggested that the 3 were the last, so there's that..
Yup, that's the source. I don't have a problem with new kinds of imperial troopers, but when Yoda says what he say in ROTJ, I take him literally.

Npw, if Filoni had been smart he would have never brought Yoda and Obi-Wan into the whole Rebels equation. However, Yoda knew of Ezra, so why would he have said what he said if there were others still out there.

I guess the one possibility I could possibly live with (but would still leave a bad taste in my mouth) is that Ezra shuts himself off to the force forever.
Y

Reaction score
i am very much looking forward to the finale to see how it goes. however, my dvr got a workout this weekend. i have my dvr set to record rebels with all episodes. for some reason if i do new only, it doesnt record any. they had the entire series on this weekend, so i had a lot of deleting to do. i missed a few episodes at the end of season 2, which were incredibly important, so i will finally get to see them, but otherwise, i have seen all the rest

even though i had a typo in my reasoning why i think ezra will either die or be sent somewhere in time, i would love to see another cartoon in the works. i honestly really like rebels, in spite of how annoying ezra is. i know its disney and they felt the need to have a kid in the group but the show could have been better without him i think.

heres to hoping for an old republic story (regardless of it is has revan in it and hopefully not ezra)

Reaction score
going to be interesting to see how the show ties all the loose ends together and ends the series... thinking its going to be bitter sweet

Reaction score
going to be interesting to see how the show ties all the loose ends together and ends the series...
Well, now that time travel is apparently involved, I'm not expecting much on an "ending"...instead, I wouldn't be shocked if Ezra showed up in E9.....
<eyeroll>

Reaction score
What now, Is your processor on the fritz?
Lol, th at could be. A few months back, my phone did one of those auto updates and ever since it has been doing weird things. I even took it to my provider and they were like, well the new updates may be too new for your relatively new phone ( which I got brand new maybe 1.5 yrs ago at the extreme most)

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  

i am really gald they didnt do the stupid time travel.

i dont like that they ignored everything I knew about the jedi's OT story. essentially ezra, ahsoka being alive meaning there are other jedi's so yoda was not telling the truth? i also dont quite know where this lines up with the OT storyline, i mean i am guessing it was about 5 years or so earlier because of the boy?

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  

i am really gald they didnt do the stupid time travel.

i dont like that they ignored everything I knew about the jedi's OT story. essentially ezra, ahsoka being alive meaning there are other jedi's so yoda was not telling the truth? i also dont quite know where this lines up with the OT storyline, i mean i am guessing it was about 5 years or so earlier because of the boy?

How is Yoda not telling the truth if he doesn't know the other Jedi are alive at the time of his conversations with Luke? For all he knows Ezra, Ahsoka, Kanan and the rest of the Jedi are all dead. The guy has been on Dagobah since the end of ROTS...

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
  Spoiler:  
So the finale, I wont give spoilers to specifics I'll just say some canon was broken. A tiny bit of Legends tossed, a tiny bit re-canonized. Some aspects ... specifically the finale battle was a bit too Avatar-ish for me so i wasn't very interested in it once shown and put off by it. But I understand in this fantasy realm the goodguys have to use scummy no-good tactics.

Reaction score
How is Yoda not telling the truth if he doesn't know the other Jedi are alive at the time of his conversations with Luke? For all he knows Ezra, Ahsoka, Kanan and the rest of the Jedi are all dead. The guy has been on Dagobah since the end of ROTS...

honestly, i think the writers did what they wanted and ignored/changed canon. i am not saying it was a bad episode. i very much liked it.

Reaction score
I'd hope that Yoda being a powerful Jedi Master would have been able to sense Ezra and Ahsoka through the Force just as he did with Luke. I mean if he could watch Luke through the Force than he could certainly feel both Ezra and Ahsoka as well.

honestly, i think the writers did what they wanted and ignored/changed canon. i am not saying it was a bad episode. i very much liked it.
I have to agree with this statement... I'm still not a fan of Rex being the bearded Rebel on Endor in ROTJ, and now with the show ending at the turning point of the Rebellion (events after Endor etc) I'm fearful that a certain character with zero backstory (Snoke) is now possibly going to be made into Ezra.

I would have preferred that instead of flashing forward to after ROTJ that instead it flashed forward to the events of RO and showed Hera landing the Ghost at Yavin base instead and preparing for the battle of Scariff. (also not feeling the concept of a son for Hera either). I did like the part of both Kallus and Zeb sorta reunited with Zeb's race.

Reaction score
I'd hope that Yoda being a powerful Jedi Master would have been able to sense Ezra and Ahsoka through the Force just as he did with Luke. I mean if he could watch Luke through the Force than he could certainly feel both Ezra and Ahsoka as well.

ce.
See, this something that really bugs me. It takes away from Yoda. The Emperor and Vader were turned into a couple of stooges by the end of the show who couldn't take down a couple of much less powerful force-users. Filoni's dream was to get one of his characters into ROTJ, so he kept pushing for Rex to be Nic Sant. I mean, Filoni talks about being a big OT fan, yet he did so many things that just weaken the OT althogether. Why can't he see things like that?

Reaction score
See, this something that really bugs me. It takes away from Yoda. The Emperor and Vader were turned into a couple of stooges by the end of the show who couldn't take down a couple of much less powerful force-users. Filoni's dream was to get one of his characters into ROTJ, so he kept pushing for Rex to be Nic Sant. I mean, Filoni talks about being a big OT fan, yet he did so many things that just weaken the OT althogether. Why can't he see things like that?
because his bread is now being buttered by Disney instead of Georgie boy and Disney doesn't care if they change the OT or established SW lore, as is evidenced in TLJ and Rebels. if you think about it, the changes began back when the EU was crushed and turned to Legends... this was the start of the spiral that sent the world of SW into a tailspin. Now fans are fighting over what is real and what is not, we have a company that doesn't care for the fans and does as it pleases with the movies and the stories.

turning both Vader and the Emperor into stooges was for all intensive purposes beyond ridiculous... the fact that both Kanan and Ezra were able to defeat "The Choosen One" together in a battle, the fact that they misused both Vader and the Emperor as well as the Empire as a whole... the only strong Imperial Character that they had was Thrawn really as they kept his cold calculating personality and tactics.

plus with the reveal at the end of this series... does that mean Hera's son is a potential Force user as well?

Reaction score
plus with the reveal at the end of this series... does that mean Hera's son is a potential Force user as well?
i am betting this will be a newly introduced character to the main stories or another off story cartoon.

Reaction score
For me this show is the equivalent of the new EU so I don't see it as having any bearing on the (canon) OT at all.

Reaction score
Oh boy, I just don't know what to say really. It's almost to perfect to end with everyone still alive, aside from Kanan that is. Even little Piggy didn't die.
  Spoiler:  
Bummer for you know who, Gregor. Some odd choices to be sure. While I have no issues with Jedi survivors like some people, it begs the question where was Ahsoka during Endor and all the way up to TFA? Is Sabine is speaking as a survivor post ROTJ? That's a long time for Ezra to be lost, but I guess it will fit in with him becoming Snoke

I really don't get why Filoni has such a hard on for wanting Rex to be Nic Sant though.

Spoiler:  
So the finale, I wont give spoilers to specifics I'll just say some canon was broken. A tiny bit of Legends tossed, a tiny bit re-canonized. Some aspects ... specifically the finale battle was a bit too Avatar-ish for me so i wasn't very interested in it once shown and put off by it. But I understand in this fantasy realm the goodguys have to use scummy no-good tactics.
If you're using spoiler tag, you probably don't have to worry about spoilers. lol

Reaction score
why do people think ezra will be snoke. it doesnt make any sense. i feel ezra is purely good and dont see him turning evil to the point of becoming the new "emperor". i just dont see it. especially after he was willing to give his life to save lothal. it doesnt fit, even a little bit.

honestly, snoke is just another wasted/throw away character, like maul, like grievous. i suspect we will never find a canon (disney written) story about snoke agaom/

Reaction score
why do people think ezra will be snoke. it doesnt make any sense. i feel ezra is purely good and dont see him turning evil to the point of becoming the new "emperor". i just dont see it. especially after he was willing to give his life to save lothal. it doesnt fit, even a little bit.

honestly, snoke is just another wasted/throw away character, like maul, like grievous. i suspect we will never find a canon (disney written) story about snoke agaom/
I agree. As much as I hate Ezra, I can't imagine him becoming Snoke. I think JJ created Snoke as a character to be developed and then RJ just didn't like him, so he killed him off. I think that' part of the problem with them not having a basic storyline for the ST well ahead of the VII.

Reaction score
I really don't get why Filoni has such a hard on for wanting Rex to be Nic Sant though.
It's simple. Filoni thinks he need to legitimize the characters he created, so what better way than to say Rex is Sant. As far as I know, the official line was that Rex is not Nic Sant, but Filoni has always tried to push this theory.

I have to laugh how he talks about respecting George and all, and then he turns around and stomps all over the Jedi stuff we knew from the OT. This nitpicking about whether Ahsoka is still a Jedi or whether Ezra is technically a Jedi is foolishness. They were trained in the ways of the Jedi and considered themselves Jedi (even Gray Jedi), so they fit the bill. Filoni spoke about how there weren't any other Jedi besides Ob-Wam, Yoda, and Luke during the OT era, yet he just couldn't grow a pair and kill of those characters that should have been killed off. Too bad.

At this point, I'm not really interested in anything "new" he's going to do. He'll just shoehorn in all of his leftovers from Rebels into the new jedi academy and make a mess of things post Jedi as well. I guess it's par for the course along with the ST, though.

Reaction score
It's simple. Filoni thinks he need to legitimize the characters he created, so what better way than to say Rex is Sant. As far as I know, the official line was that Rex is not Nic Sant, but Filoni has always tried to push this theory.

I have to laugh how he talks about respecting George and all, and then he turns around and stomps all over the Jedi stuff we knew from the OT. This nitpicking about whether Ahsoka is still a Jedi or whether Ezra is technically a Jedi is foolishness. They were trained in the ways of the Jedi and considered themselves Jedi (even Gray Jedi), so they fit the bill. Filoni spoke about how there weren't any other Jedi besides Ob-Wam, Yoda, and Luke during the OT era, yet he just couldn't grow a pair and kill of those characters that should have been killed off. Too bad.

At this point, I'm not really interested in anything "new" he's going to do. He'll just shoehorn in all of his leftovers from Rebels into the new jedi academy and make a mess of things post Jedi as well. I guess it's par for the course along with the ST, though.
i honestly was hoping since they did all the stupid time travel garbage, that they went back and saved darth maul so they could continue his story. he is still the 2nd best star wars villain (vader #1 obviously) to me, maul was the the most interesting villain with such little screen time.

i also dont really like the stuff that was done with clone wars with the spider legs and the witches ( i cant remember the names). however, i think rebels did a pretty good job with him, especially the first intro of him.

meh, maybe one day he will get his deserved screen time, but i am not holding my breath

Reaction score
So a stormtrooper has a direct hit on Ezra but he lives? I guess the aura from the Guards weapon that was surrounding Ezra "protected" him. :rolleyes: I really loved the Clone Wars when it was on the air and it still holds up today for me but Rebels was not on the same level. Not looking forward to any future Filoni animated projects. Clone Wars worked because it A.) filled in the important time gap and B.) was the only media at the time so it got the necessary budget and attention and C.) creatively there was a more even distribution of important decosions.

Reaction score
It was only on the shoulder though. One could argue the same about Kylo Ren's injury, but people seem fine with that.

As for Ezra, it's just a fun theory. But given he gets transported through Hyperspace, he could wind up in the Unknown Regions. < Where Snoke supposedly comes from. Being there could change him. Even the brightest soul, has some darkness within. Also there's Thrawn, is this why he's missing during the OT? A bit different for sure, from his original story. I just hope he survives, he could be an interesting character in a future Movie.

Jedi you say? I don't feel he stomped all over it, as it was never fully fleshed out that they were all dead. Just based on assumptions. Especially with Hera's kid, If he's really Kanan's, then there's a possibility he has access to the Force. Thus making him a candidate for Luke's Academy?

I am curious what they plan to explore in the next series, because it feels like it will definitely be post ROTJ. But just how far past? Will they bring Ezra back, or just leave him a mystery? Sabine though, seems like she wastes a portion of her life concerning Ezra. When she obviously has a House and Planet to run?

TBH, it makes sense for Luke to have found a few old Jedi while looking for texts/lore. There have been protector of Jedi Knowledge for Millennia, so why would every singe one of them be gone? They wouldn't.

Reaction score
Rex as Nic Sant is a cool idea for about 10 seconds until you start to think about it:

LUKE
Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

LEIA
Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.

LUKE
What do you remember?

LEIA
Just...images, really. Feelings.

LUKE
Tell me.

LEIA
(a little surprised at his insistence)
She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad.
(looks up)
Why are you asking me all this?

He looks away.

LUKE
I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.

NIC SANT
Hey man, couldn't help but overhear... I hung out with both your mum and dad back in day. Anything you want to know, just ask.

Reaction score
Rex as Nic Sant is a cool idea for about 10 seconds until you start to think about it:

LUKE
Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

LEIA
Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.

LUKE
What do you remember?

LEIA
Just...images, really. Feelings.

LUKE
Tell me.

LEIA
(a little surprised at his insistence)
She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad.
(looks up)
Why are you asking me all this?

He looks away.

LUKE
I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.

NIC SANT
Hey man, couldn't help but overhear... I hung out with both your mum and dad back in day. Anything you want to know, just ask.
Awesome lol

Reaction score
Kind of like, "I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since, oh, since before you were born". Yet was called Obi-Wan twice right after the fact...

Reaction score
That whole Nic Sant thing is just plain dumb. Why try and shoehorn Rex into the Battle of Endor? Whether Rex lives or is alive at the time doesn't really bother me, but doing what Filoni did (or tried to do, I'm not sure if it's official or not) is just plain dumb.

Reaction score
That isn't the point though, as many of us have stated. Rex may have well been there, and according to Cannon was. Doesn't mean he is the guy named Nic.
The obvious differences between the two character have already been pointed out Adnauseam.
I don't have an issue with Rex being on Endor, or that he was even there with Hera on the same mission. Why does he have to be retcon into someone on screen in the first place? LFL simply saying he was there is Canon. How many other troops were there, and how many of them could have resembled Rex? See?

While thinking about the Finale again, I'm curious why Ezra couldn't simply jump away? Surely he had enough time to when Sabine contacted him, more time than anyone else would have to escape. So it feels to me like it was done on purpose, so that he wasn't dead but also wasn't around during Luke's time to shine

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
While thinking about the Finale again, I'm curious why Ezra couldn't simply jump away? Surely he had enough time to when Sabine contacted him, more time than anyone else would have to escape. So it feels to me like it was done on purpose, so that he wasn't dead but also wasn't around during Luke's time to shine

I think he has the space whales that can jump to hyperspace at his command (/vomits) into the unknown regions. This may be why he's not around and not found by the time Endor happens. Ambiguously left so Thrawn survives as well. Also did anyone catch that Captain Paelleon is now canon? Thrawn contacts him as the space whales break through the sentry line.

oh and Rex as the Nick saint thing... eh... no. Its 4-5yrs after Lothal and at double age rate Rex would be in his 70s and on top of that it shrinks the universe again making it the galactic trailer park we shook our heads at in the prequel era.

All in all I thought the finale was... passable. Though I'm not a fan of how spiritual Filoni likes to make his series w/the Loth Wolves, Brother/sister/Father etc. It's nice for spice to a story but having the wolves cut through the stormies and none of the gun ships open up on them seemed too darkwing duck to me. Then again it is disney's Rebels not LFL's.

Reaction score
That whole Nic Sant thing is just plain dumb. Why try and shoehorn Rex into the Battle of Endor? Whether Rex lives or is alive at the time doesn't really bother me, but doing what Filoni did (or tried to do, I'm not sure if it's official or not) is just plain dumb.
Thats the beauty of it though, if you like it than that was definitely Rex on Endor. If not Rex was just unseen with Hera and The Ghost in the battle.